Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 07:23 AM

5,739 posts, read 3,275,539 times

Advertisements

Do we really need an Obama third term?
Wasn't two terms of Obama bad enough?

NYT: Clinton Campaign to Be Built on an 'Obama Third Term'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2015, 07:29 AM

9,348 posts, read 16,743,226 times
Not sure why all the hype. Hillary became a NY Senator and did nothing significant, come to think of it, she did nothing significant as Secretary of State. So I guess she is very similar to Obama, in lacking experience, contributions and leadership. I vote for the person, not the party and Hillary will not be checked off on my ballot.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:32 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,574,937 times
What does Bill say to Hillary after a romantic interlude?

“Honey, I’ll be home in 20 minutes.”

Old 04-12-2015, 07:43 AM

37,845 posts, read 41,204,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post

Seeing as how the last election we had was an anti-Obama election (make no mistake about it, even though I'm not running my ideas/programs are on the ballot) or stayed home if they were Democrats, this doesn't seem like a good strategy to me. Maybe she assumes, people will already vote for her because they thought her husband was a good president but Bill Clinton was a governor before he was President and she was just "the wife" no matter how she paints it now and a Secretary of State and Senator with no accomplishments anyone can seem to point to, even her fanboys.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:55 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,147,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post

IMO this is a recipe for defeat. I am actually surprised Hillary is going in this direction, I felt for sure she would want to move away from Obama and his disastrous foreign policy in particular.

I guess this is Hillary's way of placating the far left "progressives" within the party.

Old 04-12-2015, 08:00 AM

9,884 posts, read 11,042,877 times
IMO, she plans to make it on the "First Woman President" card.
She (and her supporters) hope that being the FIRST Woman President will override all other issues, and make the voters forget them.
If the parties (ALL of them) are smart, they will field other female candidates, preferably ones that will overshadow Hillary.
There must be some, aren't there?

I agree with this Goodwin column:

Oh Hill no! Clinton’s stale presidential plan wrong for nation | New York Post

If Ms. Clinton were a vat of whole milk, she would be so far beyond her "sell-by" date that the only thing she would be good for would be to make cottage cheese! No matter who the other parties have running, I will never vote for her!

Old 04-12-2015, 09:35 AM

57,398 posts, read 26,455,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
IMO this is a recipe for defeat. I am actually surprised Hillary is going in this direction, I felt for sure she would want to move away from Obama and his disastrous foreign policy in particular.

I guess this is Hillary's way of placating the far left "progressives" within the party.
That is an oversimplification of the article, the headline does not match what is written. We have come a long way from 2008 we are in much better shape but she cannot take credit for things like Obama Care.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:44 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,535,177 times
She has to be sure of the lunatic leftist community so it's a good place to start.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:17 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,450,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post

What exactly was so disastrous about our current foreign policy??

Old 04-12-2015, 11:17 AM

9,348 posts, read 16,743,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
What exactly was so disastrous about our current foreign policy??
To name a few:

Obama threatened Assad if he used chemical weapons the US would retaliate and when Syria used them against their own people, he did nothing.

He is removing economic sanctions against Iran and Cuba without any concessions from either country.

He was in a hurry to pull our troops out of Iraq so he could look good. our troops had brought stability to the country and lost many lives doing so, but because Obama's ego was more important than finishing the job we started, the jihadists returned and destroyed what our soldiers shed their blood for.

He announced the date we would be pulling out of Afghanistan, again in a hurry to add praise to himself, signaling the jihadists so the country is now returned to the pre 9/11 dystopia.

Obama and his right hand village idiot, Holder, have removed our NSA abilities and tied their hands so much that without a doubt there will be another attack on American soil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections