Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 10:45 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,703,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Some conservatives see Bush as pseudo-repeat version of 2012 presidential nominee Mitt Romney — a candidate they were reluctant to back in the 2012 election, before he became the Republican Party's go-to surrogate in this election cycle.

Quite frankly, I personally can care less if he wants to reform immigration law or not.

Ps. I don't know why do you target me in this thread, I merely state what I know about mass immigration. They create an economic bubble and have no long term benefit for the economy as a whole.

I don't ONLY watch fox news for resources.
Well, I didn't mean to target you, specifically. It's just that the particular statements you made were perfect points to bounce my beliefs off of concerning immigration reform. I didn't mean to offend you in any way. It certainly wasn't personal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2015, 11:22 AM

63,503 posts, read 29,523,733 times
What a crock that new illegal immigration into our country is at zero! Now we have Central Americans flocking our border trying to get in Obama's amnesty under some so-called refugee status along with others who continue to crash our borders on a daily basis. The only illegal aliens being deported are those who are "convicted" criminals. The rest Obama has instructed "hands off". He just recently gave a stay of deportation to 5 million of them with U.S. born kids. Someone is here doesn't know WTH they are talking about!

There is no reform being proposed. It is amnesty plain and simple and no most Americans are not for that. Polls? It all depends on how the questions are posed and to whom they are being posed to. What American in their right mind would want them to remain here while we have 23 million Americans out of work? Do they like cutting their own throats? These illegal aliens are tax burden and would continue to be if legalized. Jeb Bush is anti-American traitor just like Obama and many others are.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:27 AM

35,306 posts, read 31,685,233 times
Jeb looks like a greater fool each day.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:25 PM

39,502 posts, read 27,878,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What a crock that new illegal immigration into our country is at zero! Now we have Central Americans flocking our border trying to get in Obama's amnesty under some so-called refugee status along with others who continue to crash our borders on a daily basis. The only illegal aliens being deported are those who are "convicted" criminals. The rest Obama has instructed "hands off". He just recently gave a stay of deportation to 5 million of them with U.S. born kids. Someone is here doesn't know WTH they are talking about!

There is no reform being proposed. It is amnesty plain and simple and no most Americans are not for that. Polls? It all depends on how the questions are posed and to whom they are being posed to. What American in their right mind would want them to remain here while we have 23 million Americans out of work? Do they like cutting their own throats? These illegal aliens are tax burden and would continue to be if legalized. Jeb Bush is anti-American traitor just like Obama and many others are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
Jeb looks like a greater fool each day.
agree with you both

Unfortunately, in this 'war of words' . . . those who control the semantics, in this case the illegal alien lobby, guarantees that the choice of words and phrases used will essentially control the debate. That is why the pro-illegals crowd will NEVER use the word "illegal" in conjunction with "immigrants," so that when they refer to our country as a "nation of immigrants," they are able to obfuscate and blur what should be a perfectly clear view of very contrary facts!

Old 06-07-2015, 12:26 PM

5,105 posts, read 2,338,299 times
Quote:
That is what they told you. That is what some choose to believe.

This economic rationale for mass immigration is hopelessly short-term. In all fairness, Immigrants do not fill vacancies, they merely inflated the size of the economy and create a bubble, increasing total GDP but not GDP per capita.

I am all for elite skilled immigration, but mass immigration brings very minor (if any) economic benefits and very high social costs.

It is not racism to reject mass immigration from poor third world countries.
As I've said several times, who cares if it is? You don't base major policy decisions on whether or not some fool is going to shout RAAAAACIST! about it. Some people's political "arguments" consist of nothing but shouting racist. They shouldn't be taken seriously.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:27 PM

39,502 posts, read 27,878,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
As I've said several times, who cares if it is? You don't base major policy decisions on whether or not some fool is going to shout RAAAAACIST! about it. Some people's political "arguments" consist of nothing but shouting racist. They shouldn't be taken seriously.
agreed

Old 06-07-2015, 07:44 PM

63,503 posts, read 29,523,733 times
Quote:
agree with you both

Unfortunately, in this 'war of words' . . . those who control the semantics, in this case the illegal alien lobby, guarantees that the choice of words and phrases used will essentially control the debate. That is why the pro-illegals crowd will NEVER use the word "illegal" in conjunction with "immigrants," so that when they refer to our country as a "nation of immigrants," they are able to obfuscate and blur what should be a perfectly clear view of very contrary facts!
I couldn't agree more. They may able to fool the feeble minded but thinking people know what they are called under immigration law. The pro-illegals think they can change lawful terminology to blur the lines between Immigrants that are here legally and illegal aliens who are not but most of can see thru what they are doing. Every time I read the word "undocumented" I could puke.

Old 06-09-2015, 05:39 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,916,388 times
Trouble in Jeb's camp .... ?

In a Shakeup, Jeb Bush Reveals His Presidential Campaign Team - Bloomberg Politics

Old 06-10-2015, 02:21 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,665,106 times
Ouch!

Quote:
BRUTAL CRITIQUE OF JEB by Larry Sabato (with Kyle Kondik and Geoffrey Skelley), writing on Politico about "The Myths of 2016." Larry's Myth #1 is that the GOP race is anyone's game: He says only Jeb, Marco and Walker have "the resources, positioning and potential to expand the base." Then he unloads the toughest public assessment anyone has given of Jeb so far, setting the table for weekend conversation: "Everyone can see that Jeb Bush is doing poorly so far. He's in a much worse position than his father was in 1987 or his brother was in 1999.

"This Bush intimidates no one. His political skills are rusty, he's a pedestrian speaker ... The party's organizational leaders who care only about winning argue for him. The largest share of top elected Republicans back him openly or covertly. ... [T]oday's GOP is considerably less hierarchical and deferential to the leadership."

--While Republicans feast on that, Dems can enjoy "Myth #2: Hillary Clinton's favorability is in free-fall." http://politi.co/1IEqvUh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections