Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 04:58 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,393,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Cruz actually served as a lawyer in the private sector. Barack has never had a job past high school.
True.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 04:58 PM

39,185 posts, read 51,552,336 times
Call it what you want, but Cruz was born in a foreign country and one of his parents was an alien. Surely there has to be a real full-blooded American on the right who can win this thing. How about Rand Paul?

Old 03-26-2015, 05:00 PM

920 posts, read 639,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hippie Lady View Post
Batista was Dictator from 1952 to 1959 and was overthrown by the Cuban Revolution. Fidel Castro became the Prime Minister 1959 - 1976.......(then President 1976 - 2008). I understood the father left about 5 years later, when Fidel said some people who were unhappy could leave if the wanted....I remember the flights to America......

You understand incorrectly. The elder Cruz was imprisoned by Bautista in 1957, at which time he fled the country for the US. He was given a student visa, which became a green card and was ultimately given political asylum in the US. Castro came to power AFTER the 18 year old RB Cruz fled the country.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:00 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,393,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
President Barack Obama on Friday signed a bill into law intended to prevent an Iranian diplomat who allegedly played a role in the 1979 hostage crisis from entering the United States. However, during the signing of the bill, authored by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), the president indicated he would treat the law only as “advisory.”

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/mem...ed_cruz/412573
Once again, in violation of his oath of office. Impeach this damn traitor and fool!

Old 03-26-2015, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
This ^^ from the person who posted this:

And did not even spell "Hussein" correctly. Some folks have no shame.
Well, since BHO NEVER uses his middle name (for some reason) (unless pandering to certain groups when speechifyin') I guess I never see it enough to spell it correctly. But you are right. Some folks certainly have no shame!

Old 03-26-2015, 05:03 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,326,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
Or Obama winning his election in Illinois?
Obama had to actually appeal to Republicans as well in Illinois, it is a pretty red state outside of Chicago.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:03 PM

171 posts, read 328,182 times
I will definitely check the information you gave....I certainly remember differently. Can you give your source of information? Would appreciate...thanks. I like to research info I am given.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:04 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,326,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What bills in Congress did Senator Obama (who usually voted, "Present") author?
So I take it you don't have an issue with Obama being a one term Senator that didn't really write any bills?

Old 03-26-2015, 05:05 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,434,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Ignorant bullsh*t.
Where you even get this "the individual insurance marketplace was destroyed" nonsense - Fox News?
Plenty of places out there to get insurance. Just google "health insurance" and whatever state you want and you'll find sites out there for all the big health insurance companies to sign up on.

For example, here's Humana's for Arizona:

https://www.humana.com/individual-an...ns-in-arizona/

Here's Blur Cross/Blue Shield for Arizona:

https://www.azblue.com/#panel-MedicalPlans

Here's Cigna of Arizona:

2014 Health Insurance Coverage Options in Arizona

You can find such sites for EVERY state in the country.

Ken
umm, Ken, all those sites are offering ACA-compliant policies under ACA rules. The former individual marketplace, featuring a wide range of policies with lower prices, generally lower deductibles, and lower coinsurance, IS GONE as I said.

If you repeal the ACA or "defund" it, the economics behind every policy on every website you listed is blown--totally. Ask somebody who knows something about insurance. (Hint: Not Ted Cruz.)

Old 03-26-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
But wait a minute: Didn't he invent the Internet?

Was that before or after "Love Story" was written about him and Tipper?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections