Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 06:10 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,354,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Yuck. Cruz is slimy. He looks like a used car salesman.

I think Paul and Rubio are going to have a hard time hanging in there when the pressure starts to mount. Paul will lose his temper. Rubio will get nervous.
This is what we will be up against in 2016: people whose idea of political commentary is the word 'yuck' and judge a candidate on what they think he/she 'looks like.'

It may well come down to which candidate has the best advertising/marketing gurus. That is the real battlefield now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2015, 06:18 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,883,872 times
Default Clinton Lovers!

Most people do not trust Clinton being Honest and up front to the American People. Even Bernis Sanders (I) has deep reservation with Clinton.

As we get into this circus all Paul, Rubio and Cruz will have to do to point here less than Presidential behavior and the zingers from White Water to the most current the E-Mils and her foreign donors.

Clinton has been linked with too many dishonest legal situations.

I can hardly wait for the First Debate!

PS, What is Clintons Policies going forward??

Old 04-16-2015, 06:32 PM

752 posts, read 566,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
"Clinton vs. Bush... redux."
Sadly, I think you're right. Conservatives won't be happy, but as Mitt Romney -- the most transparent flip-flopper in recent memory -- demonstrated, it doesn't much matter. The Republican establishment always wins.

Old 04-16-2015, 08:34 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 19 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,533,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
I like Cruz too.

But you do know he is only five months older than Rubio, whom you think is too young.

Just sayin'

CN.......
WOW. They look years apart in age.

Old 04-18-2015, 05:47 PM

29,214 posts, read 22,351,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
This is what we will be up against in 2016: people whose idea of political commentary is the word 'yuck' and judge a candidate on what they think he/she 'looks like.'

It may well come down to which candidate has the best advertising/marketing gurus. That is the real battlefield now.
Yup. And don't expect the marketing to be anything like it was in the past 2 elections. There is more data on how we vote now and why we vote than ever before, and all the advertising will be much more subliminal in 2016. It will be very tightly crafted to appeal the most to whichever segments of the voting population are proving to be the most critical.

As the demographics shift during the campaign, so will the advertising. The days of 'One size fits all" ads are gone for good. Expect to see a lot more stuff directed to you as an internet user than ever before, as the net will be the ad battleground next year, not the television.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:08 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,766,671 times
Ya'll Republicans are hilarious- you really think any of these guys (Cruz, Carson, Rubio, Paul) are gonna get the nomination?

Please...

It's gonna be Bush vs. Clinton. And you're gonna lose. Again.

Are ya'll really falling for this dog & pony show? As if any of these clown-car candidates has a chance?

Old 04-19-2015, 12:44 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Republicans will lose for sure with Cruz over Hillary. Cruz will mainly score with those who are mainly pro God, pro Gun and anti-Gay on the issues. Hillary with everybody else, the majority.
I am not a Cruz supporter, I do not think he will get the nomination. In fact I don't think he will go far at all, but remember, on one of your issues: pro gun the majority of people are pro gun as you put it.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:50 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
He does not look like a president at all.

Though Hillary is not ideal, she will probably win.
and what does a President look like? Hillary doesn't look like one either. So far all our presidents have been males and she is a female. Does that make her look like a President? I didn't see much resemblance between Nxon and Obama.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:51 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,932,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Ya'll Republicans are hilarious- you really think any of these guys (Cruz, Carson, Rubio, Paul) are gonna get the nomination?

Please...

It's gonna be Bush vs. Clinton. And you're gonna lose. Again.

Are ya'll really falling for this dog & pony show? As if any of these clown-car candidates has a chance?
It keeps the nut jobs on the far right busy with their speculation and wishful thinking, the GOP leadership uses such situations to keep their more noisy sheeple occupied while they themselves determine who the real candidate will be, Jeb or Christie are probably the two best bets.

Old 04-19-2015, 12:57 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,621,789 times
Ted Cruz was not born inside the USA border--not qualified to even run.
Hillary stood in front of the caskets of honorable men who gave their lives for this country and dishonored them by saying their death was caused by a film the people who killed them had never seen.

If those are the two choices, I will do a write-in vote.

Last edited by NCN; 04-19-2015 at 01:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections