Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 02:11 PM

68,349 posts, read 54,484,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
That seems to be from the last presidential campaign so guess it wasn't a big deal when he was actually trying to run against Obama. Trying to make something out of nothing, typical!
I agree, taking Santorum as a serious contender is doing just that.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:15 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,580,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
But the Tea Baggers aren't racists. Buh bye Santorum. I'm waitng for Cruz's foot in mouth moment. All it takes is time and an open mic and these loons show themselves for who they really are.

They can run but they can't hide.....

Old 04-14-2015, 02:19 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,580,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
To me it looked like he was reading off a teleprompter, so I doubt it was the word n igger which is being implied. Obama himself lives on a teleprompter, and occasionally butchers words or phrases off it.

I know little to nothing about Santorum, but he is not some racist nut who would intentionally put that into his speech, or have writers who would either. Frankly I have no idea what he was going to say, but again, it is highly unlikely he would use a racially charged word like the video speculates that he would.

`

Evidently he knew what he was going to say, and caught himself. Not many words would fit into that position in his speech either. Methinks if it walks like a Duck,.......you know.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:34 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,517,356 times
2012 or not methinks this tiger's stripes haven't changed.

Old 04-14-2015, 02:35 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,239,346 times
I believe the word was going to be "negotiator."

Old 04-14-2015, 02:38 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,618,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
To me it looked like he was reading off a teleprompter, so I doubt it was the word n igger which is being implied. Obama himself lives on a teleprompter, and occasionally butchers words or phrases off it.

I know little to nothing about Santorum, but he is not some racist nut who would intentionally put that into his speech, or have writers who would either. Frankly I have no idea what he was going to say, but again, it is highly unlikely he would use a racially charged word like the video speculates that he would.

`
Thank heaven there's ONE POSTER IN HERE that has a brain...
If the ones with the heart and courage get together, you can make a movie!
... And your silly little dog, too!

All we owe - we owe, her... (the chant the guards give at the castle, if you didn't catch that...)

Old 04-14-2015, 03:46 PM

16,647 posts, read 8,660,601 times
Quote:
Actually Santorum is known for not using a prompter so methinks he said exactly what was on his mind.
I heard it was Ted Cruz who is known for not using a teleprompter.
As I said before, I know little to nothing about Santorum, but it looked like he was using one to me.
Additionally, I suspect you are predisposed to be looking for such things considering your usage of the vulgar term like "teabaggers". Many a leftist feel everyone not on their side must be racist, homophobic, etc., so it fits into your preconceived narrative. I know several people who call themselves supporters of the tea party, and they are not racist to the best of my knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Evidently he knew what he was going to say, and caught himself. Not many words would fit into that position in his speech either. Methinks if it walks like a Duck,.......you know.
Maybe, but neither of us know what is in the mans heart. You would have to be politically tone deaf to use such a word as a politician. The implication he almost slipped assumes he must freely use that word fairly often in private, and it almost came out during a speech while running for president. I'd say that is highly unlikely.
Heck if Obama slipped up and a word that almost sounded like h onky came out, I'd assume that was not what he was about to say.
That's just me.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:02 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,588,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
The Democrats have an uninspiring candidate with Hillary and they know it, so what to do? All the lefty oppo shops are out there screening every word uttered or written by any GOP candidate. They'll splash everything all over HuffPo and the MSM, regardless of when said and try to get all the Democrats little nitwits to post it here and social media.
Uninspiring? Then why are the cons already attacking her?

Old 04-14-2015, 04:11 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,340,403 times
Quote:
But the Tea Baggers aren't racists. Buh bye Santorum. I'm waitng for Cruz's foot in mouth moment. All it takes is time and an open mic and these loons show themselves for who they really are.
Sorry to disappoint you, but Rick Santorum has nothing to do with the 'Tea Party,' and by calling them "Tea Baggers" you are no better.

Frankly, though, I doubt the authenticity of this video. It is to easy these days to edit such a video, much like what can be done with Photoshop, to pictures. Santorum would never say that. It is totally out of character.

Old 04-14-2015, 04:12 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,340,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
As with many Cons, let them talk long enough and they will eventually stick their foot in their big mouth and show the world who they truly are. Cons are their own worst enemy and sadly are too stupid to actually know it, even when it is pointed out to them.
So, you believe this is authentic?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections