Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2015, 10:44 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
A pseudo science if there ever was one. It's the only profession in the world where you can say absolutely anything and never be held to account for it.
agreed

Quote:
The failure of any economist in 2008 to predict the coming complete meltdown of the USA financial sector and real estate market is proof enough of this.
Ron Paul and the the Austrian economists who he follows told us as early as 2001
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2015, 10:50 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
It's kind of difficult to disagree with most of Trumps ideas. What I don't like about Trump is that if you disagree with him, he stoops to name calling and insults. If you want people to agree with you stop insulting them.

How is he going to get congress to spend the money he want to spend building a wall.
Is he going to start taxing Ford, GM, Chrysler for bringing their cars across the border.

Do you really think he is going to stop the Mexican drug Cartel from bringing their drugs here? Too much money involved for that to stop, those people will stop at nothing to make sure we still get the drugs including a presidential assassination.

He said he will bomb Iran and take their oil. Really and nobody in the mid east is going to stop you.

Trump has said a lot of good things but it takes a diplomat to get things done and he has yet to display any diplomacy. Insulting interviewers and your opponents show how much class he lacks.

Running the country is not as easy as paying off the local politicians and strong arming building contractors.

Too many intelligent voter for Trump to win. He may get the TEA Party vote but that has never gotten anybody elected.
looks like you are one of the few sane posters on here.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:04 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Ron Paul and the the Austrian economists who he follows told us as early as 2001
I didn't say there were not people who saw it coming. I said it was the failure of "economists" to do so.

Old 10-05-2015, 12:06 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
A) I thought I contended everything you said.
B) I am sure you understand everything a professional economist knows, without the baggage of actual studying the field. I see why you support Trump. He thinks the same way. Running a government is easy! All you need are 'terrific people.' One doesn't have to bother with trivialities like foreign trade agreements or the fact that the president can't just order a tariff on foreign goods. Details, details.
  1. You didn't "contended" anything I said because you were not responding to me.
  2. This is another "appeal to authority" logical fallacy. i.e. I am right because I'm a "professional". Tossing in some sarcasm as icing on that cake only offers further proof of what I said.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Ah, "the same Trump we have been seeing since he entered the race," like when he said a few weeks ago that he wanted to raise taxes on the rich and the debt was too high, but last week came out with a plan that lowers taxes on the rich while adding $11 trillion to the debt?
You think he's correct on the issues? The guy throws out platitudes, generalities and unworkable ideas. When asked how he's going to "make America great," he answers with, "I'll hire terrific people." Gee, why didn't anyone else think of that?

Trump proposes to build a huge wall across the south border that he says will be "cheap." Meanwhile, very few are trying to cross the border illegally.

If you think that Trump is correct on the issues, what specifics do you agree with?
Like the truth matters to Trump? Salespeople don't care.

Old 10-05-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I didn't say there were not people who saw it coming. I said it was the failure of "economists" to do so.
The Austrians are economists. You mean the talkinghead economists that have been wrong to often?

Old 10-05-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
A) I thought I contended everything you said.
B) I am sure you understand everything a professional economist knows, without the baggage of actual studying the field. I see why you support Trump. He thinks the same way. Running a government is easy! All you need are 'terrific people.' One doesn't have to bother with trivialities like foreign trade agreements or the fact that the president can't just order a tariff on foreign goods. Details, details.
LOL He uses that "terrific people" line a lot. After all the Donald said it, so they must know how to run things. Proof is for the other guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections