Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 09:13 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Terrible track record?Like the win in the Wisconsin Supreme Court? Lol. It's the 'law'. Live with it.
Considering that judges are politicians in robes - and the Wisconsin Supreme Court is very partisan even in that aspect, it's a political win for him, but not one for the people of Wisconsin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 10:10 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
This thread isn't about Obama. You're off topic because you can't defend Governor Walker's terrible track record.
I dont know much about Walkers "track record" which is why I have neither defended, nor attacked it..

However Obamas track record is very much public and you cant defend Obamas, while attacking Walkers, regardless of how bad it is, without being a complete idiot.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:32 PM

7,214 posts, read 9,392,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont know much about Walkers "track record" which is why I have neither defended, nor attacked it..

However Obamas track record is very much public and you cant defend Obamas, while attacking Walkers, regardless of how bad it is, without being a complete idiot.
If you don't know anything about Walker's very public tenure as governor (it's not like it's been a big secret or something), maybe you should stop commenting in threads about him and also quit trying to turn them into anti-Obama threads. There are plenty of those in P&OC's main forum for you to stick to.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Terrible track record?Like the win in the Wisconsin Supreme Court? Lol. It's the 'law'. Live with it.
I do live with it. I'm not going to expect the Democrats in the state legislature to try to reverse this decision 50+ times like the Republicans in Washington DC have with the ACA. I'm also not going to call for the end of Wisconsin's state supreme court, etc. like Republicans have after the gay marriage decision.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:39 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,557,321 times
Walker is dead on arrival.

No worries.

Old 07-16-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Walker is dead on arrival.

No worries.
Don't underestimate him. While I consider him a terrible governor, he is an extremely crafty and successful politician. Also, he's obviously well funded.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:00 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,047,114 times
No.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The majority of americans opinion is not the discussion

try again..
The uneducated supporters of Scott Walker don't care that Walker does not have a college degree.

Old 07-17-2015, 07:17 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,407,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I would like to know how WI's wages compare with their respective cost of living? Show us a chart on how their standard of living from those wages stack up vs other states.

When I graduated from college in 1985 all I hared from the liberal crowd was how lucky and greatful I must feel because I want from making $16,500 as a bookeeper in Erie PA to making $25,000 as an architect in DC. $16,500 in Erie bought you a beautiful victorian manse on the lake, $25,000 in DC got you a shared condo in Germantown.

I know wiki has charts that show the standard of living on an average local wage and how they stack up in ranking, I would like to see WI on that chart and how it compares with say 10 years ago. If it looks bad, I will accept your argument.
A local liberal group has posted this map showing the info I needed when asking you this question above. Accoeding to the map, though WI makes less than the national avereage they, on that wage maintain a 5% better standard of living on that wage than the national average. Since I grew up in Pittsburgh I was able to check out their numbers as well, seems the Pittsburgh metro area is near equal with Wisconsin in standard of living per average wage.

The Real Value of $100 in Metropolitan Areas | Tax Foundation

Old 07-17-2015, 07:31 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Shoot. If college drop out is a qualification for a good President, I'm vastly more qualified than Walker.
I guess I need to put my Republican hat back on. It's been in the closet for quite a while now, even though I'm still a registered member.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections