Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think will get the nomination?
Jeb Bush 29 33.33%
Ben Carson 2 2.30%
Chris Christie 0 0%
Ted Cruz 2 2.30%
Carly Fiorina 5 5.75%
Jim Gilmore 1 1.15%
Lindsey Graham 0 0%
Mike Huckabee 1 1.15%
Bobby Jindal 0 0%
John Kasich 1 1.15%
George Pataki 0 0%
Rand Paul 1 1.15%
Marco Rubio 16 18.39%
Rick Santorum 0 0%
Donald Trump 29 33.33%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 08:26 AM

33,582 posts, read 18,196,748 times

Advertisements

We will see just how strong the establishment is.. vs WE THE PEOPLE..if Jeb and Hillary get the nod, this country is over. We as Americans are just another illegal with less power than them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 08:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Bush.

Republicans can't help themselves. They keep talking about conservatives, but always vote for luke warm mainstream moderates.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:44 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,818,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Jeb owns the GOP. He bought and paid for it some time back.
Sure, but that won't make people vote for him. He won't be the first establishment candidate to fail.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:51 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Jeb will be the nominee ..... and he may just drop out as soon as he wins that "honor"...
why would you say "he will drop out?" What would that prove? He may drop out prior the the convention bt not after.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:55 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I have about decided to do a write in for Daffy Duck. More qualified than any of the candidates we are being offered, and certainly more trustworthy than Clinton. Sufferin Sucatash.
I always have to laugh when people say they are going to do a write in. Most ballots do not even have a place for write ins. Who would you like to see if you don't like the choice we are being offered? I happen to think it is a very good group. For the first time in many years I feel we have a choice and it isn't the worse of or the best of bad.

We have a couple of truely conservative, evangelical candidates: a few middle of he road, a few who are completely anti illegals in any form, then the ones that are on the fence or want reform in a realistic way. We have outsiders, older candidates, young ones, sociallly conservative; fiscally conservative but socially middle of the road, and don''t foget the Libertarian that is a Republican? I really have no idea who you would want. There will never be a candidate any of us agree with 100%.

Right now, my bet is on Rubio, I think Bush will end up fading away. I like Carly but don't see her at the top of the ticket and don't know if Kasich can light enough fires. Trump, let's hope is starting his down hill ride.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:57 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,116,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MemoryMaker View Post
I'm not even a Democrat and I'm DISGUSTED at the choices that we have. The party is doomed when the two likely republican nominees are Donald Trump (who I won't even get into) and friggen Jeb Bush... JEB BUSH!

The Democrats are guaranteed this election... I would actually rather vote for a Democrat if my only choices are these hateful biased idiotic trainwrecks
I think Rubio has a pretty decent chance as well ... I think it's 50/50 between Bush and Rubio. Trump is on his slow and steady decline ... he will be out by Christmas.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:15 AM

3,407 posts, read 3,454,462 times
rubio will be the next president. why people say hes establishment i dont get. hes a 1 term senator, hispanic and has a vreat understanding of foriegn affars. hes almost all republicans 2nd choice and came to office as a tea party canidate. he will win.

i think he picks martinez the arizona female governor to be veep. 2 young hispanics and one a women will dominate those old white people on the left.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:25 AM

39,251 posts, read 27,650,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
rubio will be the next president. why people say hes establishment i dont get. hes a 1 term senator, hispanic and has a vreat understanding of foriegn affars. hes almost all republicans 2nd choice and came to office as a tea party canidate. he will win.

i think he picks martinez the arizona female governor to be veep. 2 young hispanics and one a women will dominate those old white people on the left.
well I have no problems with Hispanics, but are you selecting a community leader or the president of the United States of America?

Laughable when you say he is not one of the establishment. Koch brothers loved him, although Rubio always tried to paint himself as the anti establishment. Whatever

By the way, his interview on fox about Iraq war is embarrassing to say the least.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:43 PM

19,836 posts, read 9,402,929 times
I think the fix is in for Bush. The reason I think so is because although he has been averaging only about 7% for months now, from the very beginning, the polls I have seen seem to be set up like a Bush vs. Clinton race is a foregone conclusion -- and this is STILL the case even though from the time Trump entered the race, he beat Jeb in the polling by a HUGE margin, and even though Carson is now almost tied with Trump, and Fiorina is suddenly making a strong showing, most of the polls I've seen STILL seem to assume that Jeb is a foregone conclusion for the nomination.

I think that if Bush actually gets it, there will be very little doubt about who REALLY controls things in the U.S.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:48 PM

1,875 posts, read 1,329,087 times
Jeb vs Hildog 2016

enjoy your "freedom of choice" sheep of Merica'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections