Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2015, 01:41 PM

63,506 posts, read 29,531,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
LOL!

To quote YOU

Latinos have proven they are for amnesty all by themselves. The poll just backs that up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 01:51 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,861,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You are totally wrong. The majority Hispanics of the Latino persuasion with roots south of our border do want amnesty.

New Poll Reveals Immigration Top Issue Driving Latino Voting - Immigration Reform | America's Voice
Where I live - working and talking with many American Hispanics - I have not meet ONE American Hispanic that is in favor of Amnesty - not ONE. They want everyone to follow the rules like they did getting here.

Old 05-12-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Where I live - working and talking with many American Hispanics - I have not meet ONE American Hispanic that is in favor of Amnesty - not ONE. They want everyone to follow the rules like they did getting here.
I find that hard to believe especially if any of them are from Mexican roots. I don't know where you live but the situation here in So. Calif. is quite the opposite. Haven't you heard of all the so-called "immigrant" advocacy groups, the marches and all the demands by them that our politicians grant amnesty? Haven't you read all of the forum remarks that back that up also?

You implied that they came legally and that's a whole different story. Of course legal immigrants want others to follow the rules just like they did.

Old 05-12-2015, 04:36 PM

5,864 posts, read 5,003,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Seeing the tea party units and the "send them all back!" faction, out in force in this thread, actually lambasting Fox News, over a Bush interview, is actually very refreshing.

Yes, Fox is soft pedaling Jeb.
Why? Because every clear thinking republican understands that they have no chance without swinging the Hispanic vote. They knew it as early as G. W. Bush's second term. They knew it again when they helped pass the Immigration Reform Bill of 2013, in the Senate, by a vote of 68 to 32.
They know it now..........as in now or never.
Jeb Bush is a proven, competent leader and governor. Jeb Bush know's he'll lose your vote by endorsing a comprehensive immigration reform, that involves dealing humanely with those, already here. The republican party know's it needs to embrace and welcome the Hispanics into it's political tent if it wants to be relevent now and in the future.

You all run your single issue, vocal, small faction candidates. You know the ones. The Strict Constitutionalist, the Hillary Hater, The Evangelical, The Governor who empties the treasury and then say's we need to cut education to make up the difference.

Go ahead, beat the crap out of Jeb Bush. Lambaste, and vilify him on every republican internet forum you bookmarked. Best of all, say you'll stay home and encourage your friends and associates to also stay home when the time comes to "make your mark".
The Democratic Party thanks you for 8 more years and the SCOTUS picks........profoundly.
Hillary won't even have to run. Just sit there and watch you all conduct your circular firing squad.
If any Republican really thinks that Hispanics are "natural conservatives" who will vote for them if they just pander a little harder to them by encouraging illegal immigration...then they are even dumber than I had previously thought. Hispanics vote overwhelmingly for big government, more welfare, amnesty, etc. They aren't coming over here to pursue Lockean "life, liberty, and property" or to uphold the American way of life.

They come here because we give them free goodies, we let into our colleges, hell we even recruit them into the our military. Every time a politician supports more immigration and amnesty they are flipping the bird to American workers and if the GOP nominates Jeb Bush they deserve to die as a party. If the election is Jeb vs. Hillary the corporatists, the globalists, and Wall St. win, and everyone else loses. Hispanics have allowed themselves to become pawns of Big Business and corporatists who are using them for political purposes.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
I find that hard to believe especially if any of them are from Mexican roots. I don't know where you live but the situation here in So. Calif. is quite the opposite. Haven't you heard of all the so-called "immigrant" advocacy groups, the marches and all the demands by them that our politicians grant amnesty? Haven't you read all of the forum remarks that back that up also?

You implied that they came legally and that's a whole different story. Of course legal immigrants want others to follow the rules just like they did.
Right, they are not in favor of Amnesty - legal immigration they will support.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
If any Republican really thinks that Hispanics are "natural conservatives" who will vote for them if they just pander a little harder to them by encouraging illegal immigration...then they are even dumber than I had previously thought. Hispanics vote overwhelmingly for big government, more welfare, amnesty, etc. They aren't coming over here to pursue Lockean "life, liberty, and property" or to uphold the American way of life.

They come here because we give them free goodies, we let into our colleges, hell we even recruit them into the our military. Every time a politician supports more immigration and amnesty they are flipping the bird to American workers and if the GOP nominates Jeb Bush they deserve to die as a party. If the election is Jeb vs. Hillary the corporatists, the globalists, and Wall St. win, and everyone else loses. Hispanics have allowed themselves to become pawns of Big Business and corporatists who are using them for political purposes.
Wendy Davis lost 7 of 14 counties along the Rio Grande for her support of abortion. They didn't call her "Abortion Barbie" for nothing and the conservative, religious Hispanics were having none of it.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Right, they are not in favor of Amnesty - legal immigration they will support.
You seemed to be generalizing about Hispanics though. Your claim was that you didn't know one single Hispanic who wants amnesty. It would be nice next time if you clarified that you were talking about Hispanic legal immigrants. Many that were born here aka citizens have relatives here illegally and they are the ones advocating for amnesty.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:13 PM

Quote:
You seemed to be generalizing about Hispanics though. Your claim was that you didn't know one single Hispanic who wants amnesty. It would be nice next time if you clarified that you were talking about Hispanic legal immigrants. Many that were born here aka citizens have relatives here illegally and they are the ones advocating for amnesty.
I haven't met ONE SINGLE American or Green Card Hispanic that is for Amnesty. Because the ones I know followed the law. They are not for illegal immigration. They followed the rules and they want everyone else to follow the rules as well.

I take that back. I know, not personally, but a relative told me about a Green Card guy, with a tattooed Mexican Flag saying they will take Texas back. No one at the job site likes the guy.

Last edited by Pressing-On; 05-12-2015 at 06:32 PM..

Old 05-12-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post

I agree with most of what you said but the illegal alien kind can't join our military.

Old 05-12-2015, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I haven't met ONE SINGLE American or Green Card Hispanic that is for Amnesty. Because the ones I know followed the law. They are not for illegal immigration. They followed the rules and they want everyone else to follow the rules as well.

I take that back. I know, not personally, but a relative told me about a Green Card guy, with a tattooed Mexican Flag saying they will take Texas back. No one at the job site likes the guy.
Maybe you haven't met one but unless you have been living in a cave you would know that majority of Americans from Latino roots desire amnesty. Haven't you read all the claims by the left that the GOP must pass an amnesty or they won't get the Latino vote? Come on now, you know better than that. The polls, marches and so-called immigrant advocacy groups prove it also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections