Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 10:21 AM

29,608 posts, read 16,586,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
The Dems won't talk about Carly because they can't stand the thought of the first female president being a Republican. It interrupts their silly "old white male party" narrative. That is why they attacked Sarah Palin when she ran for VP in 2008. Dems hate GOP women and GOP blacks. The latter are considered to be "Uncle Tom's".
LMFAO, In one poll she has 10%, in every other poll, she is no higher than 2%. Your party doesnt even want her in the race, why on earth would Democrats care ???????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2015, 10:24 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,934,256 times
What's her platform, what does she stand for? I just notice that she is anti-Hillary. That wont get votes period.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:27 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,849,618 times
We sure are hearing about her--the MNM flunkies are already goose-stepping like milquetoasts to be dauntless defenders of Queen Hillary, even criticizing Fiorina for daring to bring up questions about HC that they should be asking. The tough questions are now being hurled at Fiorina, who answers them without HC's indignation. Katie Couric's typical snarky hostility was evident in her recent grilling of Fiorina, while extolling what she considers to be HC's "virtues."

Too bad the OP is missing it all.

Old 05-07-2015, 07:41 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,797,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why would we?
She has no appeal, other than the Sarah Palin / She is a Conservative woman talking head.
I'd take Mia Love over her in a heartbeat, if it has to be a woman.
Someone who was a theatrical major in school?

It's actually an appropriate background for politics.

Old 05-07-2015, 01:09 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,560,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Can't very well speak and shake my head at the same time, can I?

If you want to use your CEO experience as a stepping stone to politics, it would help if the market didn't react to the news of your ousting with a 7% increase in share price. There's something ironic about her golden parachute (which included about $19M in of shares) actually increasing considerably in value when she was finally kicked out.

(OK, so that was just one case - HP. She also ran Bell Labs and Lucent into the ground.)

Not that she has a chance. Running for President without a chance of being nominated is turning into a bit of a cottage industry. There's undoubtedly a "Donate Now" button on her actual website, it's nice ego bath for the purported candidate, it undoubtedly increases the speaking fees and - who knows? Once she concedes and throws her support behind the actual candidate, and if he wins, he may remember his friends.

It would also bolster confidence in her high-tech credentials if her campaign was organized enough to register a domain name. Carly Fiorina failed to register this domain.
She was a horrible failure and I love the sad faces demonstrating how many people lost their jobs under her watch while she escaped with a golden parachute. She has pretty much failed at everything; ran for Senate and failed; fired from McCain's campaign, fired from her job at HP where she performed horribly.

Ugh. I'm glad even most Republicans don't want her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Nope. She actually is accountable for her faults. That's refreshing in any politician.
No, she's not. She had an excuse for every single one. Every one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
But even on her worst day at the office, nobody died under her watch.

You lefties just keep lovin' on Hillary. And ignoring her past string of fiascos. And crimes.

I'm no fan of Carly, but I loath hypocrites.
Well, I guess there's that If that's the best she can expect as a ringing endorsement - she's not gonna make it.

How many people died under Bush's watch and you still don't talk about that? Since we're talking about hypocrites and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
She failed when she ran for the Senate and during her six years as HP CEO 30,000 HP employees were laid off, no thanks I will pass on her getting anywhere near the Whitehouse.
Thank you! She simply doesn't deserve it and she won't get it anyway.

Old 05-07-2015, 01:56 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
She was a horrible failure and I love the sad faces demonstrating how many people lost their jobs under her watch while she escaped with a golden parachute. She has pretty much failed at everything; ran for Senate and failed; fired from McCain's campaign, fired from her job at HP where she performed horribly.

Ugh. I'm glad even most Republicans don't want her.

No, she's not. She had an excuse for every single one. Every one.

Well, I guess there's that If that's the best she can expect as a ringing endorsement - she's not gonna make it.

How many people died under Bush's watch and you still don't talk about that? Since we're talking about hypocrites and all.

Thank you! She simply doesn't deserve it and she won't get it anyway.
I am not supporting her, I think we need someone with more government experience, but I am curious as to your statement: "she doesn't deserve it" Who are any of us to say, someone deserves it? What makes someone deserve it?

Old 05-07-2015, 02:01 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,431,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
But even on her worst day at the office, nobody died under her watch.

You lefties just keep lovin' on Hillary. And ignoring her past string of fiascos. And crimes.

I'm no fan of Carly, but I loath hypocrites.
Now there's a ringing endorsement!

Vote for me, I haven't killed anyone. Yet.

Old 05-07-2015, 02:04 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,400,304 times
I know two people that have worked directly with her. Both have expressed their utter contempt of her.

Old 05-07-2015, 03:53 PM

29,220 posts, read 22,404,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I know two people that have worked directly with her. Both have expressed their utter contempt of her.
The same goes with a friend of mine's son. He worked under Fiorina and was rising at H-P, but he was part of the mass firing she initiated. He despises her, and told me she turned H-P from a leading and very profitable company into a complete disaster in short order when she burdened H-P with Compaq, which was on its last legs and was a mess from top to bottom.

The Hewlett family forced her out as fast as they could, but only after massive damage was done to both computer brands.

Old 05-08-2015, 10:26 AM

546 posts, read 409,445 times
I can't see anyone not previously elected to political office ever winning the Presidency.

While the idea of citizen legislators is laudable, I'd prefer a bit more lawmaking experience in the head cheese.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections