Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 03:39 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,273,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
OK, you got me. I will admit it.

This guy just makes my skin crawl. He has the air of a snake oil salesman. I do think the "defunding" nonsense disqualified him for serious consideration, but the guy is bright and does have a resume. You are right about that. But you'd practically have to be a Texan to like him.
Would you support any Republican conservative, or are they all "disqualified from serious consideration" for your vote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 03:44 PM

920 posts, read 635,588 times
Quote:

This guy just makes my skin crawl. He has the air of a snake oil salesman. I do think the "defunding" nonsense disqualified him for serious consideration, but the guy is bright and does have a resume. You are right about that. But you'd practically have to be a Texan to like him.
Is that racist? See, If I said the same about Obama, that would be racist.

I know plenty of folks in other states that are Cruz supporters. I understand that you may not like his demeanor and I appreciate your willingness to admit that is where your bias comes from and for your ability to concede that the man has an impressive background as far as his education and career are concerned.

I have friends in the GOP that have said the same thing about his demeanor. That is definitely an issue, just as Romney's "robotic" and "rich man" demeanor was troublesome for him.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:49 PM

39,099 posts, read 51,306,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Would you support any Republican conservative, or are they all "disqualified from serious consideration" for your vote?
Well I have standards. They include:

1. Born in the USA
2. Current or past governor or at least a government executive with a significant budget and personnel oversight
3. Not named Bush
4. College graduate.
5. Not an ordained minister
6. Not a Texan

Who does that leave? I like Christie, but the Republicans are about as likely to nominate him as they are Cruz from the polls I have seen.

Old 03-27-2015, 03:56 PM

26,577 posts, read 14,480,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
He released two forms of his birth certificate.
correct, now back to my original question, do you believe they are legitimate?

Quote:
He has never released any of his collegiate records....
correct, nor has any other president ( before or during their presidency ) with one exception. george w. bush released one page of his yale transcript in 2004....... the exact same page that had been released by the new yorker 4 years earlier.

Quote:
... and no one who has tried to access them has been able to.
who exactly has tried?

the only one i know of is orly taitz who attempted to subpoena them from occidental college. orly was sanctioned $4,000.00 because the attempted subpoena was a blatant violation of FERPA laws.

again, back to my original question, do you believe that any of obama's personal records are "sealed"?

Old 03-27-2015, 03:59 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,273,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Well I have standards. They include:

1. Born in the USA
2. Current or past governor or at least a government executive with a significant budget and personnel oversight
3. Not named Bush
4. College graduate.
5. Not an ordained minister
6. Not a Texan

Who does that leave? I like Christie, but the Republicans are about as likely to nominate him as they are Cruz from the polls I have seen.
Kasich, Palin, and Jindal all meet your arbitrary standards as well.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Really - why?
ask yourself the same question, you just stated you were doing that exact same thing:

Quote:
I was showing the absurdity of all this "Rafael Edward Cruz" nonsense.
i've yet to refer to him as anything other then "ted", "ted cruz" or "cruz" so i could only speculate to a "why?".

Old 03-27-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
correct, now back to my original question, do you believe they are legitimate?

correct, nor has any other president ( before or during their presidency ) with one exception. george w. bush released one page of his yale transcript in 2004....... the exact same page that had been released by the new yorker 4 years earlier.

who exactly has tried?

the only one i know of is orly taitz who attempted to subpoena them from occidental college. orly was sanctioned $4,000.00 because the attempted subpoena was a blatant violation of FERPA laws.

again, back to my original question, do you believe that any of obama's personal records are "sealed"?

Yes I believe they are legitimate.

I don't believe they are sealed, I believe they are not eligible to be released for privacy reasons. They are his personal records, so those institutions would require his permission to release anything.

I don't know who tried. I never really cared enough to look into it.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Yes I believe they are legitimate.

I don't believe they are sealed, I believe they are not eligible to be released for privacy reasons. They are his personal records, so those institutions would require his permission to release anything.

I don't know who tried. I never really cared enough to look into it.
thank you for your answers.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
ask yourself the same question, you just stated you were doing that exact same thing:

i've yet to refer to him as anything other then "ted", "ted cruz" or "cruz" so i could only speculate to a "why?".

I was not doing it out of some sort of spite vendetta because my favorite candidate was mocked by others. I was mirroring bad behavior back to the poster.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:06 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,851,372 times
Quote:

It wasn't nonsense. He directed all eyes on the biggest job killer in the country. That took some moxie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections