Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 08:01 PM

32,321 posts, read 15,261,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Old Testament or New Testament? "Probably Both".

Surely you could have done better than that. IF not - why claim the Bible is your favorite book?

He's turned into another political hack - pimping for the evangelical vote.
First of all I never claimed the bible was my favorite book lol I can honestly say I've never really read it. For some reason we weren't required to read it in religion class. And I'd like to believe god is all loving and good which is the new testament. The old testament has a god who everyone fears because apparently if you go against him you endure his wrath. So I'm not sure how you can believe in both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 08:05 PM

5,444 posts, read 7,041,661 times
To me, this is no different then every other candidate saying that they talked to God and that they were told they would be president.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:14 PM

587 posts, read 381,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
First of all I never claimed the bible was my favorite book lol I can honestly say I've never really read it. For some reason we weren't required to read it in religion class. And I'd like to believe god is all loving and good which is the new testament. The old testament has a god who everyone fears because apparently if you go against him you endure his wrath. So I'm not sure how you can believe in both.
Sorry to disappoint you but the New testament has that stuff too. You were raised Catholic so you might be only familiar with some text from the Gospels but if you keep reading you will realize God is not very nice in the New testament either. Sure he didn't flood the planet again but he is still giving them away to sin.

Last edited by Pulgarcita; 08-29-2015 at 08:29 PM..

Old 08-29-2015, 08:21 PM

609 posts, read 508,430 times
The real question is: Will Billy Graham endorse Donald Trump? Remember that he endorsed the Mormon loser, although Mormons and Evangelicals hate each other.

Who will Liberty University endorse?
Who will the Religious Right endorse?
Will they endorse an adulterer? A liar and cheater? Will they endorse someone who doesn't have a clue about the Bible?
How will these guys feel after endorsing The Donald? Dirty?
How will they rationalize it to their constituency? Will probably be the weirdest thing we have ever seen.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
Sorry to disappoint you but the New testament has that stuff too. You were raised Catholic so you might be only familiar with some text from the Gospels but if you keep reading you will realize God is not very nice in the New testament either. Sure he didn't flood the planet again but he is still sending sin to some people.
Not like the old testament where the phrase "the fear of god" was in every household lol And flooding the planet is no big deal. Look what he did to moses and the israelites. Dam, that was just cruel.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Not like the old testament where the phrase "the fear of god" was in every household lol And flooding the planet is no big deal. Look what he did to moses and the israelites. Dam, that was just cruel.
They do speak about the wrath of God. Read Romans 1:18-32. Most evangelicals know these verses very well.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulgarcita View Post
They do speak about the wrath of God. Read Romans 1:18-32. Most evangelicals know these verses very well.
I already said I never read the bible. Maybe a few excerpts but that's all. And I was talking about my catholic school upbringing where the nuns tried to control us by threatening us with gods punishment. They believed in the old testament.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:45 PM

79,910 posts, read 44,435,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henriInCary View Post
The real question is: Will Billy Graham endorse Donald Trump? Remember that he endorsed the Mormon loser, although Mormons and Evangelicals hate each other.
Your world must be an odd place.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriInCary View Post

Who will Liberty University endorse?
Who will the Religious Right endorse?
Will they endorse an adulterer? A liar and cheater? Will they endorse someone who doesn't have a clue about the Bible?
How will these guys feel after endorsing The Donald? Dirty?
How will they rationalize it to their constituency? Will probably be the weirdest thing we have ever seen.
My guess is that most will support Trump because they are just as corrupt as our politicians. If there is one thing religious people can do very easily is to adjust their standards when it is convenient for them. Now they changed their tune and say they don't vote based on religion alone. They will say religion is very personal but when they were making a big deal about gay marriage, contraception and abortion religion was the only thing that matter.

As long as Trump keeps saying the Bible is his favorite book and continues donating money to their churches these leaders will find a way to justify their support to Trump

Old 08-29-2015, 08:48 PM

7,791 posts, read 8,062,943 times
So some dumb idiot asked him a personal question and now the election is about the Bible.Look at you people getting fed and digesting it and spewing out what ever comes to mind.No wonder we have Idiots in power.You are led around by the nose and can't even see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections