Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2015, 04:11 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,414,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Would you support any Republican conservative, or are they all "disqualified from serious consideration" for your vote?
I frequently support conservatives; I am a staunch small government, low tax, spending-control kind of Republican. The "defunding" stunt disqualifies Cruz, in my mind, because it was a cynical plan that had no chance to work out in the real world. Many people would have been thrown under the bus, and I am NOT talking about the welfare recipients getting large ACA subsidies. Government screwed up the health market, it has an obligation to provide an off-ramp from Obamacare as Sen. Ben Sasse and others have recently described. But Cruz, he kept it to a bumper-sticker: "Defund!" I know that others disagree but I think this episode was totally pathetic and all about the politics, not about governing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 04:14 PM

26,579 posts, read 14,467,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
... mirroring bad behavior back .....
and this is exactly how i perceive the current use of "raphael" in the ted cruz threads.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:26 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,676,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Ted "Bill Murray" Cruz has no more a chance of winning the presidency than Ted Bundy.

He has no more chance of winning the GOP nomination than Yosemite Sam.

Now you're just trolling the thread....

AGAIN!

Old 03-27-2015, 04:27 PM

21,486 posts, read 10,593,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
OK, you got me. I will admit it.

This guy just makes my skin crawl. He has the air of a snake oil salesman. I do think the "defunding" nonsense disqualified him for serious consideration, but the guy is bright and does have a resume. You are right about that. But you'd practically have to be a Texan to like him.
I'm a Texan, and I agree with you. My husband loves the guy, but there is something about him that makes my skin crawl too. I'm sure it's completely unwarranted, but I am afraid others feel that way too. Having a great resume doesn't necessarily make a great politician. He's probably an excellent lawyer, and if he settles into it he can be good in the senate, but he is not charismatic, charming or likeable.

Neither is Hillary Clinton.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark85 View Post
I assume he won't get the majority of the hispanic voters, since they tend to vote democrat.

That wasn't the case in Texas, running for Senate, during a Presidential election year.

Old 03-27-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Cruz is a great politician, but his routine only plays well to a niche within the GOP. I think his quiet exploratory phase and first to jump in was a good move. HE won't win the nomination, but he we will have a following and delegates to use as bargaining chips at the convention.

It is sad, that the truth and the constitution, only plays well to a small niche of the American population.....

Old 03-27-2015, 04:31 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,243,235 times
Hmm..... I thought this thread is about how Cruz was underestimated?!

So in what way has he been underestimated?

Old 03-27-2015, 04:40 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,214,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Hmm..... I thought this thread is about how Cruz was underestimated?!

So in what way has he been underestimated?

That clearly isn't important, though I am still figuring out what Rafael Cruz has done to prove that he could be a president, I would imagine with all the fuss Republicans made about Obama that this would be an important factor to them.

Old 03-27-2015, 05:21 PM

1,733 posts, read 949,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
It is sad, that the truth and the constitution, only plays well to a small niche of the American population.....

So true. Many people claim they are tired of the same ol' same ol', vowing to support someone who would get the economy back on track, put the middle class back to work, etc., yet Cruz comes along and tackles the largest boondoggle in recent history head-on, and he's called a loon. You're (in general) darn right the other RINO's don't like him-he rocks the boat they've been floating in for decades. He's doing what he is supposed to be doing, working for us.
Seems people prefer the status quo despite griping about that very thing. Jeb Bush, Hillary, or Walker are not going to work for the people, they will only work to further their own agenda. I want D.C. shaken up. I want those establishment idiots to be truly afraid for their jobs. I want the gov't slimmed down, the IRS to go away, and for people to be able to keep a majority of their paychecks. Very few of those in Congress have the b@lls to do what Ted has done. And you (in general) can bet the media has done it's best to dig up dirt on Cruz, to no avail. That should say something.

Old 03-27-2015, 06:07 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,214,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
So true. Many people claim they are tired of the same ol' same ol', vowing to support someone who would get the economy back on track, put the middle class back to work, etc., yet Cruz comes along and tackles the largest boondoggle in recent history head-on, and he's called a loon. You're (in general) darn right the other RINO's don't like him-he rocks the boat they've been floating in for decades. He's doing what he is supposed to be doing, working for us.
Seems people prefer the status quo despite griping about that very thing. Jeb Bush, Hillary, or Walker are not going to work for the people, they will only work to further their own agenda. I want D.C. shaken up. I want those establishment idiots to be truly afraid for their jobs. I want the gov't slimmed down, the IRS to go away, and for people to be able to keep a majority of their paychecks. Very few of those in Congress have the b@lls to do what Ted has done. And you (in general) can bet the media has done it's best to dig up dirt on Cruz, to no avail. That should say something.
You really should read his job history and see who he worked for before running for Senate. He is more of the same old, same old that we expect to see from the GOP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections