Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2015, 06:34 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,682,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Maybe the same way they thought Obama was.......

Ok, so she had a few less than stellar attempts at the helm of a few major corporations.

So maybe she has some experience to draw upon, in not making the same mistakes.

What does Hillary have, aside from a long track record of bungles, lies, deceptive practices while at law firms, people dead on her watch at the state department? just to mention a few.......

No, I don't think she will get the nomination, but it wont be for any of the reasons given thus far.
The politics of destruction from both parties will do her in, in good time.

CN.......
Well, I won't be voting for Hillary, but she does have government experience in the Senate and as Secretary of State. Carly/Cara's political experience is appearing on some of the Sunday morning talk shows.

Carly/Cara's corporate experience is strictly making bad deals that made the quarterly income statement look good, but severely damaged the business in the long term. She than leveraged that experience to get the CEO position at HP and the rest is history.

I think her corporate history has already cost her one election since she has no other history or accomplishments to talk about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2015, 06:36 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,269,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
She strikes me as a dark horse candidate. I find myself agreeing with everything she says, and she handled Katie Couric's gotcha! questions like a pro. She has all the experience and none of the political baggage as someone who has been in politics all of their life.
Ms. Fiorina couldn't even win her own state, didn't even come close.

I'd say she doesn't stand a chance.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:37 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,957,908 times
She failed when she ran for the Senate and during her six years as HP CEO 30,000 HP employees were laid off, no thanks I will pass on her getting anywhere near the Whitehouse.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:45 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,773,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Bueller View Post
She may be running for vp.
She wants to be the new Palin. And honestly I think she has a pretty fair chance. Any criticism- legitimate or not- will be deflected by Republicans saying:

"SEE! THEY HATE ACCOMPLISHED REPUBLICAN WOMEN! JUST LIKE THEY DID WITH PALIN!"

Most people won't fall for that, but that's not the point. Nobody drinks their own bathwater like Republicans. The Talk-Radio Party will see this as an iron-clad defense.

Moreover- Hillary is a woman. Republicans WILL attempt to counterweight that with a woman or minority of their own. Transparent as it may be, Republicans can't resist tokenism- because they THINK that's what the Democrats are doing (they can't bring themselves to acknowledge that Obama and Hillary are formidable people in their own right).

Carly is auditioning for an attack-dog role. Doesn't look so good when a man attacks a woman- even if that woman IS Hillary Clinton. A female attack-dog though? The Teabillies will LOVE that.

I don't know much about this Carly gal- nor do I care much. She may be a ****-poor executive... but that doesn't mean she's stupid. Not by a long-shot. I've known HIGHLY intelligent executives with successful careers who couldn't manage a lemonade stand. Where they excelled (and where I think Carly likely excels) is in their ability to find a niche, schmooze their way in, exploit the hell out of it, and step on anybody who gets in the way. It's a skill-set that could transfer very well into politics, or punditry and speaking tours.

And since anybody with half a brain can see that they Republicans CAN'T win... Carly is clearly angling to cash in after the election like Palin did. It'll be fun to watch. Unless it's election night and you're a Republican

Old 05-05-2015, 07:50 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,269,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
She failed when she ran for the Senate and during her six years as HP CEO 30,000 HP employees were laid off, no thanks I will pass on her getting anywhere near the Whitehouse.
I don't think that Ms. Fiorina can be blamed for the decline in the PC sector which happened to occur during her time as CEO.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:52 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,236,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
She wants to be the new Palin. And honestly I think she has a pretty fair chance. Any criticism- legitimate or not- will be deflected by Republicans saying:

"SEE! THEY HATE ACCOMPLISHED REPUBLICAN WOMEN! JUST LIKE THEY DID WITH PALIN!"

Most people won't fall for that, but that's not the point. Nobody drinks their own bathwater like Republicans. The Talk-Radio Party will see this as an iron-clad defense.

Moreover- Hillary is a woman. Republicans WILL attempt to counterweight that with a woman or minority of their own. Transparent as it may be, Republicans can't resist tokenism- because they THINK that's what the Democrats are doing (they can't bring themselves to acknowledge that Obama and Hillary are formidable people in their own right).

Carly is auditioning for an attack-dog role. Doesn't look so good when a man attacks a woman- even if that woman IS Hillary Clinton. A female attack-dog though? The Teabillies will LOVE that.

I don't know much about this Carly gal- nor do I care much. She may be a ****-poor executive... but that doesn't mean she's stupid. Not by a long-shot. I've known HIGHLY intelligent executives with successful careers who couldn't manage a lemonade stand. Where they excelled (and where I think Carly likely excels) is in their ability to find a niche, schmooze their way in, exploit the hell out of it, and step on anybody who gets in the way. It's a skill-set that could transfer very well into politics, or punditry and speaking tours.

And since anybody with half a brain can see that they Republicans CAN'T win... Carly is clearly angling to cash in after the election like Palin did. It'll be fun to watch. Unless it's election night and you're a Republican
That's a pretty jaded view. Politics have gotten so corrupt that no one recognizes the real deal when it comes along.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:58 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,236,480 times
I do see how the Republicans are smart enough to use her as an attack dog. No one can call her a misogynist when she serves it up to Hillary during the debates.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:06 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,231,107 times
She does not hold my attention. She was on the radio this morning and I don't remember a thing she said. I just keep hearing the Charlie Brown teacher in my head

Old 05-05-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Spam View Post
I don't think that Ms. Fiorina can be blamed for the decline in the PC sector which happened to occur during her time as CEO.
If she actually made it to the Oval Office would people blame her for everything under the sun, you betcha she would. As Both sides love to say when the other guy is in office, The Buck Stops at the CEO and Presidents Desk. The icing, for some, is that she was still receiving Big Bonuses while laying off employees in the thousands, in a dog fight every politician will kick her butt, in fact that has already happened. I doubt she has a snowballs chance in Hades in getting the GOP Nomination.

Old 05-05-2015, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I do see how the Republicans are smart enough to use her as an attack dog. No one can call her a misogynist when she serves it up to Hillary during the debates.
You have to get the GOP Nomination to get to debate Hillary, so much for that thought
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections