Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 07:33 PM

34,277 posts, read 17,358,293 times

Advertisements

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Paul vs. Clinton

rcp shows Hilary over Paul by an average of 8.5%. I am surprised it shows HC over Bush by 8.9%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2015, 08:01 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,909,190 times
Default Consider Now!

Clinton numbers may drop because Sanders will run for the DNC Nomination. I suspect that the DNC will have to decided and pressue sanders not to run.

Back to the GOP these same poll numbers where ever they come will ultimately show a much weaker Clinton. Even though I may not support Bush on some his polices, I will vote Bush over Clinton any day of the week. I shudder to think what kinf of Country we would have if there was a Clinton Admin Part II.
I suggest some of you fellow Conservatives may rethink this choice if it does come down to such a case.

I still prefer other GOP Candidates to this point.

Last edited by GHOSTRIDER AZ; 04-29-2015 at 08:14 PM..

Old 04-29-2015, 08:10 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,833,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Paul vs. Clinton

rcp shows Hilary over Paul by an average of 8.5%. I am surprised it shows HC over Bush by 8.9%.

Rand Paul is beating Hillary Clinton in the polls in this important swing state | Rare

Rand Paul Is Republicans' Best Hope to Beat Hillary Clinton | The New Republic

Quote:
In the latest Quinnipiac poll, Paul leads Clinton in both Iowa, Pennsylvania and Colorado

Those were thought of a true blue states after Obama.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:12 PM

Rcp includes all credible polls, instead of cherry-picking any individual poll. That mitigates the outliers influence.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:20 PM

4,632 posts, read 3,448,014 times
FWIW, my Aunt was a county manager in Florida while he was Gov and did have positive things to say about him.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:34 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,701,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Do a search on this very forum for Jeb Bush and by far the most rah-rah for Jeb Bush is coming from liberal posters. The supportive posts from conservatives are few and far between. It's not that Jeb is a bad guy, but a) I don't think he can win in the general election; b) it is time for the GOP to turn the page.

I find this boosterism from the left re Jeb Bush a bit strange. As a conservative, I never felt a need to promote a Tom Harkin or a Dick Gephardt. What exactly is going on here with the liberal need to fawn over a Jon Huntsman and now a Jeb Bush?
I Always respect your view.

I'll explain why there are libs like me who would vote for Bush over Clinton. Those "Libs" as you call them, me included, are really the ex-democrats who moved more to the center/moderate and are now registered as independent. A lot of Democrats and Liberals don't want Clinton but it's the only realistic candidate for the Democratic party. Alot of us would vote for Jeb over Hillary. We want good government, not ideologues.
Bush is coming out so early with his Immigration reform and doing it in Spanish speeches, no less, because his team seems to think that they will pick up more support from moderates and Hispanics than they will lose from the conservative right.
With all due respect, I believe that the conservative right consider themselves much more of a force than they really are. The heady days of ball squeezing, political power they enjoyed, are on the wane.

So........Moderate republicans+democrats who don't want Hillary= Win for Bush.

Let the far left progressives have their platform and the far right have theirs and that equals a Bush win.
Otherwise he has made the biggest blunder of his political career by announcing this early, before the primaries, that all 11 million illegals have a permanent place in America and he did it in Spanish. That's not something you can pull back from in a general election cycle.

I don't think he and his team are that stupid. This is a major political strategy in the works.

I did notice that Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz didn't bother to show at the National Christian Hispanic Leadership Conference that brought several hundred Hispanic evangelical leaders to Houston this week. If you're a Hispanic candidate for president and don't show up there, where do you show up?

Last edited by mohawkx; 04-29-2015 at 10:08 PM..

Old 04-29-2015, 09:50 PM

15,291 posts, read 7,803,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
His stance would give me a true shot in the general election
Yep, because if there's anything Americans truely yearn for, it's a candidate who will lecture them on the benefits of more Hispanic immigration.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:54 PM

They yearn for a practical realist, as opposed to a Wing Nut ideologue. Bush has experience at a high level (governor of a large, diverse state), and he exemplifies a nuanced, practical approach to relevant issues. Now I realize much of the base seeks those foaming at the mouth, but that will simply insure Hillary Rodham Clinton is sworn in as POTUS 1/20/2017.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:55 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,701,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yep, because if there's anything Americans truely yearn for, it's a candidate who will lecture them on the benefits of more Hispanic immigration.
Didn't know he was asking for more immigration and that is nowhere in his speech. I believe he was addressing the 11 million elephants in the room who are already here.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:57 PM

5,864 posts, read 5,002,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
If Jeb Bush will go head to head against the tea party republicans and finally solve the immigration problem, he'll get my vote and probably enough votes to beat Hillary.
What say you?

Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush declared Wednesday that 11 million immigrants in the country illegally should have an opportunity to stay, wading yet again into his party's contentious immigrant debate.
"We're a nation of immigrants," Bush said at the National Christian Hispanic Leadership Conference that brought several hundred Hispanic evangelical leaders to Houston this week. "This is not the time to abandon something that makes us special and unique." A successful immigration overhaul is more than simply strengthening the border, Bush said, referring to "11 million people that should come out from the shadows and receive earned legal status."

Jeb Bush: Give 11 Million Immigrants A Chance To Stay
Yes because at a time when it is hard for American workers to find a decent job we need to be flooded with more immigrants. These ILLEGAL immigrants chose to break the law, their blatant disregard for the rule of law disqualifies them from becoming proper immigrants in my mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections