Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2015, 05:24 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,047,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
But allowing any illegal aliens to remain here as Gary Johnson is advocating for and you're agreeing with is still amnesty. We don't need to have any more work visas for unskilled, uneducated and poor illegal aliens. We need the jobs they are holding and they will end up being a net burden to our country just as they are now as low wage earners with many dependents.

No, what we need to do is to remove all of the incentives for them to remain here. Your's and Johnson's plan is what will encourage more to come.
What is your definition of unskilled? And, we are talking work that is needed, thus the work visa.
Jobs that most Americans want, you know, like the engineering, high tech job for the skilled educated worker are already being given to H1B visa workers.....by American companies.
They don't need amnesty, we are willingly bringing them here in droves.

For Indian engineers, H-1B visa is key to career growth - The Washington Post

Did you miss the part, Johnson stated about bringing family AFTER they can prove they can take care of them financially - which really should be a prerequisite for EVERYONE in this country IMO.

And, no I don't consider what Gary Johnson is advocating as amnesty. His proposals make a lot of sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 05:29 PM

29,250 posts, read 22,556,811 times
Jeb's done and needs to be pulled from the oven now. Whatever chances he had were just blown to bits.

Buh bye, Jeb.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:42 PM

63,494 posts, read 29,523,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
What is your definition of unskilled? And, we are talking work that is needed, thus the work visa.
Jobs that most Americans want, you know, like the engineering, high tech job for the skilled educated worker are already being given to H1B visa workers.....by American companies.
They don't need amnesty, we are willingly bringing them here in droves.

For Indian engineers, H-1B visa is key to career growth - The Washington Post

Did you miss the part, Johnson stated about bringing family AFTER they can prove they can take care of them financially - which really should be a prerequisite for EVERYONE in this country IMO.

And, no I don't consider what Gary Johnson is advocating as amnesty. His proposals make a lot of sense.
Most illegals that come here don't even have a high school education and little skills. They learn here on an American job they have taken and take the construction industry for example. They only learn a few basics not real skills and their shoddy workmanship shows it. We have always had a large blue-collared workforce in that industry and in the commercial landscaping business, etc. So we don't need any blue-collared workers and for the most part we don't need many white-collared workers competing for jobs against Americans either.

Who is this "we" you are speaking of? Most Americans didn't invite illegals here and we don't want them to remain here aka amnesty. You might not consider it amnesty but any so-called immigrant that doesn't come here legally in the first place but is allowed to stay rather than return to their country and apply to come here legally is amnesty, plain and simple.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:47 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,599,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
I say.... with great Thunder-like WARNING; All the Bush'es are Deceitful Con men. Yes Dubya Bush with his personal Agenda based, Stubborn Invasion Pre-Emptive Attack on Iraq, was the Straw that broke the Arab Camels back, and that is the basic reason for the NOW, extreme Hatred the Arab Nations now have for the USA.

Jeb Bush is his brother, who just yesterday, defended Dubya's Bloody, Wrong decision to invade and massacre a Nation before that Nation ever attacked American soil. The blood of Ton's of innocent people, is on both the Bush Brothers hands.

Jeb Bush, as Governor of Florida, stood by, as did G Dubya, then POTUSA, and let a Helpless disabled American citizen, Teri Schiavo, Suffer and starve to death, in her nursing home, as her Family pleaded with both Bush brothers to intercede and Save Teri from that Merciless pain and death.

Either of...and both Jeb and brother, Prez Dubya, had the Authority to Stop her horrible suffering and death.

Therefore, I SAY, Only a full grown, ignorant fool, could support and vote for Jeb Bush.

He's just another Bush Con man!!
Jeb Bush, as Governor of Florida, stood by, as did G Dubya, then POTUSA, and let a Helpless disabled American citizen, Teri Schiavo, Suffer and starve to death, in her nursing home, as her Family pleaded with both Bush brothers to intercede and Save Teri from that Merciless pain and death.

The Governor had no business getting into that. That was a family matter, but this is for another thread.

Old 05-17-2015, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Well at the time of GW Bush most democrats were on board and even, Tom Dashel, Polse, Reid Dick Durbin and even Ms. Clinton. The Democratic Congress supported GW and there we went. I agree CIA George Tenet ( Clinton Appointee) gave Bush Distorted Intelligence.

In deed WMD was found, but not on the scale that the CIA thought and many of Saddams Nasty Illegal Weapons were trucked out in the middle of the night, according to Satellite info.

However the Iraq's were shooting at our AC over the no Fly zone and anther action would of happen anyway.

Jeb needs to be mindful, because every word in looked by left wingers trying to disqualify our candidates and make Clinton more tasteful. (like Castor Oil)
No WMDs in Iraq

Old 05-17-2015, 06:29 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,910,140 times
Default Not so fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Interesting article for the NY Times that say contrary to your one liner.

Results
  1. US did find Iraq WMD | New York Post

nypost.com/2010/10/25/us-did-find-iraq-wmd/
    New York Post

There were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq after all. The massive cache of almost 400,000 Iraq war documents released by the WikiLeaks Web site revealed that small amounts of chemical weapons were found in Iraq and continued to surface for years after the 2003 US invasion, Wired magazine reported.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:38 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,703,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
It isn't my intent to start an argument with you. You're free to think what ever you want. My interest in posting has more to do with political war gaming than trying to convert anyone to my view. Actually, I've never stated that I support illegal immigration, only that the increasing Hispanic vote will continue to carry more and more weight, and eventually it will be impossible for a Party to win while losing the fastest growing portions of the electorate by lopsided margins. I've always enjoyed American History, and Presidential Elections are a way of taking the pulse of the nation, sort of a look at Political Sociology. I'm a numbers guy, and whether my side wins or loses, I'm one of those odd ducks that enjoys crunching the numbers, and seeing what they tell us about where we are as a nation, and what future events are most probable based on those trends.

By Whit Ayres' calculations, if the GOP cannot improve on Romney's performance with minorities, they would need 65% of the white vote to win the national popular vote in 2016. By 2020, the growth in the number of minority registered voters will probably push the needed white percentage at least 67 or 68%. Over the long haul, mathematically it's a race that can't be won. Eventually, the percentage of minority vote has to increase, or they'll lose time after time. That's not rhetoric. It's basic math.

What I'm interested in, rather than trading barbs or insults with anyone is, given where the country is and the direction it is going, what's the best path for either side to win a majority of the popular vote and the electoral college both in the short and the long term. What policies or what groups of voters will make the differences in key states? What changes in key states are swinging that state one way or the other? Win or lose, Presidential Elections are living history, and for me at least, it's always interesting.
Your response to Mr. O. Glory's post was exactly the intent of this thread when I put it up here. It was a notation that Jeb Bush came out strong for comprehensive immigration reform as a platform. He did it early, he was very thorough in his position and he even did it in Spanish. The fact that he did it so early, without even being asked, struck me as a deliberate strategy on his part. He must see the same numbers that Whit Ayers see's. I thought Bush's actions were worthy of discussion. I'm not judging the pros or cons of immigration, I'm discussing the merits of Jeb Bush's actions as they apply to 2016 election issues. By now, everyone who even remotely follows politics must realize that immigration reform and current policy is going to have a huge effect on every candidate who runs and where they stand will determine the outcome.
Unfortunately, Mr. Glory considers this thread just another soapbox for the anti-immigration agenda.

Old 05-17-2015, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Interesting article for the NY Times that say contrary to your one liner.

Results
  1. US did find Iraq WMD | New York Post

nypost.com/2010/10/25/us-did-find-iraq-wmd/
    New York Post

There were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq after all. The massive cache of almost 400,000 Iraq war documents released by the WikiLeaks Web site revealed that small amounts of chemical weapons were found in Iraq and continued to surface for years after the 2003 US invasion, Wired magazine reported.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=OSN-Kku_rFE

Old 05-17-2015, 08:38 PM

34,285 posts, read 17,372,575 times
OP, Your points are well taken, and simply via Latino citizens, 1 million of their offspring reach age 18 annually. The parents are, on average, a decade younger than other Americans, and that insures as a % of total votes, Latino's % has not come close to cresting. That is decades away.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:26 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,463,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Lefties around here are an absolute joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Thanks for the well informed post. You've added substance and clarity to the debate.
Haha, said no one, ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections