Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 02:17 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,208,520 times

Advertisements

Google "Dominionism"...or Christian Reconstructionism. This is what the right wants and has been aiming to implement in the USA for decades now, in my opinion. Basically a Theocracy imo. Just my view and opinion on the matter.

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 04-10-2015 at 02:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2015, 02:25 PM

1,439 posts, read 785,112 times
As many have said before Republicans have gerrymandered the districts so well in many states so that very few Republicans represent Blacks and Hispanics in their districts and therefore have no incentive to try and gain their votes. This hurts when they have to run nationwide and statewide contests.

Old 04-10-2015, 02:37 PM

9,916 posts, read 10,871,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
I would worry about your own failed party, if I were you.

For me, I am tickled that you think the Democrat Party's huge failings are simply going to be solved by demographics. Keep whistling past the graveyard.
Indeed, love it, they just got their collective (pun intended) ass's handed to them and they are offering up solutions on what the party that just destroyed them needs to do to win.
No doubt the GOP has its challenges...namely being defined by the media and nitwits such as those on here. The electorate is definitely not the same as it was in the 80's but neither is the GOP. I am very encouraged by the Young, Diverse, Conservative candidates and elected officials in the GOP.

Old 04-10-2015, 03:04 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,305,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Google "Dominionism"...or Christian Reconstructionism. This is what the right wants and has been aiming to implement in the USA for decades now, in my opinion. Basically a Theocracy imo. Just my view and opinion on the matter.
I have never met any conservatives that want a theocracy, fg.

What facts do you base your views on?

Old 04-10-2015, 06:17 PM

20,523 posts, read 15,966,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
With Clinton, one must factor in that she'll get the highest percent of the female vote in history. If the demographics stay similar to 2012, there's no way in hell the GOP has a chance.

I've said it before, and I've said it again. That party is too white and too old. You need to replace the old whites with young minorities like Booker and Rubio.

How the right can still back guys like Boehner and Mcconnell as figureheads is laughable.
Funny how a dark skin American of Sicilian family is an "anglo white" but a light skin "Hispanic" ain't white in 2015.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:20 AM

6,428 posts, read 6,961,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't consider morality to be "religious crap". Without morals one is just and empty suit. Without morality we cease to be a decent nation.
I don't need a supernatural being, who may or may not exist, to tell me to behave morally. I just do it.

Old 04-11-2015, 02:21 AM

6,428 posts, read 6,961,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Out of all the social issues, opposition to illegitimacy would seem to be one least likely to curry favor. 75% of the children in major cities like Washington DC or Cleveland OH are born out of wedlock. Why pick that fight that will alienate so many?
Because it will help people down the road.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:48 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,429,196 times
Quote:

Quote:
I have never met any conservatives that want a theocracy, fg.

What facts do you base your views on?
There are no facts to support it, just the hallucinations, probably drug-induced, of a deranged mind. People on the right tend to believe in individual liberty and wish to uphold the 'free exercise' clause of the First Amendment. This is the antithesis of theocracy. Those on the left tend to want collective values imposed, and are continually trying to chip away at the free exercise clause, whether Sandra Fluke, or the gay cake-baking activism that has emerged as a major force in Dem circles..

Old 04-11-2015, 05:18 AM

7,541 posts, read 10,305,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
Quote:
Out of all the social issues, opposition to illegitimacy would seem to be one least likely to curry favor. 75% of the children in major cities like Washington DC or Cleveland OH are born out of wedlock. Why pick that fight that will alienate so many?
Because it will help people down the road..

I certainly agree that bearing children within marriage is a real benefit to the people in question as well as to society at large.

As far as advocating in favor of it, yes, its the right thing to do.

But there are no *political* advantages to doing so, if the question is how to solve the GOP's demographic/electoral challenges, considering the number engaged in having children out of wedlock which is the question posted by the OP. Tens of millions are born out of wedlock, berating people for this alienates a lot more voters than other issues. The Census Bureau , for example, estimates there are a total of just 180,000 gay marriage nationwide. Alienating that relative drop in the bucket is somehow considered a death sentence for the Republicans, this alienates a whole lot more.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:30 AM

63,480 posts, read 29,503,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Siegel View Post
I don't need a supernatural being, who may or may not exist, to tell me to behave morally. I just do it.
Nor do I but some people operate under a new progressive, liberal nonsense without morality. It's anything goes with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections