Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 03:53 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I agree, that he is a formidable candidate, but as an actual President? I disagree. .....
So you think the only ones suitable for President are the career politicians? There are a huge number of people who think that IS the problem.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:23 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,352,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
lol no he won't.

He will get the job done and if anyone tries to play politics, he will put their name in bright lights for the world to see regardless of their party.
And you think any Congressperson is going to do what Trump says when he'll likely call them bad names and insults them?

There's an old saying - it's easier to attract bees with honey rather than vinegar. Trump, for better or worse, uses a sledgehammer rather than a scalpel when it comes to communication.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Trump also doesn't even have boots on the ground to collect the necessary signatures needed in some states to get his name on the ballot. He seems to think all he has to do is "win" a few public opinion polls and he's a shoe-in.
Exactly. Where are his local operatives in the states, going out to identify and corral voters? Remember that one big edge that Obama had over Romney and McCain was the ground game infrastructure.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:43 PM

20,036 posts, read 20,839,727 times
As of today, I think the only ones we're going to have to worry about taking on Clinton is the justice department.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:33 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,943,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
And you think any Congressperson is going to do what Trump says when he'll likely call them bad names and insults them?

There's an old saying - it's easier to attract bees with honey rather than vinegar. Trump, for better or worse, uses a sledgehammer rather than a scalpel when it comes to communication.
If Trump wins that is a clear message that Americans are fed up with political games and you better believe it if one of them blocks a vote, Trump will make it very clear who it is and I bet he/she will quickly change direction in fear of not getting re-elected.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
If Trump wins that is a clear message that Americans are fed up with political games and you better believe it if one of them blocks a vote, Trump will make it very clear who it is and I bet he/she will quickly change direction in fear of not getting re-elected.
If you really believe that, I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. Many if not most Congresscritters are in safe districts and would sneer or laugh at the thought of Trump scaring them. What they're scared of Trump NOW is not for their Congressional seats, but how he's devaluing the GOP brand. Unless they're Democrats, and they're just laughing and breaking out the popcorn to watch the freak show.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:21 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,943,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
If you really believe that, I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. Many if not most Congresscritters are in safe districts and would sneer or laugh at the thought of Trump scaring them. What they're scared of Trump NOW is not for their Congressional seats, but how he's devaluing the GOP brand. Unless they're Democrats, and they're just laughing and breaking out the popcorn to watch the freak show.
You are the very reason why republicans haven't done anything they said they would, continue believing the lies

Old 08-12-2015, 09:31 PM

114 posts, read 72,708 times
We have to understand that Trump is a successful businessman. He would not have been successful by just using sledgehammer in all his deals and talking thrash to his partners or even opponents. Evaluating him purely based on what he speaks during campaigns may not be the best approach. We should look at his antecedents in detail and see if he was honest, intelligent and has good leadership qualities to lead a government while being sufficiently agressive in getting things done. Because that is what we need in a President.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:45 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
I dont know how Republicans plan to win the Presidency when they seem to be trashing their own front running candidate Trump, Trump IMO is the only one who can bring a solid game to take on the Democrats, the rest of the GOP field have no chance and are just wishy washy career politicians who will change nothing but their bank accounts if elected.
Republicans have a slim chance of taking the presidency as it is ,A divided Republican party gives them no hope at all.

Old 08-13-2015, 05:52 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,387,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I dont know how Republicans plan to win the Presidency when they seem to be trashing their own front running candidate Trump, Trump IMO is the only one who can bring a solid game to take on the Democrats, the rest of the GOP field have no chance and are just wishy washy career politicians who will change nothing but their bank accounts if elected.
Republicans have a slim chance of taking the presidency as it is ,A divided Republican party gives them no hope at all.

We don't just anoint someone to be "frontrunner" and quickly close ranks. We prefer that there be a race for the nomination. I suspect that Trump was urged to run by the Clinton's to clear the decks of the GOP and then bail at the end. Much of his support is Hillary voters who are trying to skew the GOP race like the GOP tried doing to her in 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections