Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2015, 07:43 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,900,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
My wife of 14 years is surprised to learn that she isn't married. Who the hell is this blonde haired green eyed gal I just made supper for?
Why sure we should believe you. Calling whites hateful but saying it isn't racist makes you believable right?

Quote:
BTW, I never said that a greater proportion of white Americans are racist as compared to Americans of color. But America is what? 60% white? Therefore, unless you assume that white people are inherently LESS hateful and ignorant than minorities (and maybe you do?), then it would follow that a clear majority of hateful, ignorant people in America ARE white. Maybe this isn't covered in Texas... but take a look at this mathematical concept

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proport...y_(mathematics)
Yet you never mentioned other races and you have concluded, in your twisted racist mentality that those following Paul are racist.

Again read up on the Redeem Act.

Quote:
Just like a majority of people on welfare are white. That statement says nothing particularly ill of white people- it's a function of the fact that ya'll are a majority. Is that proof enough for you?
This is true but has nothing to do with your racist comments. It's not proof. Your racists comments are.

Quote:
And so that's why Rand Paul has a career. A majority of hateful, ignorant people in this country are white.
Another racist comment by you. Good to see you show your true colors.

Quote:
And Rand Paul's stance in favor of LEGALIZED DISCRIMINATION appeals to these hateful white southerners.
Another racist comment by you. Good to see you show your true colors.

Quote:
Same goes for his 'states rights' stance that was used to defend both slavery and Jim Crow laws.
Yet you've offered no proof his states rights stance is about defending slavery and defending Jim Crow. The truth is he's never defended Jim Crow.

Open carry, why that's racist. The Federal government has a small defined role and anything not covered in the Constitution is a racist states rights agenda?

Quote:
It's obvious to everybody but his fans what's going on. And that's why he'll never be president.
Only to those like yourself with a twisted racist agenda. Blacks voting for Obama aren't hateful yet whites who vote for Paul are. Guess you forgot to mention that blacks are hateful to right? But that's not the case in your racist post otherwise you would have said it. Your argument that Rand Paul has many racist followers and his policies are racist is dishonest. You added 2+2 and got 7

In a nutshell -You can't argue on policy because your chosen ones policies, little different than Bushes, stink so you falsely play the race card

Last edited by Loveshiscountry; 04-21-2015 at 08:04 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2015, 07:47 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,894,026 times
Default Paul

In some cases I do not think some are ready for his to the point views. Everyone is use to Obama and Clinton dancing around the issues, instead of diving into the issue directly.

Rand Paul scares Dems and Hilary (more so) because he does not pulls punches. You know where he stands. Agee or Not.

Old 04-21-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
As you well know, women generally couldn't vote until the constitution was amended. Black people were property and CERTAINLY couldn't vote until the constitution was amended (and often couldn't vote long after due to laws passed and defended under the guise of 'states rights').
As for the constitution as it exists TODAY applying differently to men and women... well don't take my word for it.
You said the Constitution is racist. I proved it isn't. If you now want to say government discriminated back then and didn't apply the Constitution correctly at times for everyone, then I agree 100 percent.

Quote:
Take the word of Republicans in the Great State of South Carolina- where Randy Paul has many neoconfederate fans:
A dishonest statement by you, go figure.

Quote:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2015/04/09/south_carolina_we_can_discriminate_against_women_s o_why_not_gays.html
Quote:

Similar reasoning would EASILY apply to non-white people. And these guys are Super-Pro-Freedom-Rand-Paul-loving-god-fearing-southern-Republicans so they CAN'T be wrong. Can they??
You applied something to Rand Paul that isn't true and have no proof. Gee go figure.

Government has a defined role and should not interfere in private business. That is a moral issue and government isn't moral. Government doesn't own ones work or ones business.

Quote:
Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice 'original intent'.
No doubt the tyranny of our own government in the early days was no different than what we fought against Great Britain. The compromise for the slave states should never have been done. They gave up a little bit of freedom for security which was exactly the opposite of what Benjamin Franklin said.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:22 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,773,800 times
Well that was a waste of time. Honestly you could have just written "Nuh Uh!" and been done with it.

So back to the topic at hand. Here's a video of Rand Paul explicitly saying that whites-only lunch counters should be legal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWBDWU7qES8

Old 04-21-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Well that was a waste of time. Honestly you could have just written "Nuh Uh!" and been done with it.

So back to the topic at hand. Here's a video of Rand Paul explicitly saying that whites-only lunch counters should be legal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWBDWU7qES8
Show proof he's okay with businesses discriminating. You can't because he isn't. Keep trying.

What next the Civil Rights Act was responsible for undoing governments own Jim Crow laws and not the Civil Rights Activists? The problem with you is you want to use force and coercion to get what you want while stomping on the rights of the individual.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:31 PM

Here's another good one- it shows what kind of folks support Rand Paul. Did ya'll know that Rand Paul's Senate campaign spokesman was a white supremecist? Check it the hell out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuwIwkrjtHA

Old 04-21-2015, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Show proof he's okay with businesses discriminating. You can't because he isn't. Keep trying.

What next the Civil Rights Act was responsible for undoing governments own Jim Crow laws and not the Civil Rights Activists? The problem with you is you want to use force and coercion to get what you want while stomping on the rights of the individual.
You can't possibly be this dense. Here's the quote from the video:

Quote:
PAUL: I like the Civil Rights Act in the sense that it ended discrimination in all public domains, and I’m all in favor of that.
INTERVIEWER: But?
PAUL: You had to ask me the "but." I don't like the idea of telling private business owners — I abhor racism. I think it’s a bad business decision to exclude anybody from your restaurant — but, at the same time, I do believe in private ownership. But I absolutely think there should be no discrimination in anything that gets any public funding, and that’s most of what I think the Civil Rights Act was about in my mind.
He's very clearly saying that he doesn't personally suppor 'whites only' lunch counters, but he supports the right of racists to practice such discrimination in business.

Here's another good example where Randy Paul courageously comes out in favor of discrimination in HOUSING too:

Quote:
Indeed, Rand Paul, in a 2002 letter to the Bowling Green Daily News, made a similar point about the U.S. Fair Housing Act, saying it "ignores the distinction between private and public property." He added: “Decisions concerning private property and associations should in a free society be unhindered. As a consequence, some associations will discriminate.
Rand Paul’s rewriting of his own remarks on the Civil Rights Act - The Washington Post

So there you have it folks, Rand Paul is standing up for whites-only lunch counters AND for legalized discrimination in housing. How many times can you deny his plainly spoken words, his words in plain text, his associations in public campaigns? Rand Paul is a racist. Period.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Here's another good one- it shows what kind of folks support Rand Paul. Did ya'll know that Rand Paul's Senate campaign spokesman was a white supremecist? Check it the hell out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuwIwkrjtHA
LMAO You believe that. You can't possibly be this dense.

Old 04-21-2015, 08:51 PM

Quote:
You can't possibly be this dense. Here's the quote from the video:

He's very clearly saying that he doesn't personally suppor 'whites only' lunch counters, but he supports the right of racists to practice such discrimination in business.
You just proved what I said. He is against racism but property rights cannot be stomped on. Only someone with a twisted agenda would miss that.

Quote:
Here's another good example where Randy Paul courageously comes out in favor of discrimination in HOUSING too:

Rand Paul’s rewriting of his own remarks on the Civil Rights Act - The Washington Post

So there you have it folks, Rand Paul is standing up for whites-only lunch counters AND for legalized discrimination in housing. How many times can you deny his plainly spoken words, his words in plain text, his associations in public campaigns? Rand Paul is a racist. Period.
Again You just proved what I said. He is against racism but property rights cannot be stomped on. Only someone with a twisted agenda would miss that.
Unlike you, most people aren't dumb enough to fall for your twisted agenda. Rand isn't the racist one here.
Still waiting for you to prove Rand is racist. I'll put this in again and when you respond make sure you ignore this again.

The Redeem Act

Old 04-21-2015, 08:52 PM

546 posts, read 409,445 times
Some people have difficulty with the concept that just because something is legal, or might be constitutionally legal, it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

The ludicrous anti-Paul screeds here are akin to saying every democrat wants to stick those scissors into the skull of a halfway born child in a partial birth abortion.

You guys just love yanking viable children from the womb and slaughtering them, don't you.

Same logic, or lack thereof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections