Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2015, 02:18 PM

39,185 posts, read 51,552,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
LOL, Ponderosa, stifle the vote is fruitless. They vote for POTUS in big numbers long before Obama. Hillary won the Latino primary vote vs Obama.
I wasn't talking about Republican efforts to make voting more difficult. The problem, as I see it, is that Democrats and Indies simply are not as passionate about their politics as Republicans and conservatives are. That is why there are hundreds of right wing radio stations, only a relative handful of liberal ones, and none that have moderate political discussions all day long. Centrists and minorities may turn out for an Obama, but it remains a big question whether they will for a Hillary Clinton. Bush is going to find some traction in the Latino community if he sticks to his principles and even a big turnout might not stop him.

And it is like I said earlier (or elswhere). When it comes right down to it Bush has a better chance of getting a comprehensive immigration bill through Congress than Clinton does. With Clinton it is going to be more EOs because Republicans won't work with her anymore than they will with Obama on the matter. If just having a pro-amnesty president were the requirement, then immigration reform would have been done years ago. It was the same story with the Civil Rights Act. Kennedy would never have gotten it. It took a Dixiecrat Texan to get it done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2015, 02:40 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westboundrambler View Post
He's not even the best republican choice. Out of all the people running (alternative parties included) I wouldn't even put him in the top 10. Rand is the most reasonable republican running, I ALWAYS vote for an alternative party candidate, but this year (if he makes it through the primaries) Bernie Sanders has my vote. He's the first reasonable candidate from the 2 major parties in my lifetime. I'm doubtful he'll actually get the nomination, but he's the best choice for anyone who's middle class or below (which is nearly 75% of the country). So essentially if everyone would actually do some research and realize what's best for them personally Bernie Sanders would win in a landslide, but unfortunately the majority of the American public is incredibly ignorant.
We are ignorant but you aren't? What a nice feeling you have about your fellow citicziens and it is always nice to see someone post that feels they are brighter than the majority of us. That being said, I am sure many people here would totally disagree with you.

Old 05-08-2015, 05:04 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,963,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
We are ignorant but you aren't? What a nice feeling you have about your fellow citicziens and it is always nice to see someone post that feels they are brighter than the majority of us. That being said, I am sure many people here would totally disagree with you.
Do not you know that liberals know how to run our lives better than we do?

Old 05-10-2015, 11:44 AM

38,922 posts, read 24,051,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
That's because too many use their right to X to infringe on another's rights. An example I always use is it is in your right to pollute the air by starting a fire in your backyard but it effects other rights depending on what you use for the fire (say poison ivy, cardboard or other pollutants) and how wild the fire gets. It's not like individual's best interests are those of the collective of individuals in the area...

Old 05-10-2015, 12:36 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I do not need Dems or your guys running my life, how about both stay out of it since neither is qualified to run their own no less mine. That said, I can understand how a sheep might believe his sheepherder is better than the sheepherder next door, but then again, sheep are the dumbest animal in the barnyard.

Old 05-10-2015, 12:40 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,162,823 times
We do not need another Bush; same as we do not need another Clinton; IMO.

Old 05-10-2015, 01:45 PM

7,584 posts, read 5,368,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
We do not need another Bush; same as we do not need another Clinton; IMO.
You won't just get another Bush, you'll get a new one and a used one.

Jeb Bush: I, Too, Would Have Authorized Iraq Invasion

Old 05-10-2015, 03:00 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,432,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
That's because too many use their right to X to infringe on another's rights. An example I always use is it is in your right to pollute the air by starting a fire in your backyard but it effects other rights depending on what you use for the fire (say poison ivy, cardboard or other pollutants) and how wild the fire gets. It's not like individual's best interests are those of the collective of individuals in the area...
Yes we Republicans are all about burning poison ivy in a backyard fire. Happens all the time.

Look at the bright side, at least we are not wafting pot smoke through the neighborhood and getting everyone high as a kite....

Old 05-10-2015, 07:19 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Yes we Republicans are all about burning poison ivy in a backyard fire. Happens all the time.

Look at the bright side, at least we are not wafting pot smoke through the neighborhood and getting everyone high as a kite....
Not more than once it doesn't, if you do when you light the fire go ahead and call 911 you will be going to the hospital right after you breath in the first big breath. Don't believe me, try it and get back to me. City People,

Old 05-10-2015, 07:49 PM

5,864 posts, read 5,003,078 times
I wonder if the OP still thinks that Jeb is "looking better everyday" considering in the past week he has said his brother is a top foreign policy adviser on the Middle East and he would have invaded Iraq. This just proves what I already knew, Jeb Bush is a corporatist, neocon, and an idiot who never needs to be anywhere near the Oval Office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections