Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2015, 09:19 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,695,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
I wonder if the OP still thinks that Jeb is "looking better everyday" considering in the past week he has said his brother is a top foreign policy adviser on the Middle East and he would have invaded Iraq. This just proves what I already knew, Jeb Bush is a corporatist, neocon, and an idiot who never needs to be anywhere near the Oval Office.
Well, I'l admit, he is coming out with some pretty radical positions. There's really no political reason or benefit, to align himself with His Bro, but he did.
I see his point. He stated that based on the information at hand he would have invaded Iraq but he would have stabilized the country, afterwards. I personally don't agree with that assessment, myself ..... but, We'll just have to wait and see how it washes out.
I still think he's a better candidate than anything else the republicans have or will throw out there. I wouldn't count him out at all. Especially since he hasn't officially even declared yet.
I'm pretty sure this thread will rise and fall with the political tides and shifting currents.

I'll either vote for Bush or Hillary at this point. If Bush folds his tent, then it's 100% Hillary.

For the record, here's his exact quote.

“I would have [authorized the invasion], and so would have Hillary Clinton, just to remind everybody. And so would almost everybody that was confronted with the intelligence they got,” Bush told Fox News' Megyn Kelly in an interview scheduled to air Monday.
But he acknowledged that the "intelligence that everybody saw, that the world saw, was faulty," adding that after the invasion, the U.S. ought to have focused on securing and stabilizing Iraq in order to shield its people from sectarian violence.

Make of it what you will.

Last edited by mohawkx; 05-10-2015 at 09:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 07:48 AM

38,933 posts, read 24,017,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Yes we Republicans are all about burning poison ivy in a backyard fire. Happens all the time.

Look at the bright side, at least we are not wafting pot smoke through the neighborhood and getting everyone high as a kite....
You know I didn't say it happens all the time, I was just suggesting that the problem with promoting individual rights or in other cases states rights, you allow infringing on other's rights. It is the old, your rights end, where mine begin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Not more than once it doesn't, if you do when you light the fire go ahead and call 911 you will be going to the hospital right after you breath in the first big breath. Don't believe me, try it and get back to me. City People,
Exactly, poison ivy burns your insides that way. Not pleasant from what I hear.

Old 05-11-2015, 07:50 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,858,072 times
Megyn Kelly is doing a "sit down" interview with Jeb - airing tonight. A controlled "presidential" environment. Has a nice American flag behind him - very "presidential".

She sure didn't treat any of the other Republican candidates this way. It appears Fox News is already setting the stage, before the primaries get started, as to who we are going to vote for in 2016.
Jeb Bush Says He Would Have Authorized Iraq Invasion, "And So Would Have Hillary Clinton" | Video | RealClearPolitics

Old 05-11-2015, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Megyn Kelly is doing a "sit down" interview with Jeb - airing tonight. A controlled "presidential" environment. Has a nice American flag behind him - very "presidential".

She sure didn't treat any of the other Republican candidates this way. It appears Fox News is already setting the stage, before the primaries get started, as to who we are going to vote for in 2016.
Jeb Bush Says He Would Have Authorized Iraq Invasion, "And So Would Have Hillary Clinton" | Video | RealClearPolitics
Well the other candidates came out in normal announcements too. Cruz's problem was Fox also covered the Middle East crisis the day he announced his candidacy. I feel they were pretty fair on him (despite the fact he is unelectable.) The issue for the Republican brand is that Jeb is their only real bullet. Paul and Rubios are wild cards but none of the others are truly locks for the nomination.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Well the other candidates came out in normal announcements too. Cruz's problem was Fox also covered the Middle East crisis the day he announced his candidacy. I feel they were pretty fair on him (despite the fact he is unelectable.) The issue for the Republican brand is that Jeb is their only real bullet. Paul and Rubios are wild cards but none of the others are truly locks for the nomination.
When you conduct an interview, giving off the vibe that THIS candidate is important AND presidential, not treating ALL candidates declaring in the same fashion - there is nothing fair about it.

Fox News set this up deliberately. At least that is the vibe I was getting. Got the same vibe regarding Mitt Romney, which played out to be true - the only electable candidate. For instance, during the primaries, almost every question or conversation on Fox was framed around Mitt in some way. Repetition is a seller.

The fact is, the news media could get behind a homeless person, using all of their mechanisms, to make him look electable. They love the power they hold over the people. And the people pretend there is no power behind the dialogue.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
When you conduct an interview, giving off the vibe that THIS candidate is important AND presidential, not treating ALL candidates declaring in the same fashion - there is nothing fair about it.

Fox News set this up deliberately. At least that is the vibe I was getting. Got the same vibe regarding Mitt Romney, which played out to be true - the only electable candidate. For instance, during the primaries, almost every question or conversation on Fox was framed around Mitt in some way. Repetition is a seller.

The fact is, the news media could get behind a homeless person, using all of their mechanisms, to make him look electable. They love the power they hold over the people. And the people pretend there is no power behind the dialogue.
Cruz did the Fox tour too and I think Paul did as well. Don't blame Fox if you don't like the only electable candidate. That is based around the nation and not conservatives.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:30 AM

31,306 posts, read 22,308,967 times
He sounds good, but making an argument to make 11 Million Immigrants residents is not where he should start. First, I would want to hear how they going to screen out the Felons, the drunken drivers and the people falsifying their paper work. Additionally I want to know what they are going to do when the next group of 20 million demand citizenship

Old 05-11-2015, 11:53 AM

48,493 posts, read 97,096,001 times
Bush II did the same on amnesty but we saw the reaction from citizens that stopped it. Selling promises you can't keep is the norm in politics now days. Citizens were sold a bill of goods as it called In 80's bill and not fooled again.

Last edited by texdav; 05-11-2015 at 12:01 PM..

Old 05-11-2015, 12:00 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,299,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
If Jeb Bush will go head to head against the tea party republicans and finally solve the immigration problem, he'll get my vote and probably enough votes to beat Hillary.
What say you?

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush declared Wednesday that 11 million immigrants in the country illegally should have an opportunity to stay, wading yet again into his party's contentious immigrant debate.
"We're a nation of immigrants," Bush said at the National Christian Hispanic Leadership Conference that brought several hundred Hispanic evangelical leaders to Houston this week. "This is not the time to abandon something that makes us special and unique." A successful immigration overhaul is more than simply strengthening the border, Bush said, referring to "11 million people that should come out from the shadows and receive earned legal status."

Jeb Bush: Give 11 Million Immigrants A Chance To Stay

we tried this in 1986 and it didn't work, millions of illegals violated our borders and law.

Why giving amnesty again will work?

Fact is:

11 million foreigners decided to stay in the shadows by violating our laws because they have no loyalty to our country and laws. Their goal is to make American Dollars in any illegal way possible to send it back to their home country and screw the taxpayers who have to pay for the public services of them and their kids.

shame on any American that don't see this for what it is......if millions of poor Americans cross illegally to Mexico you think the Mexican government will give them amnesty and pass the bill to the Mexican taxpayers?.....POR FAVOR (that means please in Spanish for the ones that flunked Spanish in high school)

You can't give amnesty to them that is basically throwing our book of laws to the garbage. They have 2 choices:

A) Apply for a work visa and legal status like they were supposed to do with no privileges or special status before they violated our laws like the rest of millions of LEGAL immigrants had to do.

or

B) Go back to their country for failing to obey our laws.

that's should be the only solution to the problem and if Jeb Bush can't support that, he won't get my vote or win the nomination.

Old 05-11-2015, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Cruz did the Fox tour too and I think Paul did as well. Don't blame Fox if you don't like the only electable candidate. That is based around the nation and not conservatives.
NONE of the candidates, besides Jeb, sat down in a presidential setting like Megyn is going to do tonight. It's simply pandering. Maybe they get a large piece of his $100M he is supposed to raise to buy the White House.

And you are touting the same mantra we kept hearing about Mitt Romney - "Don't blame XYZ if you don't like the ONLY electable candidate. MITT IS THE ONLY ELECTABLE CANDIDATE."

We heard that ad nauseam. Total hogwash. Many of us knew Mitt couldn't win and wouldn't win and he didn't.

We are going to get the same result we did with Mitt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections