Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 07:21 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,879,951 times

Advertisements

There has been talk about a recession and also on "loose" government spending. Little has been paid to the inflation crisis, weak salary growth, and increasing big government costs. The candidates are either keeping the IRS but how are they going to change the economy around. Specifically, which candidate is actually going to tackle the problems of inflation, devaluation of the dollar, and the Federal Reserve? Inflation hits an all-time high at 6.7 percent, this is much higher than the interest I am earning at any bank savings account (how most Americans save their money). This means I lost about 2 percent this year even though I didn't spend anything . Unfortunately most Americans don't even realize this...

Wholesale inflation hike largest in 26 years - Jan. 15, 2008 (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 07:31 AM

607 posts, read 923,770 times
may I be the first to say - Ron Paul.

Old 01-15-2008, 07:42 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,879,951 times
My salary didn't even go up 6.7 percent... I am earning less than I did LAST YEAR... even though I made more money, I made less... a common theme with all Americans... and they don't even know it...

Old 01-15-2008, 07:58 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,060,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
There has been talk about a recession and also on "loose" government spending. Little has been paid to the inflation crisis, weak salary growth, and increasing big government costs. The candidates are either keeping the IRS but how are they going to change the economy around. Specifically, which candidate is actually going to tackle the problems of inflation, devaluation of the dollar, and the Federal Reserve? Inflation hits an all-time high at 6.7 percent, this is much higher than the interest I am earning at any bank savings account (how most Americans save their money). This means I lost about 2 percent this year even though I didn't spend anything . Unfortunately most Americans don't even realize this...

Wholesale inflation hike largest in 26 years - Jan. 15, 2008 (broken link)
Obviously it won't be any current member of the Senate or the House presidential candidate or they would have done something about it already. Now you might say this one said this or supported that or introduced this or that but have they been effective? They're out there claiming leadership skills, call them on it. When they are on their campaign trails ask the economic visionary candidates that are currently in the US Senate or House how they have been effective agents of economic change and not just blowhards about it.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:50 AM

2,356 posts, read 3,482,044 times
I find it amusing that basically nobody even tried to produce an answer to this question.

Who needs specific policies? They're all too busy worrying about candidates' religion, race, gender, electability, speaking ability, percieved morality, and how frequently they vaguely refer to "change".

Old 01-15-2008, 09:57 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,843,834 times
The only way to solve America's problems would be to go to England, bow before the Queen, apologize for our foolish mistakes in 1776, and ask her to take us back.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:29 AM

1,969 posts, read 5,961,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
The only way to solve America's problems would be to go to England, bow before the Queen, apologize for our foolish mistakes in 1776, and ask her to take us back.

LOL - funny - but wrong

Old 01-15-2008, 12:03 PM

80 posts, read 41,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I hope this is a joke. The UK, England in particular, is in even worse shape than the US. I love the Scots though. I wouldn't mind living in Scotland and drinking Scotch Whiskey.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:05 PM

80 posts, read 41,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous View Post
I find it amusing that basically nobody even tried to produce an answer to this question.
I think someone posted the answer above ... Ron Paul.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:06 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,680,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
I think someone posted the answer above ... Ron Paul.
Thats my answer as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections