Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 08:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
So shouldn't the illegals be voting for Republicans if Reagan gave them amnesty?

Are you sure? Texas is a VERY conservative state. Dewhurst likely just didn't translate to TEA Party members and conservative Republicans end of story. All you are doing is adding spin. Put Cruz the ballot in states that aren't conservative and we'll likely see him tank.

Then explain the primaries.... The run-off?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
As I recall, Romney won one round and lost two. He really ran out of gas in the foreign policy debate.

He didn't have Ron Paul to bail him out, like what happened with him and Rick Perry, during the GOP debates. `Ol Ron had to finish there sentences for them.(because they were trying to steal Rons popular policies, but couldn't remember them)

Old 04-28-2015, 10:13 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,934,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Then explain the primaries.... The run-off?
Um I thought I did...

Old 04-28-2015, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Um I thought I did...

Like I said, the independents split in the primaries, pulled to throw the big money progressive to the curb.
Ted will do the same in a Presidential election.

Old 04-28-2015, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Like I said, the independents split in the primaries, pulled to throw the big money progressive to the curb.
Ted will do the same in a Presidential election.
To quote Gran Marf Tarkin in Star Wars: A New Hope.
https://youtu.be/HRY0cs26Zvo?t=15s

Old 04-29-2015, 05:23 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Quote:
Look... They(FOX News) have him dead last, when we all know way better than that.
He was leading their on-line poll with Rand a very close second. Those 2 had 80% of the entire vote. Rubio was way behind and Bush right on Rubio's tail and Huckabee getting 1%.

Now they are Projecting Rubio, with false poll numbers.... again.

They did this with Ron Paul, too.
Lie to pursuade the public.

When Romney didn't win, I certainly hope people were smart enough to figure out the media had been lying to them the entire time about projecting Romney as the front runner.
I still say it's wrong for Fox News not to state the criteria for debate participation, right now, not closer to the August debate date. They should also state that they won't use their own poll data.

I was not planning to vote for Ron Paul when he ran but how they treated him in 2008 was awful.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:02 AM

Quote:
To quote Gran Marf Tarkin in Star Wars: A New Hope.
https://youtu.be/HRY0cs26Zvo?t=15s

Quote:

I'm surprised BentBow has said he'll get the independent conservatives. The fact is, he isn't electable. The only conservative that the country voted into office was Reagan and that was on the back of the Christian right being against the sexuality and drug use of the 60's and 70's as well as the economic malaise that continued from the Nixon-Ford years into the Carter years. I don't see the economy being that bad enough to elect a Cruz or even the NEW Rand Paul.

Seems you are not so surprised after all. It looks to be, what you fear.

Old 04-29-2015, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Seems you are not so surprised after all. It looks to be, what you fear.
And you didn't get the point on either. The post you pasted in was me saying how you keep saying they are there but yet you don't have proof for your claim in response to another post about electability. The point is that Texas is not nation. There might be independent conservatives in Texas, Arizona, the south, etc. he can win but those are red states and should stay red. It's the swing states he needs to win and I don't see him winning enough independent voters as well as republican because not all are conservatives who will gladly vote conservative. If you can't understand that, I have nothing more to say to you because it is beating my head against the wall.

Old 04-29-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
And you didn't get the point on either. The post you pasted in was me saying how you keep saying they are there but yet you don't have proof for your claim in response to another post about electability. The point is that Texas is not nation. There might be independent conservatives in Texas, Arizona, the south, etc. he can win but those are red states and should stay red. It's the swing states he needs to win and I don't see him winning enough independent voters as well as republican because not all are conservatives who will gladly vote conservative. If you can't understand that, I have nothing more to say to you because it is beating my head against the wall.

A Starwars youtube didn't say that. It looked to me as if you had nothing to rebut with.

You then understand how he came out of nowhere and pulled the independents... with the facts, and the truth(not some pipedream of hope & change). To beat the big money progressives(2)

Old 04-29-2015, 01:25 PM

Quote:
A Starwars youtube didn't say that. It looked to me as if you had nothing to rebut with.

You then understand how he came out of nowhere and pulled the independents... with the facts, and the truth(not some pipedream of hope & change). To beat the big money progressives(2)
Yeah because of the Tea Party which do call themselves Republicans. 54% are republican with, 60% generally vote republican and, 41% are independent according to findings in a CBS poll from 2010. As I said, you're over-estimating the independent part because should that number hold weight, you have 6% who generally vote republican of the 41% (and who's to say they didn't vote Republican more) and 54 who seemingly are "home-team Republicans."

The quote, that was more on your idea that Cruz can win because the majority of the so-called independent conservatives are in red states, and not enough elsewhere in battleground states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections