U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-09-2015, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Florida
25,605 posts, read 13,106,051 times
Reputation: 10324

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Trump would quickly find out that he can't work with the Senate or Congress. He would start issuing many many executive orders, more than any President ever because Trump is going to use what works. He's not going to play games with the Senate or Congress.

Republicans will want to impeach him but they won't be able to because he's in their party. Dems will have no control at all.
Love the line.. Republicans will want to impeach hm but they won't be able to because he's in their party... I laughed..lolol.. Today we have some weird things going on in politics.. Trump is not your average man..lolol
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-09-2015, 03:36 PM
 
9,722 posts, read 13,942,557 times
Reputation: 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Love the line.. Republicans will want to impeach hm but they won't be able to because he's in their party... I laughed..lolol.. Today we have some weird things going on in politics.. Trump is not your average man..lolol
No, he's not... and that's what makes this election fascinating!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2015, 03:40 PM
 
1,442 posts, read 2,359,087 times
Reputation: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Not that anyone needs to know what I think, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this country is in deep trouble, especially on a global scale.
Along comes this (what many call a loudmouth) man, who for once is willing to take the bull by the horns, and get cracking on fixing this country, and many don't believe he can.
We have all heard Trump say what is wrong with the country, and that he intends to fix it.
What has been lacking is just how he intends(if elected) to fix it.

Now, I can't speak for Mr.Trump, but on a couple of subjects, this is what I feel he is going to do.
He has stated "I will be the greatest jobs President this country has ever seen".
We are talking Americans going back to work, not foreign workers.
Many of you on this forum are much to young to know anything about government providing jobs for it's citizens.
Years ago, there was a program funded by the federal government , known as the W.P.A.
That program took people who were out of work, and employed them to build roads, bridges, tunnels, waterways etc, and did indeed get people back to work.
The income tax paid to the government by these workers helped to fund the program.
I believe Mr.Trump has this in mind when he says he will get people back to work.

This is just one of the ideas he is perhaps kicking around.

Next, on immigration, I believe he will, through executive order, instruct all states to call up their national guard, and round up all those illegally in the country.
This will be a daunting task, but, I believe under trump's watch, it will be done.
His administration will adopt plans for a guest worker policy, as well as new policies to speed up legal immigration to this country.

As for China, Japan, Mexico trade deficits, he will do away with , again by executive order, NAFTA.
An increase in tariffs will almost certainly make it impossible for foreign nations to continue business as usual with regard to imports.

Now the products will be made in this country by Americans, and for Americans.
This will put many more people to work.
We don't need the market flooded with more Toyotas, Hondas, or Kias.
We need American made , not imported vehicles , in this country.
There are many, many more policy changes coming if he is elected, but these are just a few.

Bob.
Wow - this is all great stuff - but the problem is I am seeing this from you, not Tramp. In fact, Trump has expressed exactly Zero plans on how he is going to make America great again, other than calling the present administration idiots (yes, they are), but where's HIS plan - specifics!!!!!!!!!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2015, 03:53 PM
 
371 posts, read 223,224 times
Reputation: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Not that anyone needs to know what I think, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this country is in deep trouble, especially on a global scale.
Along comes this (what many call a loudmouth) man, who for once is willing to take the bull by the horns, and get cracking on fixing this country, and many don't believe he can.
We have all heard Trump say what is wrong with the country, and that he intends to fix it.
What has been lacking is just how he intends(if elected) to fix it.

Now, I can't speak for Mr.Trump, but on a couple of subjects, this is what I feel he is going to do.
He has stated "I will be the greatest jobs President this country has ever seen".
We are talking Americans going back to work, not foreign workers.
Many of you on this forum are much to young to know anything about government providing jobs for it's citizens.
Years ago, there was a program funded by the federal government , known as the W.P.A.
That program took people who were out of work, and employed them to build roads, bridges, tunnels, waterways etc, and did indeed get people back to work.
The income tax paid to the government by these workers helped to fund the program.
I believe Mr.Trump has this in mind when he says he will get people back to work.

This is just one of the ideas he is perhaps kicking around.

Next, on immigration, I believe he will, through executive order, instruct all states to call up their national guard, and round up all those illegally in the country.
This will be a daunting task, but, I believe under trump's watch, it will be done.
His administration will adopt plans for a guest worker policy, as well as new policies to speed up legal immigration to this country.

As for China, Japan, Mexico trade deficits, he will do away with , again by executive order, NAFTA.
An increase in tariffs will almost certainly make it impossible for foreign nations to continue business as usual with regard to imports.

Now the products will be made in this country by Americans, and for Americans.
This will put many more people to work.
We don't need the market flooded with more Toyotas, Hondas, or Kias.
We need American made , not imported vehicles , in this country.
There are many, many more policy changes coming if he is elected, but these are just a few.

Bob.
Depending on who Dem candidate is Trump may get my vote. He would be the ONLY republican candidate and if he went independent again depends on who dem candidate is. If it isn't Sanders then Trump it is. I don't really care for some of his policies but if that is indeed his plan sounds awesome to me!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2015, 04:32 PM
 
Location: Lebanon, OH
6,344 posts, read 7,198,650 times
Reputation: 13445
All Trump is doing is making the GOP look stupid(er). I just hope Bernie runs as an independent and not Trump, where is Ralph Nader when you need him.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2015, 04:33 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles
7,021 posts, read 8,723,770 times
Reputation: 8803
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
Wow - this is all great stuff - but the problem is I am seeing this from you, not Tramp. In fact, Trump has expressed exactly Zero plans on how he is going to make America great again, other than calling the present administration idiots (yes, they are), but where's HIS plan - specifics!!!!!!!!!!!

What got me to thinking he may revive a WPA plan is, he mentioned early on that" our roads, bridges, tunnels, and airports are deplorable, and it is a massive undertaking, and seriously needs to be addressed, and soon".
He has stated that "we need to put Americans back to work, and I will be the greatest jobs president this country has ever seen".
This statement alone tells me, he in fact has a plan, but perhaps does not want to tip his hat until absolutely necessary.

Divulge his plans early on, and that would only serve to help the competition.
He didn't become a very successful businessman by being stupid, and letting everyone in on his future plans.
The same holds true in this campaign.
He would be a fool to let the others know his future plans for his administration.

We have all seen what letting the wrong people in on our plans ahead of time can do.
Isis is ahead in the battle for control of the middle east because brain dead Obama told the world our plans to remove our forcers from Iraq, and even gave a time table as to when we would be out of Iraq.

Talk about stupid.


Bob.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2015, 04:39 PM
 
1,442 posts, read 2,359,087 times
Reputation: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
What got me to thinking he may revive a WPA plan is, he mentioned early on that" our roads, bridges, tunnels, and airports are deplorable, and it is a massive undertaking, and seriously needs to be addressed, and soon".
He has stated that "we need to put Americans back to work, and I will be the greatest jobs president this country has ever seen".
This statement alone tells me, he in fact has a plan, but perhaps does not want to tip his hat until absolutely necessary.

Divulge his plans early on, and that would only serve to help the competition.
He didn't become a very successful businessman by being stupid, and letting everyone in on his future plans.
The same holds true in this campaign.
He would be a fool to let the others know his future plans for his administration.

We have all seen what letting the wrong people in on our plans ahead of time can do.
Isis is ahead in the battle for control of the middle east because brain dead Obama told the world our plans to remove our forcers from Iraq, and even gave a time table as to when we would be out of Iraq.


Bob.
I would still like to hear some semi-specifics, even if not details. So far it's been nothing. I can't support someone who has no specifics, which is why I am so not presently supporting any other candidate either, but I esp. do not trust Trump, as he's a manipulator.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2015, 05:02 PM
 
33,415 posts, read 29,799,297 times
Reputation: 19935
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Not that anyone needs to know what I think, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know this country is in deep trouble, especially on a global scale.
Along comes this (what many call a loudmouth) man, who for once is willing to take the bull by the horns, and get cracking on fixing this country, and many don't believe he can.
We have all heard Trump say what is wrong with the country, and that he intends to fix it.
What has been lacking is just how he intends(if elected) to fix it.

Now, I can't speak for Mr.Trump, but on a couple of subjects, this is what I feel he is going to do.
He has stated "I will be the greatest jobs President this country has ever seen".
We are talking Americans going back to work, not foreign workers.
Many of you on this forum are much to young to know anything about government providing jobs for it's citizens.
Years ago, there was a program funded by the federal government , known as the W.P.A.
That program took people who were out of work, and employed them to build roads, bridges, tunnels, waterways etc, and did indeed get people back to work.
The income tax paid to the government by these workers helped to fund the program.
I believe Mr.Trump has this in mind when he says he will get people back to work.
i think the first thing trump does as president is take along hard look at government regulation on business, and start working to eliminate many of the job killing regulations, especially on small business. that alone will open up the job markets because small businesses will start to open up.

i think once he has done that, then he start in on a WPA style plan, but he does it through the private sector primarily, not through government.

Quote:
Next, on immigration, I believe he will, through executive order, instruct all states to call up their national guard, and round up all those illegally in the country.
This will be a daunting task, but, I believe under trump's watch, it will be done.
His administration will adopt plans for a guest worker policy, as well as new policies to speed up legal immigration to this country.
partly correct. i think trump will work to seal the borders, mostly by getting the border patrol back t doing their jobs, and following the laws of the country.

Quote:
As for China, Japan, Mexico trade deficits, he will do away with , again by executive order, NAFTA.
An increase in tariffs will almost certainly make it impossible for foreign nations to continue business as usual with regard to imports.

Now the products will be made in this country by Americans, and for Americans.
This will put many more people to work.
We don't need the market flooded with more Toyotas, Hondas, or Kias.
We need American made , not imported vehicles , in this country.
There are many, many more policy changes coming if he is elected, but these are just a few.

Bob.
he doesnt have to use executive orders to eliminate nafta. all he needs to do is inform the countries that signed the nafta agreement that in six months the US is withdrawing from nafta, and that will be that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Then ask ford to make the cars in America, not Mexico. Do you know how many jobs these Japanese car makers create in America? Reason being: Japanese labors are expensive too cuz Japan is first world country.

You have to make America investor friendly.

I do agree, however, Japan should import more American goods.
really? japanese labor is more expensive that here? a few years ago when mazda went to the new generation mazda 6 sedan, they moved production from the flaqt rock michigan plant, where it had been built since its inception, back to japan. why? because union pay and union rules made it less expensive for mazda to build the car in japan, ship it across the pacific ocean, and pay the import tariffs on the car. so in the end by building the car in japan, mazda was SAVING money.

this is one reason why ford and other automakers make their small cars in mexico and overseas, because the unions here and priced themselves out of the market, and the union rules package make it more expensive to build cars here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Trump would quickly find out that he can't work with the Senate or Congress. He would start issuing many many executive orders, more than any President ever because Trump is going to use what works. He's not going to play games with the Senate or Congress.

Republicans will want to impeach him but they won't be able to because he's in their party. Dems will have no control at all.
i disagree. i think trump will work with everyone,as best he can to get things done. i also think that trump will take his message to the people and have them put pressure on their congress people to work with trump, regardless of party.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2015, 05:06 PM
 
52,434 posts, read 22,009,598 times
Reputation: 21046
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Haven't you heard? Unlike every other candidate we've ever had for POTUS, Trump tells us he'll solve all our problems.
Trump has not said that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2015, 05:18 PM
 
9,722 posts, read 13,942,557 times
Reputation: 3344
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i disagree. i think trump will work with everyone,as best he can to get things done. i also think that trump will take his message to the people and have them put pressure on their congress people to work with trump, regardless of party.
Have you been paying attention to how Trump operates? He doesn't work with anyone. He SUES them!

He would never spend time trying to cajole the senate and congress to do things with him. He'd announce his plans, say it's my way or the highway, and that's it. He wouldn't care what anyone says because he's not a politician and he's not worried about his political future.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top