Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2015, 11:40 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,321,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
The American people became VERY aware of the ACA debacle. I'd say that was some good filibustering! Want to talk about the WASTED taxpayer money on the ACA debacle?
You are aware Rafael Cruz's filibuster didn't actually do anything to stop or slow down ACA from starting, it just hurt other Americans when he caused a government shutdown. While that shutdown was going on, people still had to enroll in a very active ACA.

So much for that filibuster Rafael the Communist Cruz.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2015, 11:41 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,911,920 times
Quote:
The American people became VERY aware of the ACA debacle. I'd say that was some good filibustering! Want to talk about the WASTED taxpayer money on the ACA debacle?
So it is your contention that a politician should be able to squander billions and billions of taxpayer dollars to make a point? And that, to you, is a good use of your money?

This is why the term "fiscal conservative" is such a joke.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:51 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,833,371 times
The filibusterer went one of two ways...
The people saw the democrat controlled government as the enemy, or the people saw Ted Cruz as the enemy.
If Ted Cruz was the enemy in the deal, we should be looking at a Democrat Supermajority right now.
If the Democrat controlled government, was the enemy you would see 80 democrats kicked from their jobs, since signing the bill, themselves.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:51 AM

39,179 posts, read 51,527,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
If Ted Cruz can figure out how to transfer the accumulation of wealth from the 1% back toward the middle he has my vote. This is a huge problem that, if left to continue, will break down social order in our country.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:01 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,833,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If Ted Cruz can figure out how to transfer the accumulation of wealth from the 1% back toward the middle he has my vote. This is a huge problem that, if left to continue, will break down social order in our country.

He has stated many times to End the IRS and End the Fed.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...ainst-the-fed/

Last edited by BentBow; 04-01-2015 at 12:09 PM..

Old 04-01-2015, 12:05 PM

38,856 posts, read 25,661,195 times
Talking Oh how they have underestimate the man called CRUZ

Dear GOP:

Oh, please.

Please, please, please nominate this horse's patoot.

Sincerely,

DNC

Old 04-01-2015, 12:39 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,305,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Dear GOP:

Oh, please.

Please, please, please nominate this horse's patoot.

Sincerely,

DNC

The Democrats will attack any Republican candidate with equal gusto, it really doesn't make a difference if it is Senator Cruz or anyone else. Even moderate candidates, like Romney and McCain were accused of the worst things.

I can't see Cruz as any more of a target.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:50 PM

39,179 posts, read 51,527,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He has stated many times to End the IRS and End the Fed.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...ainst-the-fed/
I was thinking more along the lines of progressive tax reform, promote education, renegotiate trade agreements that have put Americans out of work. You know - sensible things.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:04 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,301,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
LOL!!! "The Daily Beast!" And Politifact! These are the people you rely on for truth?

Ana Marie Cox uses as proof that Cruz is living in an "alternative universe" the favorite "fall back" argument that he (along with millions of other Americans and a majority of scientists) doesn't believe in "Global Warming," parroting California Governor "Moonbeam" Brown.

Then she tries to demonize Cruz for his "the world is on fire" characterization of the Middle East situation, and going a step further, claims he "looked a child in the eye" when he said this (which is a bald faced lie). The little girl was anything but terrorized, and she and her mother both met Ted Cruz on Fox and Friends (to the delight of the child, who apparently loves Ted Cruz). The MSM made fools of themselves with this smear attempt.

She then goes on to attack Ted Cruz for suggesting we abolish the IRS, something that most Americans can agree with.

The frosting on the cake is her statement, about Ted Cruz' "misguided belief that a wide swath of Americans want to repeal Obamacare." She must be totally out of touch, because most Americans do want Obamacare repealed.

SMH
I don't know anyone that does want it repealed.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:13 PM

38,926 posts, read 24,043,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
So sad for you that the majority of people see through this garbage, and have put the blame for the shutdown squarely where it belongs, on Cruz and the Republicans. You can sucker your own sycophants into believing Cruz isn't responsible for the shutdown, but everyone else--i.e., the majority of Americans--aren't buying that revisionist history.

And FYI, whenever there is a shutdown the national parks and monuments shut down. A minimal amount of research would show you that. I know, I know, those damn facts have a liberal bias...
There inlies the rub which is exactly why Cruz has had a much higher ubfavorability rating in poles after the shutdown than favorable ratings. I've posted the link several times to a Huffington Post aggregate of different poles. It just shows that since the events of the shutdown, Cruz has had more negative feedback than positive. Not a good thing for a presidential candidate, let one the Republican nominee.
Quote:
Cruz instigated a blowout election for the GOP, recapturing the Senate. The Rhino Republicans and Democrats should learn a lesson in principled politics.

"Shut down is a misnomer; what it in fact is is a partial, temporary shut down" where "nonessential government functions are temporarily suspended. "Now that's inconvenient," Cruz admitted, before adding "but we actually see that every single week on the weekends":
Cruz didn't but nice spi n. The fact is that two term presidents always have congress turned against them by the second midterm election. That and Democrat turn out the vote isn't as strong for midterms. If it was a presidential year, you have a point. 2014 was a midterm so you using correlation to create causation. Could that have been a reason, sure. However it isn't THE reason.
Quote:
And the ACA has even been gaining support since then, debunked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections