Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 10:08 AM

18,982 posts, read 9,133,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Her rise came in the old Ma Bell monopoly which didn't have to compete to stay in business and she benefited from a program to push women to positions whether they deserved to be there or not. So they break up Ma Bell and she is forced into real world. Her team ruined Lucent (formerly Bell Laboratories & Western Electric) and she jumped ship to HP where she paid herself big bucks, laid off 10s of 10000s, and got forced out by her own Board.

So under her helm 3 great icons of American business, manufacturing and technology, Hewlett Packard, Bell Telephone Laboratories & Western Electric, were laid to waste. And she got rich from doing it.

So if you had to find a modern day Wicked Witch of the West, she is it. The only thing missing are the evil flying monkeys & bats. Based on this, this woman would be a disaster at running the USA at the President's helm.
I don't often agree with you but you are spot on here. Add to that the fact that she is a compulsive liar who doubles down on her lies even when she is caught dead to rights. So while the OP is right that she is not a nice person, there are so many reasons not to vote for her before you even get to the nice factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 10:09 AM

9,477 posts, read 14,442,120 times
Nice is negative.

The nation, any nation, a ruler, any ruler, has to be vile, arrogant, a blowhard, steely and icy - a reflection of a necessary side of human character in a hostile environment - and so also deliver in terms of security and order and, in a word, justice.

In fact, the Carly Fiorina's most admirable traits are her steeliness and iciness. Not so sure about her policy message, though.

And it's a shame too, because she could be an inspirational leader like Margaret Thatcher, still the best man we've got on either side of the Atlantic, by far.

In short, I like the messenger, but not the message.

With Donald Trump, it's the other way around. For me at least. He is a quintessential New Yorker first and foremost and I understand him.

But I can also understand that most people cannot get past the vileness and arrogance to hear the policy message, which otherwise may indeed be worth a try.

And it's a shame too.

So in the end we'll probably get bushclinclintbushed, and that's probably what we deserve because we can't agree on an alternative.

Whatever. I'll be fine either way.

Good Luck!

Old 09-29-2015, 10:11 AM

3,830 posts, read 5,405,136 times
Just another totally ridiculous discussion.

Hillary Rotten Clinton is the MOST unlikeable candidate in this election cycle and yet Dems continue to pretend that people are going to vote for her. So, let's trash this "likeability" factor, eh?

Klein: The Obamas Don't Want To Turn The Democratic Party Over To The Clintons... - Fox Nation

Old 09-29-2015, 10:12 AM

677 posts, read 657,152 times
Quote:
Her rise came in the old Ma Bell monopoly which didn't have to compete to stay in business and she benefited from a program to push women to positions whether they deserved to be there or not. So they break up Ma Bell and she is forced into real world. Her team ruined Lucent (formerly Bell Laboratories & Western Electric) and she jumped ship to HP where she paid herself big bucks, laid off 10s of 10000s, and got forced out by her own Board.

So under her helm 3 great icons of American business, manufacturing and technology, Hewlett Packard, Bell Telephone Laboratories & Western Electric, were laid to waste. And she got rich from doing it.

So if you had to find a modern day Wicked Witch of the West, she is it. The only thing missing are the evil flying monkeys & bats. Based on this, this woman would be a disaster at running the USA at the President's helm.
This ... a million times this ...

Old 09-29-2015, 10:20 AM

39,504 posts, read 27,870,267 times
Quote:

agreed

Old 09-29-2015, 10:24 AM

24,224 posts, read 15,285,786 times
[quote=Teak;41376126]Just another totally ridiculous discussion.

Hillary Rotten Clinton is the MOST unlikeable candidate in this election cycle and yet Dems continue to pretend that people are going to vote for her. So, let's trash this "likeability" factor, eh?

Klein: The Obamas Don't Want To Turn The Democratic Party Over To The Clintons... - Fox Nation[/QUOTE

^^^^^
This is pots and kettles.

One needs to be at least a semi sociopath to run a business in the USA these days.

When the business schools said there was a difference between personal ethics and business ethics we started going downhill.

Running any kind of government, local, county, state, etc. is not like running a business. They are totally a different thing. I've never understood the folks who equate the two.

Lots of folks are down on the way governments are run. They should be down on themselves for being unable to see through the BS and electing incompetents.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:39 AM

well, I only agree with her because she endorses waterboarding 'to get information'. If that makes her and I bad people, oh well.

To answer op's question, no you don't need to be a nice person in order to lead the free world. But you need to be an honest and consistent person in your politics. You also need to show success of what you have done.

OP doesn't want to discuss her record, it is not really fair. Her biggest achievement, becoming the first woman to run Hewlett-Packard, is widely regarded as a disaster.

To be fair, her tenure overlapped with the end of the dot-com bubble, and a lot of tech companies had similar stock price drops during that period as well. But HP's stock performance was worse than other big tech companies, such as Cisco, Intel, Microsoft, and Oracle, during her tenure.

Meanwhile, Fiorina's pay continued to be handsome: All told, she made about $100 million.

She wants to brand herself as an anti-establishment, she also wants others to believe she doesn't play the "gender card."

Too bad, there are a lot of smart folks out there who just don't believe her.

Like Kitty said, she is a witch.

I have to give her some credit though, she didn't yell and scream "bloody murder" because Trump called her ugly, she handled herself quite well. Why would she complain? She did attack Boxer because her hair was so yesterday. LOL

Edit: I don't believe a woman should be the president of the Untied States of America for many different reasons, just like I don't believe women should be put in combat zone. Just my humble opinion. =)

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 09-29-2015 at 10:47 AM..

Old 09-29-2015, 10:45 AM

12,088 posts, read 5,976,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Both Kennedy and Reagan were not nice, they only played a nice person in front of the camera. Don't confuse that with the face everyone needs to have on the campaign trail. Both of these mean were blunt and mean when it came down to it. The Carly (or any other candidate) you see outside the campaign trail will naturally be different. As for Corporate meaness - nice people get eaten for lunch (ask Trump).

Both men had charisma and knew when to use it. If you and I had a meeting and right from the get go - you perceive me to be a total b*** - 10-1 - you won't work with me because I've turned you off. You'd probably think to yourself - Who the h*ll does she think she is? You can still be a strong leader by having a favorable personality and being tough when you need to.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:47 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,613,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killing time View Post
Fiorina isn't a "nice person," should that make any difference?
nice gals/guys finish last ----if we expect this chick to slam military general officers or give Putin a tongue lashing when needed, she needs a mean side to her, imo.....it's a man's world afterall......right now I'm leaning toward JEB! but one thing that kind of bothers me is that he's rather nice and doesn't seem to have much of a backbone.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:49 AM

Well, just being a Bit*ch doesn't work in real world either.

She thinks Russia is a bad actor and we shouldn't be talking to Putin. Duh, and she should be trusted with nuclear weapon. I think not.

She should run office in Israel already.

Mr. Trump nailed it again, who would be voting for that face? That angry face of hers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections