Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2015, 08:41 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,913,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

I believe the only reason why they are still together is b/c of the Presidential Elections....otherwise, they wouldn't be.
You believe what you want to believe.

It's not like you actually know either of the Clintons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2015, 08:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,959,589 times
Quote:
well, I am sorry, but you are indeed misinformed, b/c this is the truth....

you need to wake up and literally smell the roses....honestly, get rid of those rose colored glasses....

don't feel bad, that is how most Americans are....
Save your advice for someone interested in it, your post before the one above proves without a doubt that that it is not I have is wearing rose colored glasses. This has become pointless you and your ilk want to judge a woman harshly because she had the strength of character to fight to save her marriage and add your own "theory" as to why they would do so. As another poster stated, there are other valid reasons to oppose her bid for the Whitehouse, but to go after here of this only proves in my and many other peoples opinion, that the right has no lows they will not go to in an attempt to attack someone they hate. You are not going to change your mind on the matter and neither will I so I am leaving this discussion right there, this nonsense has used up all the time that I am willing to give. Good Day.

Old 05-12-2015, 09:04 AM

28,958 posts, read 30,311,726 times
Quote:
DC at the Ridge You believe what you want to believe.
Oh I will, actually, when Whitewater happened, after Vince Foster died, I concluded with a huge lack of respect. And then what Bill did was inexcusable.

Then how Hillary Handled Bengazi....remember she got sick afterwards....which was a ploy to get out, b/c she was running for President, and Obama even threw her under the bus...

Quote:
It's not like you actually know either of the Clintons.
I could say the same to you, couldn't I?

The Clintons are owned by Corporations....and will do nothing good for this country....there has been way to much money invested into the Clintons....

Old 05-12-2015, 09:22 AM

Quote:

I could say the same to you, couldn't I?
The point is that you are always posting about how you are a "thinking" person, how you hold off on judging people, how you like to have all the facts. Except when it comes to Hillary Clinton? Whitewater was a failed real estate development. Period. Ken Starr spent years trying to prove otherwise. There is NO PROOF that it was anything but a failed real estate venture. NO PROOF.

Vince Foster killed himself. He left a letter behind that described his state of mind and the issues he had. He left behind a wife with whom he'd shared his depression and concerns. He'd received a prescription for depression medication just the day before. THREE investigations all concluded it was suicide.

But you, the "thinking" person who holds off judgement until you have all the facts, are posting all kinds of conspiracy nonsense, nonsense that contradicts itself, because your dislike of Hillary trumps everything else. That's not rational, and it's the opposite to the persona you ascribe to.

I've met Hillary Clinton many years ago, and I've attended functions where both have been present. I remember a young couple deeply in love. Bill was not faithful. Many men aren't faithful. But Bill and Hillary married for love, and if you'd ever seen them together, you'd understand they have a strong connection. They know each other, they can finish each other's sentences. They have years of shared experiences. If Hillary decided that their relationship was worth trying to save, that was her decision. And it's no one else's business.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The point is that you are always posting about how you are a "thinking" person, how you hold off on judging people, how you like to have all the facts. Except when it comes to Hillary Clinton? Whitewater was a failed real estate development. Period. Ken Starr spent years trying to prove otherwise. There is NO PROOF that it was anything but a failed real estate venture. NO PROOF.

Vince Foster killed himself. He left a letter behind that described his state of mind and the issues he had. He left behind a wife with whom he'd shared his depression and concerns. He'd received a prescription for depression medication just the day before. THREE investigations all concluded it was suicide.

What because you met them years ago, and they were so much in love?????
Please.

But you, the "thinking" person who holds off judgement until you have all the facts, are posting all kinds of conspiracy nonsense, nonsense that contradicts itself, because your dislike of Hillary trumps everything else. That's not rational, and it's the opposite to the persona you ascribe to.

I've met Hillary Clinton many years ago, and I've attended functions where both have been present. I remember a young couple deeply in love. Bill was not faithful. Many men aren't faithful. But Bill and Hillary married for love, and if you'd ever seen them together, you'd understand they have a strong connection. They know each other, they can finish each other's sentences. They have years of shared experiences. If Hillary decided that their relationship was worth trying to save, that was her decision. And it's no one else's business.
I don't think it was her decision to stay with him....

Politics is so totally out of our leagues, you have no idea, how cut throat it really is...there is so much money invested in these people by corporations, they don't own themselves any longer.

I don't believe Foster killed himself, it was way to coincidental....and as far as judging the Clintons, this whole situation clinched it for me....sorry, but we then agree to disagree....I'm so totally against the Clintons, more then any other politician I know, simply b/c they were under scrutiny for so long....

It's been a nice discussion...but remember when you are in the public, unfortunately, it is everyone's business....that is the way it is, not always fair, but reality.

Unfortunately, you have to research as much as humanly possible and judge to chose a candidate..

Foster, was indeed taking meds....actually a whole lot of people in America take meds for depression, but that doesn't mean they want to kill themselves or that they are going to kill themselves....Foster was under some very very very dangerous pressure, that would either lead him to prison or to tell the truth...about what he knew....I honestly don't believe he killed himself...and he knew a whole lot more then anyone can even begin to imagine about Hillary.

I'm sorry but your not logically looking at a much bigger picture....your passion to have a woman in there to me, is over riding common sense...and believe me, it happens, but you must remember, politics is a whole other world, then what we are used to....one that we know nothing about....

And pssst, I'm not always posting about me being a thinking person....and how I hold off on judging people...you might have read that in one of my posts, but I don't remember me saying, I'm a thinking person...

and you are correct, when it comes to Hilary, I cannot tell you how much I dislike her....for the lives she has ruined, literally ruined...and yes, her company was a failed investment, but it goes way deeper than that....and your not reading and digesting the information that I left for you, b/c the evidence that would have convicted her, was shredded....Vince Foster was the only other person who could have put her neck in a noose, and that was his most unfortunate dalema. That he really knew her well....honestly, I don't know how she can go to sleep at night...but she is backed by more money then you or I can even begin to imagine....therefore, her life is not her own. They don't want her in b/c she'd make a good president, they want her in b/c she'd make a darn good puppet.

Vote for her, I don't really care...if that is what makes you happy, go for it...and I apologize for upsetting you.

Honestly, I don't know any more if I will ever vote again, b/c I know how corrupt Washington and our country has become....

You don't have to convince me otherwise, and quit candidly, you couldn't.

So, we agree to disagree....

Old 05-12-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
I don't think it was her decision to stay with him....

Politics is so totally out of our leagues, you have no idea, how cut throat it really is...there is so much money invested in these people by corporations, they don't own themselves any longer.

I don't believe Foster killed himself, it was way to coincidental....and as far as judging the Clintons, this whole situation clinched it for me....sorry, but we then agree to disagree....I'm so totally against the Clintons, more then any other politician I know, simply b/c they were under scrutiny for so long....

It's been a nice discussion...but remember when you are in the public, unfortunately, it is everyone's business....that is the way it is, not always fair, but reality.

Unfortunately, you have to research as much as humanly possible and judge to chose a candidate..

Foster, was indeed taking meds....actually a whole lot of people in America take meds for depression, but that doesn't mean they want to kill themselves or that they are going to kill themselves....Foster was under some very very very dangerous pressure, that would either lead him to prison or to tell the truth...about what he knew....I honestly don't believe he killed himself...and he knew a whole lot more then anyone can even begin to imagine about Hillary.

I'm sorry but your not logically looking at a much bigger picture....your passion to have a woman in there to me, is over riding common sense...and believe me, it happens, but you must remember, politics is a whole other world, then what we are used to....one that we know nothing about....

And pssst, I'm not always posting about me being a thinking person....and how I hold off on judging people...you might have read that in one of my posts, but I don't remember me saying, I'm a thinking person...

and you are correct, when it comes to Hilary, I cannot tell you how much I dislike her....for the lives she has ruined, literally ruined...and yes, her company was a failed investment, but it goes way deeper than that....and your not reading and digesting the information that I left for you, b/c the evidence that would have convicted her, was shredded....Vince Foster was the only other person who could have put her neck in a noose, and that was his most unfortunate dalema. That he really knew her well....honestly, I don't know how she can go to sleep at night...but she is backed by more money then you or I can even begin to imagine....therefore, her life is not her own. They don't want her in b/c she'd make a good president, they want her in b/c she'd make a darn good puppet.

Vote for her, I don't really care...if that is what makes you happy, go for it...and I apologize for upsetting you.

Honestly, I don't know any more if I will ever vote again, b/c I know how corrupt Washington and our country has become....

You don't have to convince me otherwise, and quit candidly, you couldn't.

So, we agree to disagree....
Do you realize how contradictory your arguments are? You blame her for staying with him, and then you say you don't think it was her decision.

I have no passion to have a woman in office. I couldn't care less about gender. And I don't even know if I will support Mrs. Clinton. It's not me that is not looking at this logically. You have and continue to put forth contradictory arguments. That's illogical. You are positing evidence that doesn't exist, to support your argument. It doesn't exist. Whether anything compromising was shredded, you don't know. And she would have been convicted....for what? For investing in a failed real estate venture? It was a failed real estate development. Period. Vince Foster had nothing to do with Whitewater. He reviewed their tax papers after the fact. Tax papers that were filed with the government. In the government's possession. Tax papers that Ken Starr had access to, reviewed, and couldn't find any evidence of wrong-doing from.

Don't vote for her, I don't care. But stop making unsupported allegations about her. Because you've got nothing but your dislike of her.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:46 PM

50,390 posts, read 64,083,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Vagina voting is more prevalent than you think.

Meet the Vagina Voters - Reason.com
I confess, there was a time when I was young and politically unaware, when I would not need to know anything about a candidate except that she was a woman.
In the past few Presidential elections, many did not need or want to know anything other than that the candidate was black.
I am of the age now, when I must look at a political philosophy, and the character of the person running. The politically unsophisticated will always be voting for the wrong reasons. There is nothing anyone can do about it, but just hope that the informed voter will prevail.
Since this thread is about Hillary, I won't make the mistake of predicting that she cannot win, because I would have bet money that Obama would not have won the second time, but really, I cannot think of any good reason why anyone would vote for her.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I confess, there was a time when I was young and politically unaware, when I would not need to know anything about a candidate except that she was a woman.
In the past few Presidential elections, many did not need or want to know anything other than that the candidate was black.
I am of the age now, when I must look at a political philosophy, and the character of the person running. The politically unsophisticated will always be voting for the wrong reasons. There is nothing anyone can do about it, but just hope that the informed voter will prevail.
Since this thread is about Hillary, I won't make the mistake of predicting that she cannot win, because I would have bet money that Obama would not have won the second time, but really, I cannot think of any good reason why anyone would vote for her.
a very wise post, thank you for sharing....

I was the same as you, and by the time I voted for Obama, I was so hungry for change, and by darn I believed him, so that now, I'm more skeptical then ever...and really don't know if I'm going to vote...it's a game, and when My sister said to me, ya just gotta hold your nose, close your eyes and pull that lever...no, no way, that to me is the most unamerican thing to say and do...they give us no one to vote for....and I'm thoroughly convinced that both parties are like corrupt lawyers who scratch each other's backs and are great actors, but when it comes down to it, they appease everyone else but middle and lower class America....

over the years, I've heard people actually say, if a woman would run I'd vote for her?????? My God in heaven?????

but anyway, thanks for reminding me of those times when I was passionate and believing....

Old 05-12-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Do you realize how contradictory your arguments are? You blame her for staying with him, and then you say you don't think it was her decision.

I have no passion to have a woman in office. I couldn't care less about gender. And I don't even know if I will support Mrs. Clinton. It's not me that is not looking at this logically. You have and continue to put forth contradictory arguments. That's illogical. You are positing evidence that doesn't exist, to support your argument. It doesn't exist. Whether anything compromising was shredded, you don't know. And she would have been convicted....for what? For investing in a failed real estate venture? It was a failed real estate development. Period. Vince Foster had nothing to do with Whitewater. He reviewed their tax papers after the fact. Tax papers that were filed with the government. In the government's possession. Tax papers that Ken Starr had access to, reviewed, and couldn't find any evidence of wrong-doing from.

Don't vote for her, I don't care. But stop making unsupported allegations about her. Because you've got nothing but your dislike of her.
DC, please stop already....

I'm not blaming anyone for staying with anyone....I'm pointing out to you different situations...do you have any idea what I'm talking about? They are MY beliefs....and what I've gathered from Researching the issue.

I'm done, sorry, don't want to hurt your feelings, but I'm completely done with this conversation....we're at a stale mate, and you keep saying the same things over and over which prove you are unable to capture anything I'm saying....so...do as you wish...I certainly am not trying to convince anyone, these are my beliefs....

Old 05-12-2015, 01:02 PM

50,390 posts, read 64,083,206 times
Quote:
a very wise post, thank you for sharing....

I was the same as you, and by the time I voted for Obama, I was so hungry for change, and by darn I believed him, so that now, I'm more skeptical then ever...and really don't know if I'm going to vote...it's a game, and when My sister said to me, ya just gotta hold your nose, close your eyes and pull that lever...no, no way, that to me is the most unamerican thing to say and do...they give us no one to vote for....and I'm thoroughly convinced that both parties are like corrupt lawyers who scratch each other's backs and are great actors, but when it comes down to it, they appease everyone else but middle and lower class America....

over the years, I've heard people actually say, if a woman would run I'd vote for her?????? My God in heaven?????

but anyway, thanks for reminding me of those times when I was passionate and believing....
I think where we both are, regardless of party, is we want a fresh crop of thinkers and doers....Someone besides Hillary on the left, and someone besides the right wing retreads.

Crème, I'm just curious about what you thought, back during the first election, when Michelle Obama made the comment about something being the first time she could be proud of her country? If I had any notion of maybe voting for Obama before that, her comment was so appalling to me, that I could never have voted for him.

Last edited by gentlearts; 05-12-2015 at 01:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections