U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 12:30 AM

15,092 posts, read 12,908,528 times

Advertisements

It's very simple, people. The GOP movers and shakers don't like this guy, and he doesn't like them. All this is going to do is open up a popular split amongst conservatives, basically cutting conservative election power in half. And the irony is that the more popular he remains, the worse it will be.

Don't believe me? Go look up what happened when a man named Ross Perot ran as an independent and attracted about 19% of the popular vote that would have gone to a guy named George HW Bush... and that's how Bill Clinton became your president.

So when Hillary becomes your next president, she can thank Trump in her inaugural address.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 12:36 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,586,832 times
Bahahahaha You libs can't take it, can ya. Just posted the Blowout lead for Trump, so you follow with this meaningless propaganda.

TRUMP WILL CRUSH illary. But, doubtful she even will be the Dem nominee.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:42 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,156,316 times
If you're pro-Hillary and think Trump ensures victory - why worry about the other side? Your worry about conservatives comes across as insecurity.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:46 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,586,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
If you're pro-Hillary and think Trump ensures victory - why worry about the other side? Your worry about conservatives comes across as insecurity.
It's always fun to watch the Republicans. I actually think that the Republicans want to lose.

Old 08-10-2015, 12:51 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,156,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
It's always fun to watch the Republicans. I actually think that the Republicans want to lose.
So let them lose behind the guy that best represents their beliefs. Romney and McCain were about as close to the middle as you can get and we see how that turned out.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:09 AM

15,825 posts, read 11,860,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
Bahahahaha You libs can't take it, can ya. Just posted the Blowout lead for Trump, so you follow with this meaningless propaganda.
Your "Blow out lead" poll is from 7 days ago - before the debate.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:09 AM

79,851 posts, read 41,724,320 times
Sanders is going to beat Hillary.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:10 AM

30,273 posts, read 15,037,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
None of them really want's to be president. What they want is the matching campaign funds and they're out happily. Love of money is why this country is in the shape it's in.

Trump wants to run a year-long Trump Enterprises commercial at taxpayer expense along with getting the campaign funds. Either that or he's a paid operative for Hillary. They are good buddies. It would not be in Trump's best interest to have a president elected that he didn't own, and he's been outbid for the GOP slate by the Koch Brothers (common pronunciation).

Bernie Sanders is the only one on either side who has a clear idea of what he wants to accomplish. I intend to give him all the support I can.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:11 AM

30,273 posts, read 15,037,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Sanders is going to beat Hillary.
I intend to add my grain of sand to the landslide as soon as I am able.

Old 08-10-2015, 01:28 AM

52,423 posts, read 24,786,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post

So when Hillary becomes your next president, she can thank Trump in her inaugural address.
Instead of fretting over Trump, the DNC should think about the state of their party when all they can come up with as their preferred candidate is a 70 year old woman whose only claim to fame is that she is married (in name only) to a President first elected almost 1/4 century ago. The youngest people eligible to vote in this election were not even born then, nor remember the Clinton presidency.

It's not exactly a comforting thought for those looking at dealing with 21st century problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections