Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think will get the nomination?
Jeb Bush 29 33.33%
Ben Carson 2 2.30%
Chris Christie 0 0%
Ted Cruz 2 2.30%
Carly Fiorina 5 5.75%
Jim Gilmore 1 1.15%
Lindsey Graham 0 0%
Mike Huckabee 1 1.15%
Bobby Jindal 0 0%
John Kasich 1 1.15%
George Pataki 0 0%
Rand Paul 1 1.15%
Marco Rubio 16 18.39%
Rick Santorum 0 0%
Donald Trump 29 33.33%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 04:17 PM

25,974 posts, read 22,164,069 times

Advertisements

Well, I based my choice on Bush because the GOP doesn't really seem to want to win considering the last two elections when they ran candidates that lost before the voting started.

IF they were smart, which I don't believe they are based on their previous losing choices, they would choose Trump. Personally, I would want to pick someone who could win so I wouldn't look like a loser myself.

Bush has already lost the election and it is 15 months away.

They should pick a winner. Trump 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 04:56 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,572,093 times
Lightbulb Who do you THINK will get the 2016 Republican nomination?

After the GOP has dumped Trump (it'll be very interesting to see how they do it) they'll go with one of the establishment boys: Bush, Rubio, or Kasich.

Old 09-25-2015, 05:03 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,202,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
After the GOP has dumped Trump (it'll be very interesting to see how they do it) they'll go with one of the establishment boys: Bush, Rubio, or Kasich.

Then Trump may run as a 3rd party/Independant and say because he doesn't like the Republican nominee.

If Trump has the support the GOP better watch out if they think they could just get rid of him imho.

Old 09-25-2015, 05:05 PM

11,558 posts, read 12,064,511 times
It's still way too soon; more will be dropping out of the race within the next few months. Maybe ask again some Spring.

Old 09-25-2015, 05:08 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,770,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post
Then Trump may run as a 3rd party/Independant and say because he doesn't like the Republican nominee.

If Trump has the support the GOP better watch out if they think they could just get rid of him imho.
Oh the GOP establishment is well aware of the problem they are facing. Cede control to Trump within their own party, or cede control to Trump outside their party. They will have a strategy worked out. Whether it will be effective is another question.

Edited to add - as for the OP, right now my money is still on Bush. But that could *easily* change.

Old 09-25-2015, 05:12 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,827,375 times
I figure the Republican Party powers that be, the money guys, will figure out how to run Bush out of sheer fear of Trump. This will be interesting to watch.

Old 09-25-2015, 05:31 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,349,417 times
The Republican Party which elected Ronald Reagan -- who helped to ignite the longest and strongest economic boom in history and put the Soviet Union, the last and worst of the blood-soaked totalitarian dictatorships of the Thirties, out of business (and bloodlessly!) was the usual coalition of business-oriented individuals -- from CEO's on down to simple farmers and Mom-and-Pop merchants, plus a contingent of people motivated by traditional and religious values, but not particularly doctrinal or strident. As usual, the Democrats' collection of economic have-nots and socially-disappointed individuals fought it every step of the way.

After years of drift by both parties -- the Democrats due to a healthy suspicion toward "Liberals". "Progressives" and/or "Social Justice Warriors", and the Republicans due to their inability to divorce themselves from the "idle rich" stereotype peddled by the class-warriors, and the baggage of the ugliest portion of the Religious Right -- we got Barack Hussein Obama; a candidate whose background doesn't match that of most Americans (the progeny of a Third-World "diplomat" and a burned-out Sixties flower child). Obama's credentials don't even match those of most African-Americans, FWIW, but to the Chicago gangsters who created something to pander to Millennials disappointed with adult life and responsibilities, and the leavening of LGBT militants, it was sufficient, And they could then tamper with, and subvert the Constitution via judicial activism and abuse of immigration policies.

The "Trump phenomenon" serves as proof that there are plenty of people out there who are disgusted with rule by a Left-leaning, Europhilic elite, but I retain my doubts because so many among them don't grasp that the domination of heavy industry by North America alone, which has been under way practically since the end of hostilities in 1945, had to end, and that a modest lowering of expectations by several generations who grew up expecting to much, was necessary. Unfortunately, the truth can be hard to swallow and there just no longer seems to be enough of us out here who recognize that you should enter a voting booth more concerned with what we have to lose than the egalitarian dreams promoted by the likes of "Bernie" (how chummy!) Sanders.

Faced with strong, and often unfounded, resentment toward Bush and the Republican establishment, and the tendency toward oversimplification and occasional vulgarity by the "captive embarrassment" of the Religious Right, I view some combination drawn from the pool of Kasich, Fiorina, Jindal and Carson as offering the best possibility of a sensible and balanced ticket -- and one committed to the tradition of responsible rule via the Constitution, as opposed to populistic rule by the mob. But it will be a hard sell.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 09-25-2015 at 06:16 PM..

Old 09-25-2015, 06:49 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,476,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lol-its-good4U View Post

Trump has already started that with Fox News "not treating him fairly." It's coming...

Old 09-25-2015, 07:33 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,910,950 times
I'm not even a Democrat and I'm DISGUSTED at the choices that we have. The party is doomed when the two likely republican nominees are Donald Trump (who I won't even get into) and friggen Jeb Bush... JEB BUSH!

The Democrats are guaranteed this election... I would actually rather vote for a Democrat if my only choices are these hateful biased idiotic trainwrecks

Last edited by MemoryMaker; 09-25-2015 at 07:56 PM..

Old 09-25-2015, 09:00 PM

32,095 posts, read 15,089,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
I'm not even a Democrat and I'm DISGUSTED at the choices that we have. The party is doomed when the two likely republican nominees are Donald Trump (who I won't even get into) and friggen Jeb Bush... JEB BUSH!

The Democrats are guaranteed this election... I would actually rather vote for a Democrat if my only choices are these hateful biased idiotic trainwrecks
I'm a democrat and won't vote for hillary. So I am disgusted as well. And we don't need another bush/clinton election. I can't believe this country has such poor choices
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections