Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2015, 09:55 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
First off they aren't in the shadows they are in our faces and laughing. Earning legal status is punishment? WTH? Oh, and my all time favorite by Jeb is "coming here illegally is an act of love". He'll never get my vote. I'll stay home first.
Actually if it comes down to Bush and Clinton a large number of us will be staying home on election day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2015, 09:58 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Well, they were certainly gushing over him on THe Five - totally sickening. Reminded me of how they treated Romney. Saw a clip of Kelly File tonight, she was so snippy with Ted Cruz and totally respectful and soft with Jeb Bush. Ugh!

She is getting hammered on Twitter and Facebook. LOL!
Seeing the tea party units and the "send them all back!" faction, out in force in this thread, actually lambasting Fox News, over a Bush interview, is actually very refreshing.

Yes, Fox is soft pedaling Jeb.
Why? Because every clear thinking republican understands that they have no chance without swinging the Hispanic vote. They knew it as early as G. W. Bush's second term. They knew it again when they helped pass the Immigration Reform Bill of 2013, in the Senate, by a vote of 68 to 32.
They know it now..........as in now or never.
Jeb Bush is a proven, competent leader and governor. Jeb Bush know's he'll lose your vote by endorsing a comprehensive immigration reform, that involves dealing humanely with those, already here. The republican party know's it needs to embrace and welcome the Hispanics into it's political tent if it wants to be relevent now and in the future.

You all run your single issue, vocal, small faction candidates. You know the ones. The Strict Constitutionalist, the Hillary Hater, The Evangelical, The Governor who empties the treasury and then say's we need to cut education to make up the difference.

Go ahead, beat the crap out of Jeb Bush. Lambaste, and vilify him on every republican internet forum you bookmarked. Best of all, say you'll stay home and encourage your friends and associates to also stay home when the time comes to "make your mark".
The Democratic Party thanks you for 8 more years and the SCOTUS picks........profoundly.
Hillary won't even have to run. Just sit there and watch you all conduct your circular firing squad.

Last edited by mohawkx; 05-11-2015 at 11:14 PM..

Old 05-11-2015, 10:18 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
We already had Two(2) bushes in the White House. Neither was worth a damn. What makes anyone think Jeb is cut from a different cloth? Do we really need a hedge?

Old 05-11-2015, 10:20 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Seeing the tea party units and the "send them all back!" faction, out in force in this thread, actually lambasting Fox News, over a Bush interview, is actually very refreshing.

Why? Because every clear thinking republican understands that they have no chance without swinging the Hispanic vote. They knew it as early as G. W. Bush's second term. They knew it again when they helped pass the Immigration Reform Bill of 2013, in the Senate, by a vote of 68 to 32.
They know it now..........as in now or never.
Jeb Bush is a proven, competent leader and governor. Jeb Bush know's he'll lose your vote by endorsing a comprehensive immigration reform, that involves dealing humanely with those, already here. The republican party know's it needs to embrace and welcome the Hispanics into it's political tent if it wants to be relevent now and in the future.

You all run your single issue, vocal, small faction candidates. You know the ones. The Strict Constitutionalist, the Hillary Hater, The Evangelical, The Governor who empties the treasury and then say's we need to cut education to make up the difference.

Go ahead, beat the crap out of Jeb Bush. Lambaste, and vilify him on every republican internet forum you bookmarked. Best of all, say you'll stay home and encourage your friends and associates to also stay home when the time comes to "make your mark".
The Democratic Party thanks you........profoundly.
Hillary won't even have to run. Just sit there and watch you all conduct your circular firing squad.
68% of Texas Hispanics support increasing border security as part of immigration reforms.

Ted Cruz won 40% of the Hispanic vote when he beat David Dewhurst - this while Mitt Romney was getting his 27%. It is about Trust.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:09 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Well, I'l admit, he is coming out with some pretty radical positions. There's really no political reason or benefit, to align himself with His Bro, but he did.
I see his point. He stated that based on the information at hand he would have invaded Iraq but he would have stabilized the country, afterwards. I personally don't agree with that assessment, myself ..... but, We'll just have to wait and see how it washes out.
I still think he's a better candidate than anything else the republicans have or will throw out there. I wouldn't count him out at all. Especially since he hasn't officially even declared yet.
I'm pretty sure this thread will rise and fall with the political tides and shifting currents.

I'll either vote for Bush or Hillary at this point. If Bush folds his tent, then it's 100% Hillary.

For the record, here's his exact quote.

“I would have [authorized the invasion], and so would have Hillary Clinton, just to remind everybody. And so would almost everybody that was confronted with the intelligence they got,” Bush told Fox News' Megyn Kelly in an interview scheduled to air Monday.
But he acknowledged that the "intelligence that everybody saw, that the world saw, was faulty," adding that after the invasion, the U.S. ought to have focused on securing and stabilizing Iraq in order to shield its people from sectarian violence.

Make of it what you will.

what a waste of vote, Jeb or Hillary...you must of love the establishment candidates of more of the same B.S.....might as well stay home.

Of course Jeb has to defend his brother in the Iraq invasion.........at least he sticks to his principles not like the war hawks in the democrat party that flip flopped on the war based on the direction of public opinion like Hillary, Biden and the rest of the morons in the democrat party to score political points.

if D DAY in WW2 would have gone bad, these democrats would be calling for the head of General Eisenhower and to pull out of Europe and say it was a mistake to go to Europe.......what a joke liberals are.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:09 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
68% of Texas Hispanics support increasing border security as part of immigration reforms.

Ted Cruz won 40% of the Hispanic vote when he beat David Dewhurst - this while Mitt Romney was getting his 27%. It is about Trust.
ANY Comprehensive Immigration Reform will have to include rock solid, increased, border security. That's a given. No deals without it and every politician on both sides of the D/R divide know it.
Any CIR would include an overhaul of the "green card" system, work permits and rock solid enforcement of Visas and overstays.

Those are the details that would be worked out. After all, any promises will have to be passed through Congress. Jeb Bush is the one politician who can get it done and do it right. In the process he could get elected president and secure the presidency for future republicans. Don't you think republicans would get more done with Bush as president than Hillary?

Last edited by mohawkx; 05-11-2015 at 11:19 PM..

Old 05-12-2015, 05:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Listening to THE FIVE on Fox News gushing over Jeb Bush. LOL! Like we didn't know that FoxNews would be behind the Establishment guy.
You know I didn't get that feeling after watching THE FIVE at all yesterday. I guess I must have been seeing a different version of the program. I thought they were pretty split on how the feel about him. It seems to me many on FOX are leaning toward Rubio right now. Of course this could be my wishful thinking. I just shutter at the thought of a Bush/Clinton campaign.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:01 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,075,331 times
Quote:
Why? Because every clear thinking republican understands that they have no chance without swinging the Hispanic vote.
Actually I don't think Jeb Bush is a good candidate to get hispanic votes.

Hispanic voters haven't forgotten the economic crisis which they mostly blame GWB. Jeb Bush will lose hispanic voters because he reminds them of the financial crisis.

A better candidate to get hispanic voters is Marco Rubio.

Old 05-12-2015, 07:32 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Actually I don't think Jeb Bush is a good candidate to get hispanic votes.

Hispanic voters haven't forgotten the economic crisis which they mostly blame GWB. Jeb Bush will lose hispanic voters because he reminds them of the financial crisis.

A better candidate to get hispanic voters is Marco Rubio.

Hispanic AMERICANS, overwhelmingly do not want immigration reform. They want the laws that were passed in 1986, enforced to the fullest. Employer sanctions!

Old 05-12-2015, 07:45 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
what a waste of vote, Jeb or Hillary...you must of love the establishment candidates of more of the same B.S.....might as well stay home.
I hope we have other options but right now we don't. I would love to see a Sanders or a Walker but right now Clinton and Bush are the only credible contenders. Between the two, I'd vote Bush but I wish there was another option that wasn't futile.

Quote:
f course Jeb has to defend his brother in the Iraq invasion.........at least he sticks to his principles not like the war hawks in the democrat party that flip flopped on the war based on the direction of public opinion like Hillary, Biden and the rest of the morons in the democrat party to score political points.
Good point. What I don't like to see is when politics change their minds. Rand Paul comes to mind. At least Bush doubles down on these issues.

Quote:
if D DAY in WW2 would have gone bad, these democrats would be calling for the head of General Eisenhower and to pull out of Europe and say it was a mistake to go to Europe.......what a joke liberals are.
Maybe not D-Day but I get the point. I don't see non-inverentionalist republicans being any different though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections