Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 09:39 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,309,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac_5 View Post
Pretty much - he is a voice to a subset of white people, without college educations, who make <$65,000 a year.
Hmmmm, funny how you make a blanket statement on who Trump represents, when myself, a black man, and a few other blacks I work with, all with minimum Bachelors Degree, all making between 50-90k all support Trumps candidacy to the point we wont even vote for anybody else.

You're part of the problem as one who tries to pigeon hole Trump into this champion for white people only.
And honestly, some people like myself wont even mention that we support Trump publicly because it will kill ur sexual life, but the guy will certainly be getting my vote on election day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 10:36 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,609,674 times
At least the "RINO's" are taking this race seriously and outlining actual policy proposals. Trump is using his popularity as leverage; that's it.

Trump is a sham, and the fast we all realize this, the better chance Republicans will have to take back the White House.

Old 09-23-2015, 01:06 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,090,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
At least the "RINO's" are taking this race seriously and outlining actual policy proposals. Trump is using his popularity as leverage; that's it.

Trump is a sham, and the fast we all realize this, the better chance Republicans will have to take back the White House.
I 'm not saying the Democrats having anything to be proud of either, but think about the idea that one of those eleven from the other night might actually be the nominee for POTUS! How scary is that......320 Million people, and we can't find even ONE who would excel at the job of being the leader of the free world.

Go through those eleven.....and think about them being the leader...President Cruz? President Fiorina? President Paul? President Trump? President Huckabee (with that woman from Kentucky in a Cabinet position?)?

The thought of any of them being in the White House is, quite frankly frightening.

Yes, I am sort of cynical, and wonder if we can pull back from the edge? So give it to trump.....it will make for some darn interesting times.....

By the way, the polls don't reflect it, but the gambling money (real money; not just "opinions") has a Bush/Clinton final, with Clinton as our next President.

...and you think the Republican slate is scary?

Old 09-23-2015, 04:01 PM

325 posts, read 255,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Hmmmm, funny how you make a blanket statement on who Trump represents, when myself, a black man, and a few other blacks I work with, all with minimum Bachelors Degree, all making between 50-90k all support Trumps candidacy to the point we wont even vote for anybody else.
Cool story. I would dare say you and the "few other blacks" you work with are a few standard deviations out of the norm (I am afraid to ask what you do for a living). If you do in fact vote with your friends as a unified African-American bloc, from the same place of work, in the GOP primary for trump, it would be the equivalent of winning $500 on a scratch-off lottery ticket (very rare but not impossible).

Old 09-23-2015, 04:59 PM

25,968 posts, read 22,154,119 times
Quote:
You can start here....

Donald Trump’s surge is all about less-educated Americans

You can also assume that I have a rudimentary understanding of inferential statistics, deviations, and the pitfalls of various polling techniques, and I have an idea where you fall in a distribution with your (most likely state College) educational background and income (you do live in fly-over country, after all).

Your political philosophy or interpretation of the Constitution really does not interest me - nothing important comes out of Kansas (unless you like teaching children creationism), we know how they are going to vote in the 2016 election, and if you had a particularly sharp insight on Constitutional matters (beyond carrying a pocket Constitution), you would probably be an Academic or actively important in the legal profession. I have a hunch you are neither.

What I am interested in, however, is inferring how the election will go and when it will go a certain way. There is a place where the math stops and the "art" begins, and even with this sideshow feed of angry people, I like to see what they think. Making form from the mess of math, history and an appreciation for political performance art is more of what I am interested in - not the hopes and aspirations of lower-middle class America.

Now tell me again, how is it a "fail" to peg Trump's support primarily to white GOP voters who are less educated, make less money and are more opposed to immigration than the normal GOP voter? And do you think this will "break out" somehow to an expression that will capture adequate nomination delegates? And from there - does it permit Trump to carry Ohio, Virginia, Colorado and Florida in a 2016 election (with a better economy than 2008, mind you).....
Sorry I have a new policy about wasting my time addressing those who feel they know more than the rest of us and those who insult others to elevate themselves. I just laugh and march on.

Quote:
Cool story. I would dare say you and the "few other blacks" you work with are a few standard deviations out of the norm (I am afraid to ask what you do for a living). If you do in fact vote with your friends as a unified African-American bloc, from the same place of work, in the GOP primary for trump, it would be the equivalent of winning $500 on a scratch-off lottery ticket (very rare but not impossible).
What? Might want to do some research on how a lot of blacks are supporting Trump. I realize that their incomes may not meet your set criteria or that they might be from the wrong state.............. Good grief!

Editing to say: "Make America Great Again" Trump 2016 See why others support him: http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...voters/401408/ and it looks like there is something for everyone that loves our country!

Old 09-23-2015, 05:22 PM

325 posts, read 255,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Sorry I have a new policy about wasting my time addressing those who feel they know more than the rest of us and those who insult others to elevate themselves. I just laugh and march on.
You replied to me, Bubba. Clearly I hit a nerve somewhere (unless you "new policy" really is that new).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
What? Might want to do some research on how a lot of blacks are supporting Trump. I realize that their incomes may not meet your set criteria or that they might be from the wrong state.............. Good grief!
I did a small bit. Here is an excerpt from a recent Quinnipac National Poll:
  • When asked "Would you say that Donald Trump cares about the needs and problems of people like you or not?" 92% of black people said no.
  • When asked "If the election for President were being held today, and the candidates were Hillary Clinton the Democrat and Donald Trump the Republican, for whom would you vote?" 3% percent of black people said they'd vote for Trump.

I even did a bit of math for you. Assuming the Hispanic vote breaks 70% Democratic (it broke 72%) and you keep 60% of the white vote (unlikely, as the 2016 Democratic nominee will in fact be white this time), you would need 32% of the black vote to win the election.

Trump stands at 3%. He would need 32%. The last GOP candidate to poll that high with blacks was Richard Nixon in 1960 (a bit of a different world these days).

We can talk statistical interpretation all day, or you can wait for the stats that matter on November of 2016. Either way, you probably are not going to like the numbers much, you will never see Donald Trump's portrait at the post office, and you will be hearing more Spanish spoken in your neighborhood regardless. Those are statistical certainties.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:46 PM

Quote:
You replied to me, Bubba. Clearly I hit a nerve somewhere (unless you "new policy" really is that new).

I did a small bit. Here is an excerpt from a recent Quinnipac National Poll:
  • When asked "Would you say that Donald Trump cares about the needs and problems of people like you or not?" 92% of black people said no.
  • When asked "If the election for President were being held today, and the candidates were Hillary Clinton the Democrat and Donald Trump the Republican, for whom would you vote?" 3% percent of black people said they'd vote for Trump.

I even did a bit of math for you. Assuming the Hispanic vote breaks 70% Democratic (it broke 72%) and you keep 60% of the white vote (unlikely, as the 2016 Democratic nominee will in fact be white this time), you would need 32% of the black vote to win the election.

Trump stands at 3%. He would need 32%. The last GOP candidate to poll that high with blacks was Richard Nixon in 1960 (a bit of a different world these days).

We can talk statistical interpretation all day, or you can wait for the stats that matter on November of 2016. Either way, you probably are not going to like the numbers much, you will never see Donald Trump's portrait at the post office, and you will be hearing more Spanish spoken in your neighborhood regardless. Those are statistical certainties.
Yes, it is my new policy. It was brought about by illegals and illegal sympathizers. The only argument they have is to insult the legal citizens of the United States that want our immigration laws enforced and to level the playing field, like it used to be before all the jobs were shipped out.

I encourage others to do the same. The constant stream of insults toward US citizens seeking to reclaim our country has gotten old. I always consider the source.

Do they have this one in Spanish "Sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never harm met?

Old 09-23-2015, 06:00 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,473,931 times
Trump is more of a RINO than any of them!

Old 09-23-2015, 06:47 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,309,691 times
Quote:
Cool story. I would dare say you and the "few other blacks" you work with are a few standard deviations out of the norm (I am afraid to ask what you do for a living)..
WHy be afraid, the professions of those asked including myself include cop, teacher, retail management and someone who works in entertainment.

Old 09-23-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
WHy be afraid, the professions of those asked including myself include cop, teacher, retail management and someone who works in entertainment.
I wonder if those jobs will be good enough that they will let you cast your vote? I am sorry, I just truly don't get this whole current line of thought. I think people doing all kinds of jobs like Trump and when you register to vote, you don't have to prove income, education or employment, well, yet.

I think income has nothing to do with who likes Trump nor the job one holds. His appeal is "universal".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections