U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 09:49 AM

27,798 posts, read 29,391,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post

Powerful interview! You’re looking at our next president, right there.
Link to Gergan and Kristol gushing?

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 11:53 AM

2,345 posts, read 1,514,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Link to Gergan and Kristol gushing?

CNN.com - Transcripts

PROOF HERE, Jack

KRISTOL: And I give Trump a lot of credit for focusing on that in the way that you've got all these other elected politicians, they're supposed -- they take polls, they've been in politics for years, they are supposed to know how to appeal to people. How many have a clear message of economic growth as Donald Trump did in his interview --

BURNETT: And I want to emphasize again, and you and Donald Trump, Bill, have not gotten along.

KRISTOL: I'm not on his team, but --

BURNETT: It's a pretty set of positive things that you're saying, given that.

BURNETT: Now, Bill, you've been very critical of Donald Trump. You had a Twitter war with him. You've said you'd vote for third party candidate before you'd vote for him. But you are a conservative. This is a plan that some conservatives would love. It says, cut taxes, growth will be great and make up for it. What do you think of what you heard?

BILL KRISTOL, EDITOR, "THE WEEKLY STANDARD": Yes. It's a pretty standard republican type tax plan. We don't have much detail but sounds a lot like Jeb Bush's and Marco Rubio's. It's smart of Donald Trump. Donald Trump, I have my issues with him. And I don't think he should be president, he is a smart politician. And this lets him say, hey, I've got a tax plan just like everyone else. Let's get back to talking what I want to talk about. And I was struck in the interview Erin, that we didn't show that just now. But as soon as he gets through the standard republican talking point about lowering taxes, revenues, what does he say, we're going to bring jobs back from overseas, we're going to compete better with overseas.

This is going to make America great again. He goes back to what his -- I think his core message, which is a very effective message, which is an American nationalist message. That's really what struck me in the interview you did with him. That he keeps coming back to that, you know? We're not going to have these foreign countries taking advantage of us, we're not going to have corporations moving overseas --

BURNETT: Interesting.

KRISTOL: We're going to bring the money back home.

BURNETT: And Jeff, you know, that's the argument he says. That money coming back home, unlike when George W. Bush did, he says, this time it is going to create jobs. Obviously, many people will disagree with that and say it's not possible. But you say that this plan adds up and, in fact, you're equating it to Reagan.

JEFFREY LORD, DONALD TRUMP SUPPORTER: Right. I mean, you know, everything isn't Ronald Reagan, Ronald Reagan is not Donald Trump or Jack Kemp, as it were. However, this is certainly Reagan-esque in fashions. I mean, the top rates comes down to 25 percent. Reagan and Kemp got it down to 28 percent finally. And, you know, here's the point of controversy. When Bill says that this is sort of convectional republican economics, what he's really saying in a sense is that this is Reaganomics, to the extent that Reaganomics produced two decades full of low unemployment that the economy did take off like a rocket. The soviet empire was noted in the Wall Street Journal today by some of Jack Kemp's biographers. It was undermined. It really was quite a magnificent thing. Now, of course, liberals don't agree with this and so I'm sure and I think I've already seen some attacks out there on this. But when Bill says this is fairly conventional, in this day and age, that means that's fairly Reagan- esque.

BURNETT: David, Reagan-esque, you worked for Ronald Reagan. Reagan-esque? I'm sorry, Donald Reagan.

(LAUGHTER)

Ronald Reagan, yes.

DAVID GERGEN, FORMER PRESIDENTIAL ADVISER: Jeffrey is right about that. It is Reagan-esque. And I think you do need to do credit with Trump for one thing. We've been pushing him. Where is the substance? Where is your plans? He's finally come forward with a plan. I give him credit for that. It's also true, that I think it has a populist element. Thirty one million households, according to the plan, would no longer pay taxes. That's obviously, you know, attractive. But there are big buts here. And that is, does the math add up? Do the number add up? And not everybody on the right, the economists are already are calling this a fantasy.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:54 PM

27,798 posts, read 29,391,771 times
Quote:
CNN.com - Transcripts

PROOF HERE, Jack

KRISTOL: And I give Trump a lot of credit for focusing on that in the way that you've got all these other elected politicians, they're supposed -- they take polls, they've been in politics for years, they are supposed to know how to appeal to people. How many have a clear message of economic growth as Donald Trump did in his interview --

BURNETT: And I want to emphasize again, and you and Donald Trump, Bill, have not gotten along.

KRISTOL: I'm not on his team, but --

BURNETT: It's a pretty set of positive things that you're saying, given that.

BURNETT: Now, Bill, you've been very critical of Donald Trump. You had a Twitter war with him. You've said you'd vote for third party candidate before you'd vote for him. But you are a conservative. This is a plan that some conservatives would love. It says, cut taxes, growth will be great and make up for it. What do you think of what you heard?

BILL KRISTOL, EDITOR, "THE WEEKLY STANDARD": Yes. It's a pretty standard republican type tax plan. We don't have much detail but sounds a lot like Jeb Bush's and Marco Rubio's. It's smart of Donald Trump. Donald Trump, I have my issues with him. And I don't think he should be president, he is a smart politician. And this lets him say, hey, I've got a tax plan just like everyone else. Let's get back to talking what I want to talk about. And I was struck in the interview Erin, that we didn't show that just now. But as soon as he gets through the standard republican talking point about lowering taxes, revenues, what does he say, we're going to bring jobs back from overseas, we're going to compete better with overseas.

This is going to make America great again. He goes back to what his -- I think his core message, which is a very effective message, which is an American nationalist message. That's really what struck me in the interview you did with him. That he keeps coming back to that, you know? We're not going to have these foreign countries taking advantage of us, we're not going to have corporations moving overseas --

BURNETT: Interesting.

KRISTOL: We're going to bring the money back home.

BURNETT: And Jeff, you know, that's the argument he says. That money coming back home, unlike when George W. Bush did, he says, this time it is going to create jobs. Obviously, many people will disagree with that and say it's not possible. But you say that this plan adds up and, in fact, you're equating it to Reagan.

JEFFREY LORD, DONALD TRUMP SUPPORTER: Right. I mean, you know, everything isn't Ronald Reagan, Ronald Reagan is not Donald Trump or Jack Kemp, as it were. However, this is certainly Reagan-esque in fashions. I mean, the top rates comes down to 25 percent. Reagan and Kemp got it down to 28 percent finally. And, you know, here's the point of controversy. When Bill says that this is sort of convectional republican economics, what he's really saying in a sense is that this is Reaganomics, to the extent that Reaganomics produced two decades full of low unemployment that the economy did take off like a rocket. The soviet empire was noted in the Wall Street Journal today by some of Jack Kemp's biographers. It was undermined. It really was quite a magnificent thing. Now, of course, liberals don't agree with this and so I'm sure and I think I've already seen some attacks out there on this. But when Bill says this is fairly conventional, in this day and age, that means that's fairly Reagan- esque.

BURNETT: David, Reagan-esque, you worked for Ronald Reagan. Reagan-esque? I'm sorry, Donald Reagan.

(LAUGHTER)

Ronald Reagan, yes.

DAVID GERGEN, FORMER PRESIDENTIAL ADVISER: Jeffrey is right about that. It is Reagan-esque. And I think you do need to do credit with Trump for one thing. We've been pushing him. Where is the substance? Where is your plans? He's finally come forward with a plan. I give him credit for that. It's also true, that I think it has a populist element. Thirty one million households, according to the plan, would no longer pay taxes. That's obviously, you know, attractive. But there are big buts here. And that is, does the math add up? Do the number add up? And not everybody on the right, the economists are already are calling this a fantasy.

Do you know what "gushing" means exactly? I don't think you do. In fact, I'm pretty positive you don't.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Do you know what "gushing" means exactly? I don't think you do. In fact, I'm pretty positive you don't.
Yeah, I KNOW !!

And I KNOW what these mean, jack. >

Old 09-29-2015, 01:44 PM

17,774 posts, read 7,431,172 times
Well, there is one person gushing on this thread, anyway...

Old 09-29-2015, 01:46 PM

77,805 posts, read 94,796,340 times
Quote:
Donald Trump, interviewed by Erin Burnett Tonight on Burnett's show on CNN, received high marks and approval from 2 of his most ardent enemies, Bill Kristol and CNN and former Prez Reagan Adviser, David Gergin.

Just a week ago both these men were trashing Trump as a non threat to win GOP nomination. After hearing a smooth, eloquent Trump explain his positions on issues many, Tax, Foreign policy, etc. both Kristol and Gergin said Trump is on to something...and likened Trump, Hold your britches, Mildred....to Bill Clinton, in style, being very smart as they claim Clinton was, and very good as a on the job learner of political appeal.

That has stunned many observers. What does this mean? Interesting

Now, even FOX NEWS Trump critics are agreeable and like Trump's Tax plan. Roger Stone says this Spark will propel Trump to the GOP Nomination.
This is all fine and good, but David Gergin wasn't a real Reagan guy even if he was a so called advisor. He was a turn coat at best. As for Bill Crystal his days are numbered and he seems to be pushing someone different every week. He was the one in 2012 that was so sure Christi would get into the race. He claimed he had first hand information. For those who do not like Trump, be excited these two are leaning his way. They certainly are not going to help him one bit. BTW, overall the FOX team does not really like Trumps plan. A fe might, heck a few support him, which is their right. It is good to see they do not all think alike.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Go TRUMP
I meant to ask you this yesterday? Is the a sporting event or an election? "Go Trump" sounds like a sporting event.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
As I was flipping through channels last night - the 5 was on and I heard Trump's name - Eric Bolling was saying he really liked Trump's tax plan.

Now I know that there has been one poster who keeps saying that Obama has been trying to pass tax revisions for years without success, I haven't heard about them - but if that were true - he had 2 years where he could have done just about anything he wanted and didn't - he was too wrapped up in Obama care.
Yes, you are right, Eric did say that. He is pretty much a Trump supporter or he appears to be. It has seeed that way for about a month now.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Do they still have a token liberal since they fired Bob Beckel?
yep they switch from Juan to Geraldo and sometimes a gal that is a domocrat statigist.

MTQ, worst or best on TV is an opinion, not a fact. There is a difference. It may not be your cup of tea but it is the most popular program in its time slot.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yep they switch from Juan to Geraldo and sometimes a gal that is a domocrat statigist.

MTQ, worst or best on TV is an opinion, not a fact. There is a difference. It may not be your cup of tea but it is the most popular program in its time slot.

LOL Miss nikita, you do make it interesting, ha. GO TRUMP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections