Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2015, 10:20 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,081,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Im curious as to why Trump stopped the whole birther thing with Cruz? Just in March of this year, he was calling into question Cruz's eligibility, now suddenly he is quiet. He says the president isnt legitimate who was actually born here, but now nothing about the person who was actually not born here, both of which are eligible.

well were is Trump's wifey from?

Old 10-01-2015, 10:25 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I shall make a prediction about Senator Rafael Edward Cruz.

I have puzzled over why Mr. Trump has not 'gone after' Senator Rafael Edward Cruz, and vise versa. I believe it is a distinct possibility that Mr. Trump will chose Senator Rafael Edward Cruz to be his Vice President (part of the rationale: to ensure Texas in the election, although Texas is probably pretty well assured already).

Should Mr. Trump then win the presidency, he will serve for two years and then resign, saying that he has achieved all that he set out to do ("America is great again!"). Rafael Edward Cruz shall then become President.

I have not yet figured out whom the new President will then ask to be his vice president (if I recall from the Nixon-Ford period, the Senate must confirm in such a situation).

???

The election is decided by swing states. Ohio & Florida. He needs those two states to win. Texas isn't going to vote for Hillary or Bernie.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:19 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
???

The election is decided by swing states. Ohio & Florida. He needs those two states to win. Texas isn't going to vote for Hillary or Bernie.

I tend to agree. Note that I was providing what I believe Mr. Trump will give, in part, as his rationale.

I will note that over the years many VP candidates do not, in fact, come from either Ohio and/or Florida, swing states though they be. Ms. Palin, for example, was from Alaska (2008). Mr. Biden is from Delaware. Paul Ryan from Wisconsin (2012).

Old 10-03-2015, 08:51 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Community organizer? Seeing Cruz is nothing more than a glorified legal clerk, I would rather take a proven president over Cruz....as well as most right wing voters who aren't supporting Cruz in the primaries.

Not just anyone can stand before the Supreme Court and argue a case.... And win.

9 times to be exact.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:08 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Ted Cruz rises, Jeb Bush tanks at Values Voter Summit

Ted Cruz rises, Jeb Bush tanks at Values Voter Summit

Conservatives were having nothing to do with former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush at the annual Values Voter Summit over the weekend. The political scion tied for dead last in this year’s VVS straw poll.

Who came out on top? It was Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), who energized the crowd of Republicans at the Washington, D.C. event. Cruz took 35 percent of the vote in the straw poll, winning over the conservative demographic within the GOP base — just as he has done in each of the past three VVS meetings.
Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson finished in second place in the straw poll — also his third time to play runner-up to Cruz among VVS voters. Businessman Donald Trump, who is leading in just about every major national GOP poll, fared far less well with grassroots conservatives, taking only 5 percent in the poll.

Doesn't coincide with what the media has been telling us? How is Cruz back on top, when the media clearly think it is, The Donald?
Some heads will roll and tricks played, as they did to Ron Paul when they found out this very same thing, when his expansive grassroots popularity, was more enormous than ever expected in early turnout and support...

Old 10-03-2015, 09:29 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Not just anyone can stand before the Supreme Court and argue a case.... And win.

9 times to be exact.
Just to be clear, he argued 9 times as the TX Solicitor General, winning 5 and losing 4. He didn't win all 9 as you imply.

Mick

Old 10-03-2015, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't know why people think ANY senator is an outsider and not part of the problem. I especially don't know why the governors don't bring this up more.
Yes, and not only that, Raffy has been involved with Federal and state politics and government continuously since he graduated from law school.

Mick

Old 10-03-2015, 09:42 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,633,295 times
Cruz wants us to live under Christian sharia law, as do most of the Republicans. I don't want someone telling me anything about their religious beliefs. Keep your religion to yourself. Who needs a bible thumper for President?

Old 10-03-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Who needs a bible thumper for President?
Fellow bible thumpers?

Mick

Old 10-04-2015, 09:31 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Lightbulb Oh, How Far Ted Cruz Has Fallen

Doesn't really matter.

Rafael Cruz isn't very interested in being a senator or even president.

It's just a convenient platform for his self-promotion and soothes his ego, which is about the size of the solar system.

My prediction:

After his failed presidential campaign, he likely won't run for a 2nd senate term. He isn't the least bit interested in public service. Way too bothersome, dealing with the needs of constituents. What he really wants is lots of media face time and recognition. And he'll try to get that through punditry. Maybe a Fox News 30 minute regular program. A hate radio talk show. Lots of appearances on the fried chicken circuit, a la Sarah Palin.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.