Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 10:34 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Name a country where the citizens are prospering under Muslim leadership.
Depends on how you define prospering I guess, but Dubai looks pretty rich to me.

But that's irrelevant to my point, which is that the chances of sharia being imposed in the US in our lifetimes are probably somewhat less than the chances of a natural snowfall in Dubai.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 10:36 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,236,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If you are concerned about ignoring the constitution you should take exception to recent violations to the 4,5,6 &8th amendments. Maybe a Muslim president would be an improvement.
The federal government has been violating peoples' rights for quite awhile now. Washington DC is TOTALLY corrupt. But that is unrelated to Dr. Carson's statements.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
I don't know what you are on about, frankly, but you clearly do NOT understand the Constitution. Bush has absolutely nothing to do with Ben Carson.

More importantly... The US Constitution does not GRANT rights.

It specifies the limitations of the federal government and, in it's Amendments, enshrines rights we all have NATURALLY. We don't need the government to "grant" them to us. The job of government is to PROTECT these natural rights.

Ben Carson isn't advocating violating the rights of anyone. He is simply stating that HE believes that Sharia is inconsistent with the Constitution. He is correct about that.
As is probably ALL religions.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:43 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Depends on how you define prospering I guess, but Dubai looks pretty rich to me.

But that's irrelevant to my point, which is that the chances of sharia being imposed in the US in our lifetimes are probably somewhat less than the chances of a natural snowfall in Dubai.
Dubai isn't a country.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:43 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
It's just liberal PC run amok.

I hope Americans are sick of it and will elect Trump or anyone else who stands up to these bullies.
So Rafael Cruz is a PC liberal now?

Who knew?

Old 09-22-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I posted Carson's quotes. Tell me where I'm wrong.
I was referring to your comments about what he said. Carson isn't "un-American". that's silly, unfounded and a little unhinged.

And, because he's black, and you criticized him, you're a racist. THAT is the canned response the LEFT created whenever there is criticism of Obama. Now you get to eat those peas.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post

I know... it couldn't possible happen here ...

City in Michigan First to Fully Implement Sharia Law | National Report

Old 09-22-2015, 10:51 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,163,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Ben Carson wouldn't vote for a Muslim for President... Seems a lot of people in the media, and even TED CRUZ, want to invoke Article 6 of the Constitution, which states that there can be no "religious test" for prospective presidential candidates.... Too bad that this is a complete misapplication of Article 6.

Is Ben Carson advocating for a LAW that says Muslim people can't be President? NO!!!.... and that's the ONLY way Article 6 applies. It doesn't mean that you as an individual can't use your opinion of someone else's religion to inform your vote.

The Constitution wasn't created to regulate people's personal thoughts, convictions, ideas and beliefs PEOPLE! There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Ben Carson said. His personal beliefs wouldn't allow him to vote for a Muslim, much in the same way that most Liberals probably wouldn't vote for someone who wants to find a way to ban gay marriage, or outlaw abortion. Should Democratic candidates be criticized or asked to step out of the race, who feel that people who object to gay marriage and/or abortion for religious reasons aren't fit to be president? There's no difference between that and what Carson said, yet, if Hillary Clinton would come out and say "people who oppose gay Rights or abortion for religious reasons shouldn't be president" it'd be a WHOLE different story, wouldn't it? No one would be invoking Article 6 or asking Clinton to step out of the race, would they?

Has the whole world gone INSANE!?!?!?!? What I want to know, is when we became a country where people are no longer allowed to have an opinion that might offend someone? It's OK to disagree with an opinion, but that's not what's going on here, people are criticizing Carson and others for daring to even have such an opinion! It's crazy! What is happening to this country!?!? Is there any hope left, or is it too late for us?
We do not want a president who will impose their religion in lieu of the Constitution, no matter what that religion is.

If anyone running for president has views that are incompatible with the Constitution, and wants to impose their views in such a way that they would violate people's rights and freedoms, they should be completely rejected.

Sharia law is incompatible with our society, laws and way of life in the USA. That is all Carson was saying.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:51 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
I know... it couldn't possible happen here ...

City in Michigan First to Fully Implement Sharia Law | National Report
The article is full of crap.

Old 09-22-2015, 10:54 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,850,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
I support what Ben Carson said, and I agree completely with the OP. He has the right to his opinion and there is no constitutional issue with a potential president believing what he believes. Only if a law were passed banning Muslims from being president would there be a constitutional issue. No one is suggesting that be done. I personally would not vote for a Muslim who believes in Sharia law, clearly that entire system of belief is totally un-American. Also most muslims carry a chip on their shoulder toward our culture and nation. In short they are for the most part our enemy and It would be impossible for me to forget that. I will never forget 9-11, nor will I forgive it.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections