Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 07:28 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,802,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
The Presidency is there for the Republicans to take. I dont understand, why they are not following the advice which followed from the last election. They commissioned the study, and are not following the feedback given to them. I watch, and read a ton of political news/shows/articles. The republicans need to stop railing against Hillary and start talking about what they are going to do for the country. Hillary is not well liked by a lot of indies, also a lot of dems dont like her. They would be easy pickings for a sensible republican, if they would just get over Hillary. Why waste your energy on her at this point? I am not saying none of them have talked about what they will do, however, they spend far too much energy and time on Hillary. Its like they are obsessing over her as they do Obama. I know the Clintons are very much disliked and elicit a lot of ill feelings but good grief, just get over them. Hillary is doing a damn fine job of shooting herself in the foot.
Some of us indies would like to hear what the Republicans will do.

Independents elected Rand Paul, over the GOP progressive establishment guy and all their money.
Independents elected Ted Cruz, over the GOP progressive establishment guy and all their money.

Pretty sure those 2 guys can pull the independents, with the truth.
Rubio, not so much. He has already lost them with immigration and common core.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 05:46 AM

7 posts, read 3,970 times
Republic day is the big festival for any country which is celebrated with great show and pomp all over the world every year. But for getting the independence, we have to face several difficulties. To avoid this kind of hindrance, there is the provision of election for choosing good and deserving candidates. For this there is the good management of successful Election campaign.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:13 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,151,823 times
Quote:
The Presidency is there for the Republicans to take. I dont understand, why they are not following the advice which followed from the last election. They commissioned the study, and are not following the feedback given to them. I watch, and read a ton of political news/shows/articles. The republicans need to stop railing against Hillary and start talking about what they are going to do for the country. Hillary is not well liked by a lot of indies, also a lot of dems dont like her. They would be easy pickings for a sensible republican, if they would just get over Hillary. Why waste your energy on her at this point? I am not saying none of them have talked about what they will do, however, they spend far too much energy and time on Hillary. Its like they are obsessing over her as they do Obama. I know the Clintons are very much disliked and elicit a lot of ill feelings but good grief, just get over them. Hillary is doing a damn fine job of shooting herself in the foot.
I am not sure you really are paying much attention. Or you are seeing only what you choose to see. Of course they will take on Hillary, that is to be expected but those who have announced are coming out saying how they feel on issues daily. All 3 have stated how they feel about the major fiscal and social issues being discussed.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:32 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,173,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am not sure you really are paying much attention. Or you are seeing only what you choose to see. Of course they will take on Hillary, that is to be expected but those who have announced are coming out saying how they feel on issues daily. All 3 have stated how they feel about the major fiscal and social issues being discussed.
I am paying a great deal of attention. I am very well read, and versed on the candidates. If the Republicans want to run a far right candidate, they will lose the election plain and simple. There are indies like me, are straight down the middle, liberal on some stuff, and conservative on other. We would vote for a Republican provided they are not extreme. Not too mention, there are a ton of Dems that may sit out, because they dont like Hillary. If the Republicans spend all of their time bashing Hillary, instead of having a platform of what they will do, they will lose. Heck, Hillary doesnt need them to bash her, she is doing a fine job making a mess all by herself! If I am Republican candidate, I would not waste one breath on her unless I made it to the General election, then I would tear her up.

Old 04-27-2015, 04:34 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,802,127 times
I would like to see Rubio and Ted Cruz Debate on the issues of 1. Illegal alien immigration. 2. Common Core 3. His lack of a principled stance on Obamacare, the entire thing the 2010 tea party wave heard him preach against to put him in the Senate seat.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:23 PM

260 posts, read 219,510 times
Quote:
Democrats have won by being as nasty and vile as humanly possible. Obama's 2012 strategy was as negative as any since the days of Clay and Andrew Jackson. Accused Romney of being complicit in killing a mans wife. Focused on freaking side issues like government funded birth control,etc. I agree that Republicans need to talk about issues too. But she is more than fair game. Most people don't have much defference for politicians and don't mind them being criticized.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:35 PM

31,315 posts, read 22,314,413 times
"Why Republicans will lose independents if behavior doesnt stop"

As a Democrat turned Independent, I would hope that there would be an alternative to the two parties this next time around. I doubt a Democrat will get my vote for President after the last 6 years. The more laws they pass the more it cost whats left of the middle class. Pray for gridlock.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:40 PM

63,332 posts, read 29,409,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I would like to see Rubio and Ted Cruz Debate on the issues of 1. Illegal alien immigration. 2. Common Core 3. His lack of a principled stance on Obamacare, the entire thing the 2010 tea party wave heard him preach against to put him in the Senate seat.
Anytime there is a political debate whether it be with lefties or righties or a combination thereof illegal immigration is always glossed over with limited debate on it. Hmm. Here's out it goes...."Mr. "whoever" are you in favor of reform"? "Oh, yes we must reform our immigration laws because they are broken". Translation.....favoring amnesty but it's called reform by the conductor of the debate so it's ok to lie and spin it because the question was about reform and the word amnesty wasn't used.

Old 04-27-2015, 05:43 PM

63,332 posts, read 29,409,763 times
Quote:
I am paying a great deal of attention. I am very well read, and versed on the candidates. If the Republicans want to run a far right candidate, they will lose the election plain and simple. There are indies like me, are straight down the middle, liberal on some stuff, and conservative on other. We would vote for a Republican provided they are not extreme. Not too mention, there are a ton of Dems that may sit out, because they dont like Hillary. If the Republicans spend all of their time bashing Hillary, instead of having a platform of what they will do, they will lose. Heck, Hillary doesnt need them to bash her, she is doing a fine job making a mess all by herself! If I am Republican candidate, I would not waste one breath on her unless I made it to the General election, then I would tear her up.
What do you consider "far right"? I think that Hillary is far left.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:08 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,173,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What do you consider "far right"? I think that Hillary is far left.
Hillary is not far left. Wall Street loves her and she is a hawk with regards to foreign policy. If you think she is far left than you must be far right. Now sanders and Elizabeth warren, they are far left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections