Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 10:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
She will be almost 70 in 2016. Will the liberals who had a problem with McCain being too old say the same for Hillary?
Ron Paul is looking like a spring chicken these days!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 10:54 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,694,370 times
Quote:
She will be almost 70 in 2016. Will the liberals who had a problem with McCain being too old say the same for Hillary?
Sure.

She's too old.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:30 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,228,503 times
Quote:
No. Because age is relative to the person. Any sports fan would know that.

Tim Duncan is 38. Is he too old to carry a franchise in the NBA. Hell no. He is great just the way he is.

Kevin Garnett is 38. Is he too old to carry a franchise? YES!! Even he would tell you that.

Steve Nash was beginning the best period of his best seasons at roughly the same age that Mike Bibby was washed up and soon out of the league.

Age is relative. Until Hillary has senior moments like McCain, probably won't be an issue.

Old 04-13-2015, 05:38 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,353,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
I want to watch for shots of Madam Secretary stiffly disembarking from her tour bus, or slowly getting up from a chair, all the while gathering her balance. Will we see scenes of her marching, err hobbling in some 4th of July Parade? Doubtful. Perhaps we'll she her rapping, if the drool does not interfere with the lyrics.

None of this for a couple of reasons. Her 'campaigning' will be limited in venues - sold as being more personal, but designed to limit her exposure to the awkwardness of age. The more intimate campaign will also provide more shallow imagery opportunities, to show her empathy for the little people - but more importantly to limit her exposure to any prying press.

We will she a lot of 'ol Hil, but we will not see much of her.
I agree; I expect that this will be the most staged, most choreographed, and most walled off campaign we've ever seen. First there is Hillary's 'relatability' problem, not according to me, but according to numerous liberal sources. Then there is the need to protect her from questions about baggage from the past. Everything from whitewater, to travelgate, to Benghazi and email-gate and stories about her potty-mouth will need to be held at bay.

The campaign is going to have a real conundrum with this given the need to make an emotional appeal for 'first woman president.'

Old 04-13-2015, 08:02 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,639,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I agree; I expect that this will be the most staged, most choreographed, and most walled off campaign we've ever seen. First there is Hillary's 'relatability' problem, not according to me, but according to numerous liberal sources. Then there is the need to protect her from questions about baggage from the past. Everything from whitewater, to travelgate, to Benghazi and email-gate and stories about her potty-mouth will need to be held at bay.

The campaign is going to have a real conundrum with this given the need to make an emotional appeal for 'first woman president.'

I just hope her campaign doesn't have her do a shot at some townie tavern in the middle of Main Street USA like in 2008.

I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of Chelsea and the grandbaby in the months to come.

The Democrats lost the best woman candidate they would have had who already had a record of working well with Republicans when that tragedy happened in Tuscon in 2011. Astronaut husband, very relatable, what a waste.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:04 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,819,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post

An older Democrat is simply wise, seasoned, well-rounded, and refined.
haha that's exactly what I think of when I see nancy Pelosi.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:22 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,897,524 times
Quote:
I was 1 of those people who was worried about McCain being too old in 2008 AND him picking Palin as his VP. I voted for Obama for those reasons and I'm a Repub.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
An old Republican is more likely to have a great deal in common with the Klan than not.

An older Democrat is simply wise, seasoned, well-rounded, and refined.
Uh; the Dems were the KKK's party till about 50 years ago like Robert Byrd. lol

Old 04-13-2015, 08:25 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,766,301 times
Quote:
As long as she doesn't pick a crazy person for VP like McCain did... I've got no problem with her age.

Old 04-13-2015, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
You said: "WERE" in the past but Republicans represent today's KKK !
Do you agree with that ?
Proof please. Too; who even cares about the KKK in 2015? They ain't out there killing off young Black dudes by the 1,000's each year, it's mostly other young Black dudes doing just that now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections