Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2015, 08:03 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,204,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I believe the president of the US should be at least as educated as the leaders of a third world country.

What The World's Leaders Studied - Business Insider

How educated are world leaders? | Visual.ly

This thread is about Scott Walker so please don't make it about you.
Considering you supported Obama and still "believe" things like ACA and the stimulus bill as a success, your standards have very little value to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2015, 08:15 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,863,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Considering you supported Obama and still "believe" things like ACA and the stimulus bill as a success, your standards have very little value to me.
I value education and hold very high standards.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,204,958 times
Quote:
I value education and hold very high standards.
Education over actual accomplishments and the truth

That doesnt sound like high standards to me..

Old 07-11-2015, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Education over actual accomplishments and the truth

That doesnt sound like high standards to me..
The problem is, Walker has no education, is not truthful, and has accomplished nothing for WI.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:25 PM

Perhaps a college education would have taught Walker not to plagiarize.

Quote:
A nationally known eye wear company’s logo design shares more than a casual similarity with the Walker logo’s key element, a stylized American flag replacing the “E”.
Read more: http://www.bizpacreview.com/2015/07/...#ixzz3fdklYbJl

Quote:
Scott Walker spent 5 days revealing a logo that he stole from an eyeglass company.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMG64 View Post
Yes you value it to the exclusion of all human virtues.

Honesty, compassion, pragmatism, empathy, integrity, foresight.............none of these things matter to you right?

It's all about what school someone went to and what their grades were.

I feel sorry for you, being as ignorant as you are.
You are assuming that a person who values education does not value Honesty, compassion, pragmatism, empathy, integrity, foresight...

False choice. However, Walker does not value Honesty, compassion, pragmatism, empathy, integrity, foresight...

Old 07-11-2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMG64 View Post
I'm not assuming anything. I was responding to you based on the ridiculous comments you've posted on this thread, not everyone who values education.

Also the people of WI must think that Walker values those things. They elected him twice, despite the left throwing a hissy fit like a three year old girl and having a recall election.

Walker currently polls poorly in Wisconsin. The results of Walker's failed policies are taking their toll on the state.

Hey Scott Walker, Unpopular Governors Don't Get Elected President - US News

About honesty, this is just one of many examples of Walker's lies:

Scott Walker: Open records changes 'a huge mistake' that 'didn't come from us'

Read more: http://host.madison.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/scott-walker-open-records-changes-a-huge-mistake-that-didn/article_1f25802b-535a-52e7-9111-ab6602c2beab.html#ixzz3fdqaA294

Old 07-11-2015, 09:36 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,078,128 times
Quote:
I believe the president of the US should be at least as educated as the leaders of a third world country.
What about Democrat Harry Truman?

Old 07-11-2015, 10:18 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,666,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
What about Democrat Harry Truman?
Why stop there?

Andrew Jackson never went to high school.

Would you vote for a presidential candidate in 2016 who never went to high school?

Old 07-11-2015, 10:23 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,664,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Well, it's no surprise that Scott Walker took $300 Million from Wisconsin universities. Clearly, for Republicans, education is a bad thing.

But I do wonder how that works when you are in a position of authority and everyone is looking at you with your high school education and questioning your intelligence. When other countries are chuckling at every foible and laughing because America elected a guy with nothing more than a high school diploma.

This isn't the era of George Washington. Starbucks baristas have a degree. I can imagine the running joke every time someone interviews for a federal position. The stock answer - "Hey, high school is all you need".
I would say that is a plus. My husband and I agree that most colleges with their liberal agenda are to blame for the mess the country is in today.

I will take an intelligent person with the right sense of values over an educated idiot any day of the week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections