Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 09:56 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,740,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No, we have a Muslim in the WH and he did this.
You realize that by believing this your credibility on any other topic is null and void, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 10:01 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,835,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Whoa. I didn't even know he was atill running. No one ever mentions him.
And he's getting exactly nowhere.

I really don't get it. If Americans refuse to vote for a person running on a fundie christian platform (I think W pretty much spoiled that), why does anyone think they'll vote for a person running on a fundie muslim platform?

Carson is entitled to his opinion, but the fact is that none of us posting on this forum will ever see anything like sharia law in the US. What happens 100 years from now? Sorry folks, we don't get a say. Anymore than the people alive 100 years ago get a say today.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:03 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,252,310 times
Can anyone name a country where the population under Muslim leadership is prospering?

I don't understand the disconnect here with liberals and the obvious problems in the middle east related to Muslim leadership.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:05 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,835,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Can anyone name a country where the population under Muslim leadership is prospering?

I don't understand the disconnect here with liberals and the obvious problems in the middle east related to Muslim leadership.
I don't understand the obvious disconnect with conservatives obsessing over sharia law in the US when it's not even a realistic scenario.

I enjoy a good fit of outrage as much as anyone, but I do my best to limit it to actual events.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:11 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,610,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Certain aspects of all religions are likely unconstitutional. Off the top of my head is the discriminatory practices of the Catholic Church where it comes to women and being a priest.

Did that stop Kennedy from being the President?

Sorry but your wrong.... Catholics don't have a version of Sharia law which is intertwined.

Catholics not having a female priest don't affect the rule of law in the U.S.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:14 AM

79,909 posts, read 44,391,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Sorry but your wrong.... Catholics don't have a version of Sharia law which is intertwined.
That of course doesn't address the point.

Quote:
Catholics not having a female priest don't affect the rule of law in the U.S.
Nor does being a Muslim.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:14 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,252,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I don't understand the obvious disconnect with conservatives obsessing over sharia law in the US when it's not even a realistic scenario.

I enjoy a good fit of outrage as much as anyone, but I do my best to limit it to actual events.
Name a country where the citizens are prospering under Muslim leadership.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:21 AM

33,605 posts, read 18,258,324 times
Islam Watch - "Understanding Taqiyya ? Islamic Principle of Lying for the Sake of Allah" by Warner MacKenzie

The muslim religion is taught to lie and deceive other non muslims to catch them off guard or manipulate to get the muslim agenda advanced. Obama is a muslim and would never tell us that.. reason, he is using Taqiyya which is in the muslim religion that they are to denounce that they are a muslim even under oath.

Description of Taqiyya in the muslim religion...

The word "Taqiyya" literally means: "Concealing, precaution, guarding.” It is employed in disguising one's beliefs, intentions, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions or strategies. In practical terms it is manifested as dissimulation, lying, deceiving, vexing and confounding with the intention of deflecting attention, foiling or pre-emptive blocking. It is currently employed in fending off and neutralizing any criticism of Islam or Muslims.
Falsehoods told to prevent the denigration of Islam, to protect oneself, or to promote the cause of Islam are sanctioned in the Qur'an and Sunna, including lying under oath in testimony before a court, deceiving by making distorted statements to the media such as the claim that Islam is a “religion of peace”. A Muslim is even permitted to deny or denounce his faith if, in so doing, he protects or furthers the interests of Islam, so long as he remains faithful to Islam in his heart. (See endnotes)
Like many Islamic practices, taqiyya was formed within the context of the culture of Arab tribalism, expansionary warfare, Bedouin raiding and inter-tribal conflict. Taqiyya has been used by Muslims since the 7th century to confuse, confound and divide 'the enemy’.

Islam Watch - "Understanding Taqiyya ? Islamic Principle of Lying for the Sake of Allah" by Warner MacKenzie

Taqqiya - An Tactic of Lying, Concealment

Old 09-22-2015, 10:31 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,248,665 times
Quote:
Ignoring the due rights of American citizens which are granted in the Constitution didn't stop Bush from arguing he could do it.

Many cheered him on also.
I don't know what you are on about, frankly, but you clearly do NOT understand the Constitution. Bush has absolutely nothing to do with Ben Carson.

More importantly... The US Constitution does not GRANT rights.

It specifies the limitations of the federal government and, in it's Amendments, enshrines rights we all have NATURALLY. We don't need the government to "grant" them to us. The job of government is to PROTECT these natural rights.

Ben Carson isn't advocating violating the rights of anyone. He is simply stating that HE believes that Sharia is inconsistent with the Constitution. He is correct about that.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:34 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,610,191 times
Quote:
That of course doesn't address the point.

Um yes it does...No law out ways the Constitution in this country but under Islam shria law is king.
Wake up

Nor does being a Muslim.
The funnest part of this whole dust up is how d**b the left truly is....the 1st people's to be offed under Islam would be liberals lol. I don't see to many liberals,gays or woman's rights activists running around the streets of the middle east or Indonesia.

Message to all lefties....be careful what you wish for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections