Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2015, 10:06 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
This is like saying how many Muslims are terrorist Oh, may be 0.0000001%, but is that really the point because 99% of terrorists are Muslim. Of course most blacks don’t live in projects but of those who do they live in inhumane conditions. If projects were owned by private landlords they would be in jail by tomorrow. The other two questions are irrelevant to the discussion. It does not change how the rest live now.
No, 99% of terrorists AREN'T Muslim.

Are All Terrorists Muslims? It

I guess letting facts not get in the way of your beliefs is a habit for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 11:26 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,274,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
No, 99% of terrorists AREN'T Muslim.

Are All Terrorists Muslims? It

I guess letting facts not get in the way of your beliefs is a habit for you.
Read your own source. It says nothing of the sort. It is so desperate to whitewash Muslims that it has to compare the deaths by terrorism with traffic deaths and refrigerators falling.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:31 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Read your own source. It says nothing of the sort. It is so desperate to whitewash Muslims that it has to compare the deaths by terrorism with traffic deaths and refrigerators falling.
You've proven my point precisely by disregarding anything that doesn't agree with your dogma. Thanks for playing.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:39 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Now if Republicans were serious about attracting African American voters, they could become the party for aggressive enforcement of existing civil rights laws. They could fully fund the Office of Civil Rights, HUD, and the EEOC. They could aggressively support the expansion of the Voter Rights Act instead of aggressively restricting the right of "likely" Democratic voters. In short if they returned to the Republican Party of 1865 to 1877 that they constantly taut, they could very possibly change the demographics of their party. In fact if the Republican party vigorously attack discrimination in housing and employment they could possibly bring an end to free stuff all together or at least make a sincere argument against them.

But that isn't what the Republican Party is about.
The current "civil rights" division of the DOJ is a bunch of bull. Some of the "civil rights" that they're fighting for include for people to be given a discount-rate place in upscale neighborhoods (as long as they're the right color), for people to be hired for jobs that they failed the entrance exam for, and to be given home loans that they aren't qualified for. None of these things are civil rights.
But I agree that Republicans should vigorously attack discrimination. Starting with discrimination in university admissions that explicitly favors people of certain races.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:46 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Nope. The black poverty rate is somewhere around 25%. It's disproportionately high, but the average black household is not poor. I do believe the biggest group is working class followed by middle class but that might have changed lately, I have to look it up.

The teen pregnancy rate is at historic lows as well, and even then most of the births are to 17-19 year olds. Again it is still disproportionately high but no where near "most" black teens have babies.

The only correct statement you made was about single motherhood rates.
The median household income for black people is $33,000. That's pretty low. I used to make that and I lived on my own in Pittsburgh, a low cost-of-living city. And I was pretty poor. If you have mouths to feed? Fughedaboutit.
http://static5.businessinsider.com/i...22.26%20pm.png
And I don't understand your teenage pregnancy quote. So most teenage mothers are 17-19? And? Are most 19-year-olds financially equipped to raise children?

Old 09-27-2015, 12:56 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
And right on cue, Bush is complaining that his comments were taken out of context.

"Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush on Sunday said he did not mean to insinuate that black voters choose Democrats because they want “free stuff [...] Bush said he meant to say increased economic opportunity would allow African Americans to lift themselves out of poverty and off of welfare."

Jeb Bush defends

Gee, who could have seen him walking these comments back? It seems that everything he says is somehow taken out of context even when he is quoted directly. Are we really sure this is the "smart" Bush?

Old 09-27-2015, 03:03 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Basically.

Most black people aren't on welfare, ESPECIALLY black people who actually vote. It is the widespread belief among blacks that Republicans believe most black people are "lazy mooching drug selling welfare cheating bums" that keep black people from taking the Republican Party seriously in the first place. If you are asked about winning black folks over, I can't think of a worse thing he could say.

Per Capita as a %, where race is the determining factor..... No. It's not over 50% of the black population.
But it is higher than all other races combined

Old 09-27-2015, 04:05 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,138,698 times
When White folks get free stuff (like CEOs getting free perks, Politicians running for President, ...etc), they are said to be "smart". When White folks in Congress get free stuff like healthcare and stuff , they are said to be "smart"...

Most of us "white folks" are NOT ceo's or in congress idiot.

Old 09-27-2015, 04:42 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Jeb Bush says Dems lure black voters with 'free stuff'

JEB takes bucket of sand to the beach.

SC is RED and will remain RED for the foreseeable future. The combination of well off retirees, blue collar workers (except Blacks), church goers (except Blacks), and most professionals will continue to vote for the GOP. It's never going to vote for the DNC let alone yet another Clinton.

Black voters in that state, by and large, will vote for Hillary Clinton. In fact they will really be the only demographic to do so. So it really doesn't matter what JEB says, it won't change anything. He could have use the N-word without abandon as the end result would be exactly the same.

(BTW, SC won't elect another Bush either)

Old 09-27-2015, 04:52 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Jeb Bush says Dems lure black voters with 'free stuff'

JEB was speaking to SC crowd. Black voters in that state, by and large, will vote for Hillary Clinton so it really doesn't matter what JEB says, it won't change anything. He could have use the N-word without abandon as the end result would be exactly the same.
Yeah, because everything he says in SC stays in SC, right? Does he want to be the president of SC or of the whole country? It's like Romney's 47% remark. He, too, only planned on being the president of a certain segment of Americans; he felt it "wasn't his job" to worry about the rest of them. That didn't go over too well with a majority of Americans. If Bush was thinking, like you suggest, that hey, it's SC, so who cares what I say here? then he is even dumber than he seems. And right now he seem pretty dumb.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections