Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 09:36 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,374,843 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Thanks for prove the perfect example of what I pointed out. Repeat the same old same and expect different results, maybe one of these days you will learn, or maybe you won't.
That's some great advice. Don't fight back. Let your opponent say anything they want about you. Don't ever ever be mean. Just hew to the liberal agenda and shut up. That's some kind of brilliant advice for a political campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 09:42 AM

2,002 posts, read 1,174,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The presidency is NOT there for Republicans to take. I don't know where in the world you get this idea. It is absolutely absurd. Republicans don't have a chance in hell because they didn't improve their ideology to join us in modern times after the Bush disaster.
Statistically it is there for the taking. It has only happened twice that a Dem held the presidency for three consecutive terms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The Clintons are not hated. Absolutely ludicrous. They are FEARED by the Right. Bill Clinton is so "hated" that one speech by him at the DNC can absolutely obliterate the Republican candidate. He proved that against Romney in the last election. He remains a beloved and immensely popular ex-President, one who had two terms more successful and beneficial for this country than that of any Conservative in recent memory, if not, ever. Hillary is so "hated" that Republicans were already campaigning against her just when it was RUMORED that she might run. She's so "hated" that she has the support of every group but racist whites.
The Clintons are hated and feared by the right. Bill is far more popular than Hillary. I cant speak for your circle, but as a Black person, college educated, none of my friends are enthusiastically supporting Hillary. She is not likable. She is just the lesser of two evils. She is going to have problems with the Obama coalition. Hillary is going to have some fences to mend with the Black electorate, because some are still pissed when Bill tried to shade Obama in the 2008 primaries.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
But again, you cant win the election without us.
Yeah, but the GOP can win without you, because you've already made up your mind to vote for Hillary. Taking your advice and all the other libs nodding in agreement here guarantees a loss for the GOP. Which is really what you folks want.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:51 AM

37,846 posts, read 41,209,489 times
I concur with the posters who say it's too early. Nobody is paying attention yet. If you show your hand now it will get little media attention, the voters won't care and the gazillion other candidates will pick apart what they don't steal.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:56 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,326,089 times
Quote:
The Clintons are hated and feared by the right. Bill is far more popular than Hillary.
I already see the writing on the wall for Hillary..

her negatives are huge, people hate her in huge numbers, even Democrats..

It'll be Bill who comes in and reminding everyone that he "balanced" the budget, cut spending, increased income, while the economy boomed, thereby saving Hillary from an embarrassing loss of historic levels.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:04 AM

2,002 posts, read 1,174,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Yeah, but the GOP can win without you, because you've already made up your mind to vote for Hillary. Taking your advice and all the other libs nodding in agreement here guarantees a loss for the GOP. Which is really what you folks want.
And this is why you all dont win the presidency. Anyone who doesnt enthusiastically support a republican is considered a "lib". If you check my prior posts, you will see that I am not a liberal. I havent made up my mind, and there are a lot of folks like me. But, clearly you are a right wing extremist, or you wouldnt have responded in that manner. Just because some of the more liberal posters agreed with what I said doesnt make it wrong. I rate posts positively all the time, even if I dont agree with them.

If you make a salient, well thought out post, I couldnt care less if you are dem , indie, or repub, a good post is a good post and I will rate you as such.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:46 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,791,436 times
People always talk about how the Republicans need to play nice and deliver a positive message. What they don't seem to understand is that hateful, corrupt, hypocritical, nasty behavior IS their message.

They're the party of stupid as evidenced by their science-denial on climate change, the ozone layer, vehicle emissions, acid rain, fracking- hell even evolution. They've shown over and over that they choose corporate interests and ideology over science, truth, and peoples' well being.

They're the party of hate as evidenced by their consistently racist dog-whistles, deliberate suppression of minority votes, their assault on the Voting Rights Act, some of their candidates' (Rand Paul in particular) stance favoring LEGALIZED RACIAL DISCRIMINATION, their stated desire to repeal the 17th Amendment, their assault on equal rights for gays, their assault on women's rights, and their open contempt for immigrants. Basically if your not a straight white male christian, the GOP hates you and/or wants to control you.

And they're the party of UPWARD wealth redistribution. They HATE poor and working class people... have done everything they can to take money out of their pockets and transfer it to billionaires. Republicans have decimated unions and public education. They oppose any and all workers' rights including labor rules, minimum wage, health and safety protections, FMLA, protections from harassment and discrimination. They defend corporations as people so that billionaires can continue to BUY our politicians. And in our recently convened congress, their TOP priority has been to pass further tax cuts for billionaires purchasing elections.

So the problem isn't HOW their message is delivered. The problem IS their message.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:52 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,005,209 times
Quote:
That's some great advice. Don't fight back. Let your opponent say anything they want about you. Don't ever ever be mean. Just hew to the liberal agenda and shut up. That's some kind of brilliant advice for a political campaign.
Cons sure are slow to learn, not news. No one is saying you cannot point out he differences between your candidate and those of the other guy. FYI you guys have been attacking her for 20 Years now, I believe everyone has heard what you have to say on the matter many times over. What we do not hear is what you have as new ideas, pssst tax cuts for the rich is not a new idea or a viable one, so what are your ideas and how are they going to help the Nation and how are you planning on getting them implemented? Stick to what the candidates have said they will do, no pie in the sky right-wing wish lists, only what they say they Will do. I have the great ideas and yet to hear much on that front and I have not seen much in the way of real action from the Republican controlled Congress, they ever planning on doing something besides run for office and whine?

Old 04-20-2015, 12:53 PM

Quote:
right wing extremist
Right wing extremist...you are precious.

Someone disagrees with you and the labels come out.

Old 04-20-2015, 12:54 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,005,209 times
Quote:
You sure do ASSUME a lot, too bad so many of your ASSUMPTIONS are wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections