Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2015, 12:54 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,987,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
Many of my liberal friends feel the same way and have said they will sit this one out if 2016 is a Bush vs. Clinton contest. I'm an Independent and agree with them.
I think that if and/or when it comes does to Clinton vs. Bush it will turn out to be one of the lowest voter turnouts of all time in the US, far too many Americans would simply give up and realize the powers that be are not even trying to fool us any more they know we will not do a thing about it except maybe whine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2015, 01:36 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,297,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If Jeb wins, could we handle another depression? And a couple more wars?
the 2007 depression wasn't caused by Bush or the war..........and we already are at war whether we like it or not.

Old 05-13-2015, 01:50 PM

19,989 posts, read 9,537,839 times
Have you checked out the latest presidential election polls? As of right now, the only person Jeb Bush has a good chance of beating is Joe Biden!!

Personally, the only way I would not vote for anyone running against a Bush would be if that person was either an evangelical racist (not very likely for a Democrat candidate now!) or Obama (if by some trick he is allowed to run again). And in either of those two scenarios, I would vote for a third party candidate, even if it would be "throwing my vote away"!

If the Republicans think that we want another Bush in office, they are either crazy or stupid or both. (I don't want HRC, either, but I would vote for her over Jeb, and it seems as though most people agree with me.)

Last edited by katharsis; 05-13-2015 at 01:59 PM..

Old 05-13-2015, 02:47 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,692,341 times
Quote:
Do you feel the same about Hillary?
Not to that degree. I'm considering Jeb Bush so we can get some forward progress in government. With Hillary, you get another 8 years of Republican Congressional obstruction and gridlock. With Jeb, the republicans might actually move on some issues besides killing the ACA and perpetual Congressional constipation.

Old 05-13-2015, 02:50 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,291,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post

If the Republicans think that we want another Bush in office, they are either crazy or stupid or both. (I don't want HRC, either, but I would vote for her over Jeb, and it seems as though most people agree with me.)
Mr. Bush should be judged on his own merits, he isn't the same man as his brother or his father.

Characterizing a whole family, just because you don't care for some of the members just isn't fair.

Old 05-13-2015, 03:03 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,369,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post

Personally, I would no sooner want to have a politician operating on my brain than a surgeon operating on my nation and it's future. Either occupation demands its own skills and levels of experience and judgement.
So, in other words, you are of the crowd that thinks only professional politicians are qualified. Whatever happened to "government of the people, by the people?" Our nation was not a nation to be run by elites, but we are supposed to be a nation governed by it's citizens; a "citizen government."

Read the Constitution and tell me what it says the requirements for President are.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:21 PM

1,733 posts, read 952,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh geez, not another one. It isn't about Hispanics who came here legally it's about many that were born here (anchor babies come to mind) and are citizens of this country who have relatives in this country illegally. I even know of Hispanics who don't have a relative here illegally but they still want amnesty for illegal aliens because of their tribal mentality. Aside from someone's personal experience with a few of them all of the facts continue to be ignored. I give up!

You misunderstood my post. My point is that many Hispanics here legally, resent that illegals coming across the border are being given amnesty vs. applying for legal status, legally.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I think that if and/or when it comes does to Clinton vs. Bush it will turn out to be one of the lowest voter turnouts of all time in the US, far too many Americans would simply give up and realize the powers that be are not even trying to fool us any more they know we will not do a thing about it except maybe whine.

Never thought of that, but you may be right.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:38 PM

63,282 posts, read 29,374,158 times
Quote:
You misunderstood my post. My point is that many Hispanics here legally, resent that illegals coming across the border are being given amnesty vs. applying for legal status, legally.
You and another poster claimed that you have "never" met a Hispanic that was for amnesty. I find that hard to believe but even if that's true what I pointed out is that all of the evidence points to the fact that the majority of them do. Perhaps not those who have jumped thru the hoops and paid their dues to come here legally but most of the rest of them do.

Old 05-13-2015, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
Mr. Bush should be judged on his own merits, he isn't the same man as his brother or his father.

Characterizing a whole family, just because you don't care for some of the members just isn't fair.

Maybe so. However, enough is enough. Jeb's support of Common Core and amnesty is enough to keep me away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections