U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 11:01 AM

35,172 posts, read 22,647,337 times

Advertisements

Donald Trump
John Kasich
Marco Rubio
Ben carson
Rand paul

Fox news can quit calling itself fair and balanced. They gave Sen. Rand Paul the least airtime and asked him about Israel. That is career suicide for the politician. Rand Paul went after Trump and gave fantastic answers regarding foreign policy. This is his strategy of fighting for airtime. Good job. Sen. Paul.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2015, 11:11 AM

16,380 posts, read 19,726,700 times
I thought Ben Carson was articulate. Although he speaks with a soft tone, he isn't boring and he doesn't sound like a fake politician. I don't know why Fox had post debate discussions saying he did the worst. Seems maybe Ben Carson is one of those that Fox is trying to oust (as well as Trump).

I agree with above assessments about Walker and Cruz being boring and too much political spin BS coming from them.

Kasich sounds very normal, honest, knowledgable. Not like a fake puppet.

Rubio is hit or miss. Sometimes he speaks too fast and sounds like he has memorized a speech and is trying to get it over with as fast as possible before he forgets it. He has been like this for a long time but is improving over the years but the fast talking, monotone is still present at times.

And he(Rubio) has a semi mean tone when he is doing this. Other times he speaks a bit slower and starts to sound like the words are coming from him instead of from a pre-determined speech that someone else wrote for him. But he still has a slightly angry tone. I think he is attempting to sound like he has authority and is trying to sound like he has his heart in it. But it is a rehearsed act and often comes off a mean and rehearsed. Kind of like a college practice debate class where the professor tells him "now say the same thing again but make it sound like you are passionate".

Old 08-09-2015, 11:56 AM

35,976 posts, read 36,051,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I thought Ben Carson was articulate. Although he speaks with a soft tone, he isn't boring and he doesn't sound like a fake politician. I don't know why Fox had post debate discussions saying he did the worst. Seems maybe Ben Carson is one of those that Fox is trying to oust (as well as Trump).
I gave Carson the debate and Fiorina the other one.

Cruz and Rubio (he didn't get the missing votes question and I suspect the TV audience still have no idea) sounded like they were making speeches.

Paul WAS having a bad night.

Can't remember a single thing Walker said so he must have done okay.

Jeb still comes across like Mr Rogers. He didn't get the lobbyist question (TV audience still has no idea).

Perry has trouble speaking but how many people watched the first debate?.

Christie sounded good but I don't know who he was hugging/kissing after 9/11 when he was in private practice at that time. I suspect the polled people won't know that. Paul didn't.

Trump: Man of missed opportunities. Lost out by not mentioning Rupert Murdoch threw a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton when she ran in 2008. It could have been his Newt Gingrich moment to stick it to the moderators when he was doing the wedding/Clinton response. He also lost out on the first question if he responded, "That's your opener? The question has been covered a gazillion times in the last few weeks. Why are you insulting the audience by asking it yet again?" Hire Newt.

Jindal is improved but the people being polled won't know that.

Kasich did well. Will anyone remember?

Gilmore for CIA head, Graham for Secretary of Defense.

The first national NON-Fox News poll will show:

Trump still in first but down some.
Bush staying the same.
Rubio moving up (not to my liking) past Walker but not in Iowa.
Carson will be up some but not change rank.
Fiorina will gain the most which will leave her around 10th
No change for Pataki or Gilmore.
Santorum might see a slight change.
Jindal and Perry treading water.
Huckabee slightly down.
Paul will be down.

Megyn Kelly's ratings may go down. Baier will come away unscathed. Nobody watches Fox News Sunday, anyway so no change there.

Next debate is in a few weeks so no need to panic.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:19 PM

9,730 posts, read 3,453,259 times
As per Chuck Todd on Meet The Press this morning, a survey by NBC News/SurveyMonkey (?), a poll of Republican voters were asked "who won the debate?"

Results were as follows:

Carly Fiorina 22%
Trump 18%
Rubio 12%
Carson 8%
Huckabee 5%
Paul 3%
Walker 3%
Bush 2%
Christie 2%
Kasich 2%

They also asked Republican voters who lost the debate. The results were:

Trump 29%
Paul 14%
Bush 11%
Christie 9%
Graham 8%

Finally they listed Current GOP Standing with Republican Voters :

trump 23%
Cruz 13%
Carson 11%
Fiorina 8%
Rubio 8%
Bush 7%
Walker 7%
Paul 5%
Huckabee 4%
Kasich 2%
Perry 2%

Fiorina really helped herself, and while voters in general and pundits liked Kasich, apparently Republican voters aren't buying him at all.

It may mean nothing, but I thought it was worth a post.

Old 08-09-2015, 12:31 PM

3,806 posts, read 5,526,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

Christie sounded good but I don't know who he was hugging/kissing after 9/11 when he was in private practice at that time. I suspect the polled people won't know that. Paul didn't.
Not a Christie fan, but I was in college in Alabama at the time. I was going on a second date with a girl originally from Ohio, and she was cousin of a victim of the attacks. If I managed to completely randomly know someone affected that far away my guess is virtually everyone in New York and New Jersey was just a degree or two removed from a victim. All that said Paul was right on the facts of that exchange.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:39 PM

3,959 posts, read 5,156,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
There isnt much difference between republicans and democrats... if you want a real difference you need someone like Ron Paul.

Look at the last 30 years or so, not much difference between which political party is in the White House.

Republicans hate in the name of God. Democrats show
compassion in the name of humanity. That's one difference.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:48 PM

52,434 posts, read 21,932,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Republicans hate in the name of God. Democrats show
compassion in the name of humanity. That's one difference.
Hmm, Obama has bombed 7 Arab nations since he took office killing 10s of thousands. He has had more troops fighting in the middle east than Bush ever did and 1000s of American soldiers have died while he has been in office. And in every country where he attacked, there is nothing but lawlessness, chaos, and 1000s of innocents suffering at the hands of the terrorists who took power in the vacuum left behind.

You might want to wake up, smell & drink some coffee, and quit sniffing that blue ink you seem fond of. There is nothing compassionate about that at all.

As someone already said in this topic there is no relevant difference between the Democrats and Republicans.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
This is why Trump is far ahead in the polls and destined to stay that way no matter how hard the MSM and political status quo establishment tries to engineer false controversy after false controversy against him.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:49 PM

106 posts, read 90,994 times
When will the next poll come out?

Old 08-09-2015, 03:14 PM

9,722 posts, read 13,922,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm, Obama has bombed 7 Arab nations since he took office killing 10s of thousands. He has had more troops fighting in the middle east than Bush ever did and 1000s of American soldiers have died while he has been in office.
This sounds pretty fact-free. What 7 Arab nations has Obama bombed? Iraq, Syria, ??????? Name the other five.

Old 08-09-2015, 03:28 PM

7 posts, read 4,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
This sounds pretty fact-free. What 7 Arab nations has Obama bombed? Iraq, Syria, ??????? Name the other five.
Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, Libya and Syria. Twice as many as Bush.

Countries bombed by the U.S. under Obama administration - CNNPolitics.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections