Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 07:58 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,399,426 times

Advertisements

What she represents is repulsive to the well-being of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 08:05 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,551,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Good post: I can think of a lot of the candidates that certainly would not win on looks. I can also think of a few leaders in other countries that need to see a plastic surgeon if looks are so important.
I remember one of the Pundits on some talk show years ago . . . was joking that "Politics is like Hollywood for ugly people". Of course he was joking and it was funny but . . truth is . . MOST of them do not look like movie stars and that should NOT be a criteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
What she represents is repulsive to the well-being of this country.
Her record at HP was truly horrendous. If that's the kind of job she did as CEO - she certainly has no business running our country. She is fast on her feet and does very well at 'spinning' how she performed as a CEO but business analysts say otherwise.

Then there is that PP tape that she has doubled down on but . . the fact is. . that the things she SAID she saw and heard do not exist on any planned parenthood tape.

The tape HER people produced - has no sound so obviously there is no one in the background saying anything about 'harvesting the brain'.

Yet . she cannot admit that she was wrong - ever.

Old 09-30-2015, 08:05 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,124,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I also think that the leader of a decent and good country must be decent and good at heart.
Voting for a Democrat or Independent, I take it.

Mick

Old 09-30-2015, 09:28 AM

6,265 posts, read 5,075,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Are we applying the same standards to Democratic candidates? What about Hillary Clinton? Is she nice? Clearly not. Should that make any difference?
Usually the point of threads these days is not the actual point that appears to be made by the OPs. Clinton has a "niceness deficit" - hence the pointing out that Fiorina is not "nice". Kinda like the Ds yesterday calling the questions about the PP director salary misogyny . If you're accusing the Rs of being mean to a woman you're not talking about whether or not PP should continue to receive public money. Deflection. Misdirection. Change the subject. Point out that another woman has a niceness deficit as well. It's all just a stupid, useless, energy consuming, change-the-subject waste of time.

Work the problem, or keep spinning your wheels. Take your choice.

Old 09-30-2015, 09:37 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,088,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Usually the point of threads these days is not the actual point that appears to be made by the OPs. Clinton has a "niceness deficit" - hence the pointing out that Fiorina is not "nice". Kinda like the Ds yesterday calling the questions about the PP director salary misogyny . If you're accusing the Rs of being mean to a woman you're not talking about whether or not PP should continue to receive public money. Deflection. Misdirection. Change the subject. Point out that another woman has a niceness deficit as well. It's all just a stupid, useless, energy consuming, change-the-subject waste of time.

Work the problem, or keep spinning your wheels. Take your choice.
Where do you get that this is about Hillary Clinton? Many of us who have watched Fiorina in the debates and on the talk show circuit have come to the conclusion that she has a caustic personality. Nothing to do with Hillary, except that you are using Hillary to deflect from Carly's lack of "niceness." A bit of "deflection and misdirection and change of subject" to take the focus off of Fiorina, kind of like you are accusing the left of doing in the PP hearings, eh?

Old 09-30-2015, 09:48 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times
well if I must vote for a donkey in order to save my life, then I would go with Bernie Sanders. (if being nice is one of the requirement)

Bernie Sanders is an angry but nice, compassionate old person, Hillary Clinton is a criminal. Too many here just can't see the differences between the two.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:30 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,178,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well if I must vote for a donkey in order to save my life, then I would go with Bernie Sanders. (if being nice is one of the requirement)

Bernie Sanders is an angry but nice, compassionate old person, Hillary Clinton is a criminal. Too many here just can't see the differences between the two.
Hillary isn't a criminal.

What is criminal is that you have Republican congressmen using taxpayer money to launch political attacks against her. McCarthy Connects Clinton Poll Drop With House Benghazi Probe - Washington Wire - WSJ

Old 09-30-2015, 05:45 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,639,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Hillary isn't a criminal.

What is criminal is that you have Republican congressmen using taxpayer money to launch political attacks against her. McCarthy Connects Clinton Poll Drop With House Benghazi Probe - Washington Wire - WSJ
I respect your opinion, but obviously, you and i have different moral standard.

Just remember, The four Americans who died during that attack were: U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens; information management officer Sean Smith; and two security officers who were former Navy SEALs, Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.

These people have people love them very much, these people have families, friends too.

If you must go with a donkey, go with Bernie. People call him Bernie for a reason. He is genuinely a good person.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:39 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,070,744 times
Well, this is a thinly disguised smear the candidate post; sung to different tune with some catchy lyrics. It is the same though. If a candidate can get the job done, which requires toughness, resolve and an absolute focus on winning, then I support her or him. The rest comes out the posterior of a bull.

I remain in support of whichever candidate can paint the White House red. Much like I suspect nmnita does, though I am not her official spokesperson.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:52 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,234,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Well, this is a thinly disguised smear the candidate post; sung to different tune with some catchy lyrics. It is the same though. If a candidate can get the job done, which requires toughness, resolve and an absolute focus on winning, then I support her or him. The rest comes out the posterior of a bull.

I remain in support of whichever candidate can paint the White House red. Much like I suspect nmnita does, though I am not her official spokesperson.
But they're all the same now. To me, the only choice is a nonpolitician or I'm not voting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections