Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2015, 10:13 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,768,718 times

Advertisements

All it takes to create a scandal is for Teabillies to get caught saying what they actually think.

Old 04-14-2015, 10:37 PM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
The Tea Party were the first to call themselves Tea Baggers so logic fail there and I have no "preconceived narrative" where they're concerned; they open their mouths and confirm what people think of them.
Really?
Provide a link because I never heard anyone claim that term was started by people considering themselves part of the tea party until just now.
You likely know as well as I do what teabagger or being teabagged means. It is a rude/vulgar comment, so no one is going to call themselves that, especially mature conservative people. No it was a derogatory term from the left trying to deride them with an unflattering name.

BTW - Lest you assume I a part of the tea party movement, you would be wrong. However I've seen and talked to people who say they are, and nary a racist or nut job among them. Most are women that I know, all working, and want the government to act fiscally responsible since they work hard for their money. So just because they me be against government waste and giving people "free money" for doing nothing, it does not make them racists. Remember a lot of people getting welfare are white.

`

Old 04-14-2015, 11:42 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Really?
Provide a link because I never heard anyone claim that term was started by people considering themselves part of the tea party until just now.
You likely know as well as I do what teabagger or being teabagged means. It is a rude/vulgar comment, so no one is going to call themselves that, especially mature conservative people. No it was a derogatory term from the left trying to deride them with an unflattering name.

BTW - Lest you assume I a part of the tea party movement, you would be wrong. However I've seen and talked to people who say they are, and nary a racist or nut job among them. Most are women that I know, all working, and want the government to act fiscally responsible since they work hard for their money. So just because they me be against government waste and giving people "free money" for doing nothing, it does not make them racists. Remember a lot of people getting welfare are white.

`
Go back a few pages to see the half a dozen links I provided.

Old 04-15-2015, 05:47 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,353,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I believe the word was going to be "negotiator."
You can't get Neg out of Nig; they don't even sound the same. Thing is he is not a person whom I would ever think would get the vote anyway, but it is interesting to know who the racists are. I don't consider a lot of republicans as being serious contenders. I see Jeb Bush as one and maybe Rand Paul, but I don't think Paul will win. Most of those who are running are just nut cases and don't stand a chance; if they do, then our country is in more serious trouble than I thought. (And this doesn't mean that I don't consider Jeb Bush or Rand Paul a nut case. The jury is still out for me.) Hillary, on the other hand, is high in the polls. Would must rather see Elizabeth Warren or Barney Frank running though.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 04-15-2015 at 05:59 AM..

Old 04-15-2015, 07:31 AM

8,653 posts, read 6,133,169 times
Santorum is a peace of trash. Luckily for all of us, he will never set foot in the White House an an American leader... Never...

Old 04-15-2015, 07:36 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Actually Santorum is known for not using a prompter so methinks he said exactly what was on his mind.
YOU MESSED UP THAT DEFLECTION!

Old 04-15-2015, 07:41 AM

546 posts, read 408,812 times
I can't stand Santorum, but I can easily see that in the context of a speech about NEGOTIATIONS with Russia, he was probably going to say NEGOTIATE or some form thereof. You have to at least consider that seriously, unless you're so blinded by hate and Republican-phobia that you have no sense of reason left.... which would explain a lot of the posters having a giggle fit over this.

Now I need to leave this thread alone. Defending Santorum makes me feel like I need a shower.

Old 04-15-2015, 11:25 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
YOU MESSED UP THAT DEFLECTION!
And you don't know the meaning of the word "Deflection" so you fail.

Old 04-15-2015, 12:16 PM

185 posts, read 253,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMama View Post
I can't stand Santorum, but I can easily see that in the context of a speech about NEGOTIATIONS with Russia, he was probably going to say NEGOTIATE or some form thereof. You have to at least consider that seriously, unless you're so blinded by hate and Republican-phobia that you have no sense of reason left.... which would explain a lot of the posters having a giggle fit over this.

Now I need to leave this thread alone. Defending Santorum makes me feel like I need a shower.

Let's try it this way;

I can't stand Santorum, but I can easily say that in the context of a speech about negotiations with Russia, Rick Santorum starts to give a description of the president and he says "We know, we know the candidate Barack Obama, what he was like- the anti-war, government n*".

We know the definition of the phrase is "A person or politician who is anti-war, pro big government and pro-entitlement". If he would have just continued the description and added "pro big-government and pro-entitlement" no one would think anything of it. But he misspoke. You should at least consider that seriously, unless you are so blinded by denial that you won't believe your eyes and ears.

Old 04-15-2015, 03:24 PM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
You can't get Neg out of Nig; they don't even sound the same. Thing is he is not a person whom I would ever think would get the vote anyway, but it is interesting to know who the racists are. I don't consider a lot of republicans as being serious contenders. I see Jeb Bush as one and maybe Rand Paul, but I don't think Paul will win. Most of those who are running are just nut cases and don't stand a chance; if they do, then our country is in more serious trouble than I thought. (And this doesn't mean that I don't consider Jeb Bush or Rand Paul a nut case. The jury is still out for me.) Hillary, on the other hand, is high in the polls. Would must rather see Elizabeth Warren or Barney Frank running though.
WT?

You must be one of the only people so liberal/leftist to even suggest Frank for president.
The guy or gal depending on what he considers himself, is a lying sack of you know what, and helped create the financial disaster we faced when the housing bubble burst.
So if you are a Warren/Frank supporter, you'd probably vote for Sanders or maybe even Raul Castro before you would vote for an (R).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections