Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 03:14 PM

546 posts, read 411,768 times

Advertisements

When the DNC puts together an ad showing old quotes from prominent Republicans about Obama's lack of qualifications for the Presidency in 2008 in a split screen with Rubio's bio, remember you heard me predict it coming.

If he gets the nomination, the GOP better be prepared how to explain he's qualified for the office. VP pick would be crucial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2015, 12:54 AM

37,846 posts, read 41,209,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMama View Post
When the DNC puts together an ad showing old quotes from prominent Republicans about Obama's lack of qualifications for the Presidency in 2008 in a split screen with Rubio's bio, remember you heard me predict it coming.

If he gets the nomination, the GOP better be prepared how to explain he's qualified for the office. VP pick would be crucial.
Agree and I'm a GOP voter. He needs to go back to Florida and run something. John Kasich went to Capitol Hill, was the head of the House Budget Committee and did this:

"In 1995, when Kasich assumed the position of Budget Chairman, the U.S. Federal Budget had a deficit of roughly -$163 billion, and upon the conclusion of his tenure as Budget Chairman, the U.S. Federal Budget had a surplus of over $236 billion."

That's what I call an accomplishment. He is now in his second term as governor of a big state so he has executive and Capitol Hill experience.

Marco Rubio needs experience running something. I could not vote for him. He's too green.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:08 AM

11,985 posts, read 5,337,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Agree and I'm a GOP voter. He needs to go back to Florida and run something. John Kasich went to Capitol Hill, was the head of the House Budget Committee and did this:

"In 1995, when Kasich assumed the position of Budget Chairman, the U.S. Federal Budget had a deficit of roughly -$163 billion, and upon the conclusion of his tenure as Budget Chairman, the U.S. Federal Budget had a surplus of over $236 billion."

That's what I call an accomplishment. He is now in his second term as governor of a big state so he has executive and Capitol Hill experience.

Marco Rubio needs experience running something. I could not vote for him. He's too green.
I said in another thread that I thought some combination of Bush/Rubio and Kasich would be the most formidable ticket the GOP could muster. It would maximize the chances of carrying Florida and Ohio, without both of which you can't win, plus one of the Florida twins would help in at least improving on Mitt's ridiculously bad performance with Hispanics. A ticket like that might not necessarily win, but it would probably do a lot better than many of the alternatives.

I know that many on the Right will hammer Kasich over his expansion of Medicaid, but in a general election that could be spun as a positive ; that he is a pragmatist rather than an ideologue who was making the best decision for the welfare of his state.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 04-27-2015 at 08:33 AM..

Old 04-27-2015, 04:41 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,844,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I don't disagree with this. Listening to Rubio talk it's obvious he isn't crazy, and that's a big plus in a GOP field filled with crazies. I do think if he gets any traction he may be a credible candidate. But he has to get past the far right, who are not prepared to forgive him for daring to attempt an immigration reform policy. That may be what keeps him from being a contender.

Correct.

And he is the same as his mentor, Jeb Bush on big Government Common Core. Not to mention his lack of conviction to get Obamacare eliminated(the very thing 2010 was all about that got him elected to the senate)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections