Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 11:58 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Not sure what you're going on about, it's hard to know since the first link in the list you posted actually shows Clinton +2 overall, with 4 out of 5 polls favoring Clinton, Fox being the only exception.
Perhaps you might want to check and edit your list and get back with us? Or are you saying Fox's is the only poll that counts and the other 4 don't? Alrighty then.

At any rate, every link you posted - included the bizzaro ones like "Newsmax", show Clinton to be a strong contender, within striking distance of the lead even in those polls where she's not leading. Far from providing reason to "ditch" her, you've just demonstrated that she's the Dem candidate to beat.

edit to add: Did you notice that 538.com, the most widely hailed of all political stat sites, just this week said Clinton has an 82% chance of winning the Iowa primary?
I'm not convinced, still think Bernie might end up "winning" a couple more Iowa delegates than Clinton. But if you insist on grabbing and posting polls and stats, you cannot ignore Nate Silver.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 01-14-2016 at 12:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2016, 04:48 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Hillary has an 84% favorability rating among Democrats and 48% favorability rating among all Americans. Whyever would Democrats dump somebody they like ... and the rest of the country likes as well?

Meanwhile Trump has a 57% favorability rating among Republicans and only a 35% favorability rating among all Americans. Maybe you should go back to grade school to learn about which numbers are higher than other numbers.
Two problems with this theory.

Vast numbers of ex-Democrats no longer consider themselves Democrats. Of course the few who are left are going to look at Hillary favorably. They have nothing left.

As someone pointed out earlier, just because someone has an unfavorable view of a politician, doesn't mean they won't vote for them. It depends upon who they are running against. When they ask people who they will actually vote for in Trump vs Clinton, Trump wins. So case closed on that.

The grade school comment is just insult. It doesn't do anything to support your theory.

Old 01-14-2016, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Not sure what you're going on about, it's hard to know since the first link in the list you posted actually shows Clinton +2 overall, with 4 out of 5 polls favoring Clinton, Fox being the only exception.
That RCP average means that Clinton and Trump are statically tied since everyone of those polls in that average have a minimum of a 3% margin of error.

This is quite a drop for Hilary who had a 20pt lead over Trump earlier in the year. Clearly momentum is wrong direction.

I agree that no individual poll should be considered gospel. However that FOX poll is the first to be taken after Bill Clinton's past history of sexual abuse was brought into the discussion.

Old 01-14-2016, 05:03 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
If all the GOP can come up with is the Trump character and a bunch of also rans its a clear win for the Dems the only question is Sanders or Clinton.

Old 01-14-2016, 08:40 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,197,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Two problems with this theory.

Vast numbers of ex-Democrats no longer consider themselves Democrats. Of course the few who are left are going to look at Hillary favorably. They have nothing left.

As someone pointed out earlier, just because someone has an unfavorable view of a politician, doesn't mean they won't vote for them. It depends upon who they are running against. When they ask people who they will actually vote for in Trump vs Clinton, Trump wins. So case closed on that.

The grade school comment is just insult. It doesn't do anything to support your theory.
How much is "vast"? Define what constitutes "few". Like the OP all you're doing is denying numerical poll data with a lot of vague BS terms because you don't like what the polls are saying.

Actually, unlike most posters here, especially the Trumplets, most professional pollsters understand exactly what an unfavorable rating for a politician means, especially in a presidential race: voters will not vote for a candidate that they dislike. If they also don't like the alternative, they won't even bother voting, which affects voter turn-out and impacts other races. It's why so many Republicans who actually understand voting patterns and election dynamics oppose Trump's candidacy; they realize that if he's the GOP's nominee, then millions of Republicans either won't vote for him or simply won't vote.

Of course, before Trump can run for POTUS, he's got to win the Republican nomination, and that's not happened yet. My guess is that he doesn't. Too many Republicans are too intelligent to fall for his BS. Too many other Republicans are too conservative to believe Trump has really changed his politics. When he loses, the Donald will then go off to sulk or maybe try to launch a third party candidacy, taking his army of Trumplets with him, and guaranteeing that Hillary Rodham Clinton will become Madame President on January 20, 2017. I'm sure she'll send him a thank you note. Probably Bill will, too.

Old 01-15-2016, 10:51 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
Quote:
Not sure what you're going on about, .
That is because you aren't paying attention, a common problem with liberals. Don't worry, we are here to help.

Quote:
it's hard to know since the first link in the list you posted actually shows Clinton +2 overall, with 4 out of 5 polls favoring Clinton, Fox being the only exception.
Perhaps you might want to check and edit your list and get back with us? Or are you saying Fox's is the only poll that counts and the other 4 don't? Alrighty then.

At any rate, every link you posted - included the bizzaro ones like "Newsmax", show Clinton to be a strong contender, within striking distance of the lead even in those polls where she's not leading. Far from providing reason to "ditch" her, you've just demonstrated that she's the Dem candidate to beat.

edit to add: Did you notice that 538.com, the most widely hailed of all political stat sites, just this week said Clinton has an 82% chance of winning the Iowa primary?
I'm not convinced, still think Bernie might end up "winning" a couple more Iowa delegates than Clinton. But if you insist on grabbing and posting polls and stats, you cannot ignore Nate Silver.
Waldo explained it so well that I am just going to post his response:

Quote:
That RCP average means that Clinton and Trump are statically tied since everyone of those polls in that average have a minimum of a 3% margin of error.

This is quite a drop for Hilary who had a 20pt lead over Trump earlier in the year. Clearly momentum is wrong direction.

I agree that no individual poll should be considered gospel. However that FOX poll is the first to be taken after Bill Clinton's past history of sexual abuse was brought into the discussion.
Now, if you can retain all of that, consider it in light of what I posted the polls to address. See how your fellow liberal wildly overestimates the differance between Trump and Clinton? You see how, as Waldo pointed out, her momentum is dropping like a rock as Trump's skyrockets?

Quote:
Hillary has an 84% favorability rating among Democrats and 48% favorability rating among all Americans. Whyever would Democrats dump somebody they like ... and the rest of the country likes as well?

Meanwhile Trump has a 57% favorability rating among Republicans and only a 35% favorability rating among all Americans. Maybe you should go back to grade school to learn about which numbers are higher than other numbers.
Not hard to understand at all...if you are paying attention.

By the by:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...t-did-in-2008/

Old 01-15-2016, 11:06 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Waldo explained it so well that I am just going to post his response:
My settings prevent me from seeing any of kitty's posts, I was addressing yours.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:25 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times
Quote:
My settings prevent me from seeing any of kitty's posts, I was addressing yours.
Please go ahead and read the following. Then place it in the blank spot. Essentially what occurred is that you claimed that you do not know what I was trying to show when I was clearly responding to Linda...you weren't paying attention. Waldo correctly points out that Hillary has had a vast decline of momentum vis a vis Trump:

Linda posted information that is vastly out of date and wildly overestimates Hilllary.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
How much is "vast"?
64% of the American electorate.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:36 PM

42,851 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Vast numbers of ex-Democrats no longer consider themselves Democrats.
Really? How many have left & when did they leave?

I'm interested in seeing your source, because this certainly doesn't support your claim:

Party Affiliation | Gallup Historical Trends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections