Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2015, 06:13 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,718,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Nonsense. They simply call out Progressive dummies on their totally uncritical acceptance of people who have no intention of assimilating, etc... In the mind of a Progressive that means someone is attacking an entire race. It's so shallow and stupid that new words will need to be added to our lexicon to describe it.

LOL! I made no caricature. Unlike you I speak from actual experience. You, on the other hand, wag your finger and lecture others on things you know absolutely nothing about.

Do you also lecture your coworkers? Or are you unemployed?
You're the one who spoke about all Muslims, not me. Don't blame me for calling your caricatures out. Hopefully you'll learn to be more careful and thoughtful with your words. I think you could have a lot to share if you stopped behaving this way.

Funny the false assumptions you're making about me but I'm simply defending our nation's core values here. No religious test for political office. Done.

You don't get to choose what parts of the Constitution this nation upholds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 06:17 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,240,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You're the one who spoke about all Muslims, not me. Don't blame me for calling your caricatures out. Hopefully you'll learn to be more careful and thoughtful with your words. I think you could have a lot to share if you stopped behaving this way.

Funny the false assumptions you're making about me but I'm simply defending our nation's core values here. No religious test for political office. Done.

You don't get to choose what parts of the Constitution this nation upholds.

LOL! Ben Carson is NOT advocating a religious test for political office. He simply stated HIS opinion. Those are 2 very different things.

I thought you Super Smart Progressives were supposed to naturally understand these nuances? Why do a bunch of subliterate, stick eating troglodyte Conservatives have to explain it to you?

You can learn and understand that now... or maybe never.

Old 09-22-2015, 06:18 PM

57,378 posts, read 26,294,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
No, there's a difference. See, Trump actually IS advocating that we change the laws and not allow the children of illegal immigrants born here to have citizenship, and the argument can be made that that goes directly against the Constitution. People who critique Trumps policy rightly apply the 14th Amendment, because Trump isn't just giving his opinion, he seeks to put his opinion in to law, unlike Carson.

You'd rather he lie in order to try and get your vote? I find the blunt honesty of people like Carson refreshing, for once, even if I don't agree with them. Most of us are tired of politicians who only say, in measured, pre-planned words, what they think will get them the most votes. With people like Carson, at least we can be sure we know where they stand, unlike most of the rest.

No, when people invoke Article 6 of the Constitution, they aren't discussing his opinion, because the Constitution doesn't regulate people's opinions.

So if we're just discussing the merits of his opinion, why invoke Article 6 where it clearly doesn't apply?
Because he brought the constitution into the conversation, if he just indicated he didn't want a Muslim president that would be one thing. He indicated that in his opinion no Muslim should be president because their religion is not aligned with the constitution.

Old 09-22-2015, 06:26 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,182,122 times
hahaha, remember when the left wouldnt vote for Romney cause he wore special pants?

Old 09-22-2015, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
hahaha, remember when the left wouldnt vote for Romney cause he wore special pants?

EXACTLY. When Romney ran the Left was TERRIFIED that we'd have a Mormon president. Same with Huckabee... all we heard, day and night, were endless warnings about a Theocracy.

But... if a Muslim were to run.... well, they couldn't get to the polls fast enough to vote for the guy.

The Left is insane.

Old 09-22-2015, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Because he brought the constitution into the conversation, if he just indicated he didn't want a Muslim president that would be one thing. He indicated that in his opinion no Muslim should be president because their religion is not aligned with the constitution.
You do know that Islam, as it is widely practiced today, is incompatible with the US Constitution. You know that, right?

Old 09-22-2015, 06:36 PM

57,378 posts, read 26,294,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
You do know that Islam, as it is widely practiced today, is incompatible with the US Constitution. You know that, right?
No please share some examples of how the views of the many congressmen and soldiers that are already an integral part of our government are incompatible with the constitution.

Old 09-22-2015, 06:36 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,780,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
So would you be okay with a POTUS who promotes sharia law? That's what Ben Carson was referring to.
Do you seriously think that anyone running on a sharia-law platform would even get elected?

Old 09-22-2015, 06:37 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,780,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
You may not know if a candidate advocates Sharia until they're voted in.
There's a remedy for that. It's called impeachment.

Old 09-22-2015, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No please share some examples of how the views of the many congressmen and soldiers that are already an integral part of our government are incompatible with the constitution.
Name one Muslim country where women and gays have equal rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections