Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 04:10 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
I would laugh my ass off and love every minute if Trump was the GOP candidate. I don't see what that has to do with pointing out the fact most of this poll was taken prior to the flap with McCain over the weekend.
Would you still be laughing IF Trump became POTUS? ANY time an illegal alien does something like that Sanchez POS in SF; the "hate" against illegals WILL get worse and worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 04:12 PM

22,187 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Franken said the same damn things and you Lefties voted him in as senator. Stop the pseudo outrage.

Yes because comments someone makes as a Comedian Satirist years before they run for office are exactly the same as comments someone makes when they are running for office....

Old 07-21-2015, 05:53 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
I am surprised Trump is doing well in Iowa. His remarks about McCain are getting the air play but what he said about forgiveness and communion should be the story given the nature of the event.

"In addition to his statement on McCain, Trump also said he had never asked for forgiveness from God for anything. He referred to communion as eating a cracker. In other words, Trump sounded very much not like a believer to the ears of the average evangelical."

Since there is a large evangelical base in Iowa, I am surprised he is in second place.
In a President I don't want Mr. Nicey Nice, I want the meanest baastard on the block.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:02 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,934,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Very interesting poll.

If you click "Detailed View" on that particular question, it shows that 31% of leaned Republicans would definitely NOT vote for Mr. Trump. Among the independents, 61% says definite no. 70% of "moderates" say hells no, and get this, 84% of Hispanics says no way Jose. Proves wrong some of the made up theories on CD.

Mick
Summer of 1980 Poll Flashback: Carter 39%, Reagan 32%, Anderson 21%
Rush Limbaugh.com ^ | July 10, 2012 | Rush Limbaugh
Posted on 7/10/2012, 6:11:38 PM by Kaslin

Quote:
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: I want to remind you of some history. In June of 1980, basically the same period in the campaign where we are now, minus a month or so, in June of 1980 Jimmy Carter led Ronaldus Magnus 39 to 32. John Anderson, third-party candidate, independent candidate at 21%. Even into August and early September, Jimmy Carter was leading Ronaldus Magnus in the polls. Now, what I'm leading up to is that Reagan won that election in a landslide. Jimmy Carter conceded on election night before the polls in California had closed, 1980. The preelection polls into September did not indicate anything of the sort. In fact, there was not one poll that showed the landslide that happened.
I know it's Rush Limbaugh but in 1980 I was in my early 30's and I remember the election very well.

Three and four months before the election the democrats were celebrating because all the experts said there was no way in hell Reagan would win the election.

As it turned out Reagan got 50.8% of the vote while Carter got 41.0%.

Four years later Reagan got 58.8% of the vote against Mondale's 40.6%.

It is far to early for me to make a prediction, right now I hope it's Trump, but remember it's never over until the fat lady sings.

Old 07-21-2015, 06:33 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,649,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Summer of 1980 Poll Flashback: Carter 39%, Reagan 32%, Anderson 21%
Rush Limbaugh.com ^ | July 10, 2012 | Rush Limbaugh
Posted on 7/10/2012, 6:11:38 PM by Kaslin

I know it's Rush Limbaugh but in 1980 I was in my early 30's and I remember the election very well.

Three and four months before the election the democrats were celebrating because all the experts said there was no way in hell Reagan would win the election.

As it turned out Reagan got 50.8% of the vote while Carter got 41.0%.

Four years later Reagan got 58.8% of the vote against Mondale's 40.6%.

It is far to early for me to make a prediction, right now I hope it's Trump, but remember it's never over until the fat lady sings.

Yeah, that's right and she can't sing and eat those communion crackers at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections