U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 06:52 PM

1,682 posts, read 799,118 times

Advertisements

Rick Perry: Donald Trump isn't conservative, he's a 'toxic mix of demagoguery and nonsense' | Washington Examiner

"Former Texas Gov. Rick Perry attacked fellow presidential candidate Donald Trump for his statements on border security and immigration. Perry took issue with Trump's recent statements and said Trump has a "fundamental misunderstanding" of how to secure the border and the role of the states in doing so."

Let's be clear; Perry was so tough on immigration that he allowed and endorsed, in-state tuition for illegals, and sanctuary cities, e.g. Austin and San Antonio. Yes, he wore a jacket and looked tough flying over the Rio Grande and talking with Border Patrol. But he didn't do jack to toughen border security or provide up-to-date textbooks for children living on the U.S. side of border towns. He was surrounded by crony's who did his bidding and he was skillful at appearing above that. Pathetic. And I promise that if he becomes President, he'll do the same.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 07:02 PM

12,373 posts, read 8,567,259 times
They are trading nasty barbs. Trumped tweeted out that Rick Perry should have to pass an IQ test to run for office. Trump is such a school yard bully type, he has no class at all.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:06 PM

10,574 posts, read 8,287,735 times
Rick Perry was quoted as saying:
"Donald Trump has a fundamental misunderstanding of how to secure the border, of the role of the states in doing so, and of-- uh-- um-- oops!"

Speaking of 2011 and Rick Perry, wasn't he roundly criticized by Republicans for not espousing sufficiently draconian measures vis-a-vis immigration? Oh, yes, here it is - he apologized for criticizing heartlessness.

Rick Perry apologizes for "Heartless" comment on immigration

But I guess he's since redeemed himself. And how better to prove ones immigration bonafides to Republicans, and to prove once and for all that, gol-dang it, you're as heartless as they come, than to pose:
a) on the border, with
b) machine guns, and
c) Sean Hannity?

My goodness! This clown car runneth over!

Old 07-16-2015, 07:09 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,098,465 times
I don't understand why Perry's even running??

Old 07-16-2015, 07:57 PM

1,682 posts, read 799,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
They are trading nasty barbs. Trumped tweeted out that Rick Perry should have to pass an IQ test to run for office. Trump is such a school yard bully type, he has no class at all.

He may not have "class" but he has no problem voicing his opinion. It's clear many Americans are sick of PC and are ready not only for the truth, but have the will to do something about it. I hope that doesn't fade......

Old 07-16-2015, 10:24 PM

11,758 posts, read 6,282,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
He may not have "class" but he has no problem voicing his opinion. It's clear many Americans are sick of PC and are ready not only for the truth, but have the will to do something about it. I hope that doesn't fade......
Except that we all should realize that "the truth" is in the eyes of the beholder. We don't know if Mr. Trump would actually do something about it, since his specific ideas to implement his big picture ideas are nonsensical and naive, to be kind.

Mick

Old 07-16-2015, 10:41 PM

10,829 posts, read 4,836,050 times
The mainstream Republican Party -- including Perry -- is just doing the bidding of Big Business and the U.S. Chamber Commerce.

They want an endless supply of cheap labor from legal and illegal immigrants so that they can depress wages and keep American workers poor and compliant.

It's all part of their plan to hollow out the middle class and turn America into a Third World country with 1% rich and 99% poor.

The only Repubican going against this trend is Donald Trump.

Whether he means it or not remains to be seen.

In the meantime, the political party that is supposed to want to protect American jobs and good wages -- the Democrats -- is doing nothing of the sort.

Old 07-16-2015, 11:02 PM

11,758 posts, read 6,282,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The mainstream Republican Party -- including Perry -- is just doing the bidding of Big Business and the U.S. Chamber Commerce.
Since Mr. Trump runs Big Business and works with the U.S. Chamber Commerce, I guess he is going to cater to his own needs.

Mick

Old 07-16-2015, 11:34 PM

10,829 posts, read 4,836,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Since Mr. Trump runs Big Business and works with the U.S. Chamber Commerce, I guess he is going to cater to his own needs.

Mick
You could be right.

At this point, our politicians are such cowardly sell-outs that I'll happily vote for the one candidate who loudly says something that isn't PC -- even if I can't be sure he means it.

One thing is for sure.

Trump doesn't need corporate money. He has plenty of his own.

Old 07-17-2015, 05:34 AM

49,369 posts, read 21,223,713 times
Perry was dissing Trump for his remarks on illegal immigration not immigration. Trump made no remarks about "immigration".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections