Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 12:56 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,002,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Right wing extremist...you are precious.

Someone disagrees with you and the labels come out.
You mean like YOU do on a daily basis, ROTFLMAO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2015, 01:03 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,372,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You mean like YOU do on a daily basis, ROTFLMAO!
You're offended by the words liberal and progressive?

Old 04-20-2015, 01:46 PM

38,926 posts, read 24,043,702 times
I don't think it is for the Republican taking unless 2015/6 turn into 2007/8. If not, the Republicans have to put a moderate message out there to even have a shot of winning. If not Hillary, I could be any Democrat just as any Republican would have last to Obama in 2008 due to how no one liked Bush.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:52 PM

38,926 posts, read 24,043,702 times
Quote:
No just by how conservatives use progressive liberally and claim that anyone not conservative is one and how that it is Marxist.

Old 04-20-2015, 01:53 PM

63,481 posts, read 29,503,207 times
Just what behavior is the GOP supposed to stop?

Old 04-20-2015, 02:41 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,305,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
The Presidency is there for the Republicans to take. I dont understand, why they are not following the advice which followed from the last election..

Actually, in 2012, one of the main contributors to the GOP defeat was that Mr. Romney really didn't take the gloves off and fight.

He was accused of evading his taxes, killing that steelworker's wife at Bain, engaging in bullying against a classmate that was assumed to be gay in prep school, and all kinds of other things.

He barely uttered a syllable in his own defense.

In 2016, the Republicans seem like they are ready to fight fire with fire.

Do not be surprised if there is a lot of ugliness that comes out this year.

BTW, the Democrats are the heavy odds one favorites to win, especially with the food stamp and medicaid rolls at record levels. Many people vote their pocketbooks, and if you depend on government programs, your vote is already decided. Unless the GOP switches gears and decides to promote increased welfare participation, I wouldn't bet on them, the odds are too long.

Sullying the name of the probable eventual winner will make them less able to implement programs the Republicans oppose in 2017, and force them onto the defensive during their term.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:51 PM

2,002 posts, read 1,174,247 times
If Republicans could stay off the social stuff, stop opposing everything that helps poor./middle class, stop supporting everything that helps the upper echelon, they could win. They come off as disingenuous big time. We dont have money to give middle class breaks, we cut food stamps, we wont give students a fair interest rate on student loans, even though the banks are getting the money almost zero percent interest, and the list goes on....They cant run on the economy, and they wont win constantly criticizing Hillary. They have to tell us what they are going to do. They have to stop excoriating anyone who wants to work with the other side, its just not productive.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Nope, why would I be I consider myself a very progressive person and lean slightly left of center so hence get labeled by the labelers as a Liberal.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just what behavior is the GOP supposed to stop?
Go back a read the posts, read slower this time, or don't.

Old 04-20-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Actually, in 2012, one of the main contributors to the GOP defeat was that Mr. Romney really didn't take the gloves off and fight.

He was accused of evading his taxes, killing that steelworker's wife at Bain, engaging in bullying against a classmate that was assumed to be gay in prep school, and all kinds of other things.

He barely uttered a syllable in his own defense.

In 2016, the Republicans seem like they are ready to fight fire with fire.

Do not be surprised if there is a lot of ugliness that comes out this year.

BTW, the Democrats are the heavy odds one favorites to win, especially with the food stamp and medicaid rolls at record levels. Many people vote their pocketbooks, and if you depend on government programs, your vote is already decided. Unless the GOP switches gears and decides to promote increased welfare participation, I wouldn't bet on them, the odds are too long.

Sullying the name of the probable eventual winner will make them less able to implement programs the Republicans oppose in 2017, and force them onto the defensive during their term.
Funny thing is I believe Romney could give Hillary a run for her money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections